#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Btw since you guys have to each pay a higher booking fee, your first round of drinks is on me!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Btw since you guys have to each pay a higher booking fee, your first round of drinks is on me!

A gentleman you are

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We're going to have plenty of time for a good meal between finishing a 7:30 AM tee time and waiting for a 2 something PM time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A gentleman you are

Least I can do mate :)
We're going to have plenty of time for a good meal between finishing a 7:30 AM tee time and waiting for a 2 something PM time.

Sure will. I like the way the timing shook out.

So with awk joining for Fri night, I would think we definitely want to go with another Embassy suite right?

Least I can do mate :)

Sure will. I like the way the timing shook out.

So with awk joining for Fri night, I would think we definitely want to go with another Embassy suite right?

Oh yeah I need another couch to sleep on now haha

So will it be 4 and 2 or 3 and 3 for the tee times?

4 and 2. Can't change your booking after you've already done it. But we may be able to send a 2 some back for half the round.

4 and 2. Can't change your booking after you've already done it. But we may be able to send a 2 some back for half the round.

Those spots won't remain open. They will be filled by to stand bys

I think I'll write a new Dr Suess book about the Torrey rounds called Oh The Places Your Balls Will Go. I think it's a catchy title.

Trying to get a third for second group on Torrey North.

Trying to get a third for second group on Torrey North.

I'd be interested, just having moved here if you can't find anyone. I'd have to get my game in order though!

I'd be interested, just having moved here if you can't find anyone. I'd have to get my game in order though!

THPers are always welcome. Send StanTheCaddy a PM and you can be added to the second tee time.

Leave no THPer behind program in full effect

Hope you can join, ken!

When my wife told me I was able to stay and play Torrey with you guys I just about did a cartwheel. (I cant do cartwheels)

Edited first post to reflect some recent developments, let me know if I need to make any further adjustments.

The below reflects one room at the Embassy booked already. If we book one more, we will be covered for the whole trip as long as we can get away with squeezing 4 guys in one of the rooms Thursday night and maybe Friday (if Jman is flying out Sat AM instead of Fri PM). The other nights we have 6 people or less.

The other option is we book 2 more standard rooms (split 2 ways each), but one of them we only keep for Thurs-Fri.

What does everyone want to do? I'm ok with booking the extra Embassy room or one of the extra standard rooms. Barry, correct me if I'm wrong, but we should be able to sleep 4 in an Embassy suite with a rollaway right?

Itineraries:
Awkward Silence: 8/20 AM - 8/22 PM (driving)
Jman: 8/19 PM - 8/21 PM
StanTheCaddy: 8/19 11:00 PM - 8/23
cpljohnst: 8/18 PM - 8/23 AM
SkiBumGolfer: 8/19 10 PM - 8/23 10 AM
chumphries: 8/18 6:25 PM - 8/23 10:25 AM
Spivey: 8/19 AM - 8/22 AM (driving)

Hotel info/rosters:

Embassy Suites Suite #1 (Tues-Sat): chumphries, cpljohnst, ________
Room #2 (Wed-Sat): SkiBumGolfer, StanTheCaddy

Renting car?
Awkward Silence: No (driving in Thurs, small vehicle, cannot give rides)
Jman: ?
StanTheCaddy: Maybe (share cab from airport or rental with SkiBumGolfer)
cpljohnst: Yes
SkiBumGolfer: Maybe (share cab from airport or rental with StanTheCaddy)
chumphries: Share with cpljohnst
Spivey: No (driving in Wed)

Project X Address: True Temper Grafalloy, 9401 Waples St. #140, San Diego, CA 92121

Tee Time Info
Torrey Pines South - Wed 8/19 PM
alez367
cpljohsnt
chumphries
Spivey

Torrey Pines North #1 - 7:30AM, Sat 8/22
alez367
SkiBumGolfer
cpljohnst
chumphries

Torrey Pines North #2 - Sat 8/22
StanTheCaddy
Awkward silence
ken_h?

Torrey Pines South - Sat 8/22
sandiegonative
SkiBumGolfer
StanTheCaddy
chumphries

Edited first post to reflect some recent developments, let me know if I need to make any further adjustments.

The below reflects one room at the Embassy booked already. If we book one more, we will be covered for the whole trip as long as we can get away with squeezing 4 guys in one of the rooms Thursday night and maybe Friday (if Jman is flying out Sat AM instead of Fri PM). The other nights we have 6 people or less.

The other option is we book 2 more standard rooms (split 2 ways each), but one of them we only keep for Thurs-Fri.

What does everyone want to do? I'm ok with booking the extra Embassy room or one of the extra standard rooms. Barry, correct me if I'm wrong, but we should be able to sleep 4 in an Embassy suite with a rollaway right?

If we can get rollaways, that'd be great. That'll really cut down on the costs a good bit.

If we can get rollaways, that'd be great. That'll really cut down on the costs a good bit.

Agreed. I think two Embassy suites is probably simplest and nice and cost effective, but just want to make sure folks are OK with rollaways (and that we can even do that).

I can give the Embassy suites a call and see if they have rollaways. Might be this weekend before I get to it though, on a busy work trip from now through Friday.

I can give the Embassy suites a call and see if they have rollaways. Might be this weekend before I get to it though, on a busy work trip from now through Friday.

Thanks Barry. I might get a chance to call them first though, so I'll let you know if I do. Embassy Suites La Jolla right?

EDIT: BTW is the $227 you found just the AAA rate for 2 guests?

Last edited:
Thanks Barry. I might get a chance to call them first though, so I'll let you know if I do. Embassy Suites La Jolla right?

EDIT: BTW is the $227 you found just the AAA rate for 2 guests?
Not sure. Didn't list any restrictions. I would guess 4 people.

Back