Trying to Break 80 Club

I've lurked around and really never posted much, but that needs to change. My game is right where I want it & while I did break 80 for the first time yesterday, I fully expect most rounds to be in the 80's and working my way to break 80 again.

At the moment looking back it has been my short game that's been holding me back. It hasn't been terrible, but wedge & putter tinkering has held me back. Yesterday was an indication that with a sharp short game & the right set up I can break 80.

88 for me today with two lost balls and many just missed birdie putts to try to make back the bad shots. Sadly not a single birdie on the day today with a few good looks at them.

I've lurked around and really never posted much, but that needs to change. My game is right where I want it & while I did break 80 for the first time yesterday, I fully expect most rounds to be in the 80's and working my way to break 80 again.

At the moment looking back it has been my short game that's been holding me back. It hasn't been terrible, but wedge & putter tinkering has held me back. Yesterday was an indication that with a sharp short game & the right set up I can break 80.
I am right there with you in the short game department. Had my best day putting the other day with 30 putts and 3 putted 2 holes. Hoping I found the right putter for me in my white hot pro. Now to fix my wedge issues.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I am right there with you in the short game department. Had my best day putting the other day with 30 putts and 3 putted 2 holes. Hoping I found the right putter for me in my white hot pro. Now to fix my wedge issues.

That's currently my issue as well. I'm feel I'm so close but just need to clean up some short game stuff, especially putting. I shot 84 today and drove the ball incredibly well. Irons we solid too but flubbed a few short chips and missed a ton of putts. Could of easily shot 79 if I just capitalized on my birdie and par putts. I honestly know I dont practice my putting like I should tho so i guess i cant complain. I need to put the time in haha

I shot an 82 today playing from the Blues at a course with a slope rating of 133.

Two triples and a couple of doubles, otherwise I'm breaking 80 today.

But, top to bottom, that was the best 18 I've ever played.

Heading out to the course now. Trying some wedges with more bounce to see if that helps the short game. Picking up my j15 dpf irons from FedEx this afternoon too!

Shot a 78 (39/39) on Thursday. Best round in 25 years. Things are really trending in a positive direction this year.

Heading out to the course now. Trying some wedges with more bounce to see if that helps the short game. Picking up my j15 dpf irons from FedEx this afternoon too!

Waiting for new clubs is like waiting for Santa when you were a kid.
Good luck with them!

Shot a 78 (39/39) on Thursday. Best round in 25 years. Things are really trending in a positive direction this year.
Congrats!! Goin low!

Congrats on a solid round!

Finally after so many rounds in the 80s I broke it today with 79. I tried hard to mess it up playing last 3 holes 5 over

Finally after so many rounds in the 80s I broke it today with 79. I tried hard to mess it up playing last 3 holes 5 over
That's awesome! Gotta keep that up!

Sick round Kang! 79 with the last 3 being 5 over? That's solid. What caused the last 3 holes?

Sick round Kang! 79 with the last 3 being 5 over? That's solid. What caused the last 3 holes?
Thanks man. I have no idea really. I have a issue with some idiot showing up and taking over a few holes. Today happened to be the last 3 holes. Or maybe I'm the idiot and someone else played the first 15??? Haha. The triple on 17 came from hitting driver left into hazard, found the ball but took 2 to get out (hind sight tells me I should have took an unplayable?) Then chunk a wedge, chip on and two putt. Just no real explanation but that's golf I guess lol

Thanks man. I have no idea really. I have a issue with some idiot showing up and taking over a few holes. Today happened to be the last 3 holes. Or maybe I'm the idiot and someone else played the first 15??? Haha. The triple on 17 came from hitting driver left into hazard, found the ball but took 2 to get out (hind sight tells me I should have took an unplayable?) Then chunk a wedge, chip on and two putt. Just no real explanation but that's golf I guess lol

Yep that's golf dude. That's what's keeping me from playing in the 70's. Consistency is the hardest part.

Shot a 87 today on a tough narrow course with a 131 slope rating. So I am pretty happy. It had postage stamp sized greens.

2 toppers stopped me from being in here posting today...so stupid

You can take relief with a penalty, but you can't take an unplayable in a hazard. Glad you made it out with a 79..that's some good mental fortitude to not let it get away!

You can take relief with a penalty, but you can't take an unplayable in a hazard. Glad you made it out with a 79..that's some good mental fortitude to not let it get away!
That's what I meant... lol tomāto tomato

Solid playing lately guys! I've got an afternoon range session and I'll be spending a lot of time in the short game area and putting. My last round showed me if I want to break 80 consistently it will be with a sharp wedge game and accurate putting

I wonder if Tiger is going to be trying to break 80 today...

Back