Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Ha! "Gotta get fit," is what you say, right??? All everyone ever says... This was my first fitting for these clubs. No need to "tinker" now!!!
Pretty excited to hear about your round tomorrow. I expect a full report on how they performed for you.

I'm very impressed with these irons. I had the 745 5-pw and picked up the 5 & 6 irons in the 545. I just get better gaps through out the set now. I hit the 5 iron in the 545's 195 which is at least 12 yards longer then my Apex Pro. The turf interaction is to me what sets these apart from other irons in there class plus the feel.

Another round with these today in difficult damp conditions and I continue to be impressed every time I hit them

The 4i got it's first run out and it was a good choice to add it to my bag. We have a tight tree lined fairway where I tried hitting a second ball with it just to see if it would do what I wanted and it did - a perfect high draw putting the ball into the middle of the fairway

Glad i found this post, i am staring at a great deal on a brand new set for $500 in the box. The shafts are the DG S300's however. Not much love on this post and yes i read the whole thing. Can anyone detail why no one likes these shafts? i am blanked on what to replace them with. I like the heavier weight in D3 than what i am playing now.

So why doesn't anyone like the S300's?

Glad i found this post, i am staring at a great deal on a brand new set for $500 in the box. The shafts are the DG S300's however. Not much love on this post and yes i read the whole thing. Can anyone detail why no one likes these shafts? i am blanked on what to replace them with. I like the heavier weight in D3 than what i am playing now.

There's nothing wrong with the S300 at all - it's a well made shaft, and great for people who fit into it. In the past few years, there have been a lot more options in steel shafts, both in weight and profile. So, it's more that people have found others that they prefer.

for me i didn't not like the feel and my numbers during my fitting were better with the KBS tour. I know a few people who prefer the S300s in these and get along with them great. it really comes down to what works for each person and what they prefer. suggest hitting them with different options and see what works best.

I have Recoil 95s in mine and still maintain the D3 SW. I had to add a very small amount of lead tape to 3 of the iron heads to get them to all hit D3.

Well I bought them. Amazing clubs. I love the weight and find that it helps me a lot to feel where the head of the club is. My XR's are a D2 swing weight and the Z's swing so much nicer. I think I am going to really like these clubs after hitting a few range balls. And they look just amazing.

Getting out tomorrow morning. Can't wait to hit these again and again

Cleaned up and ready for a round at Sea Oaks tomorrow afternoon.

f9d2a2c0eece063f36f18026013c4525.jpg

Still amazed at how much I get away with poor low and/or toe contact with these irons. Certainly not complaining!

They look great with those Pings.
Agreed. Once I find the box in my new house that I packed all of my paintfill supplies in, I'm going to fill in the 'GLIDE' with a white to make them match even more.

Still amazed at how much I get away with poor low and/or toe contact with these irons. Certainly not complaining!
Though it's never fun to miss a shot all the way out on the chrome, it is fun when said shot holds the line and still travels 90-95% of its intended distance.

i have had my Z's for a couple of weeks now. Been to the range a few times with them. I have to say they are just as forgiving as most any club in the GI market (at least the ones i have tried). I have hit a few close to the toe which is my miss and the ball still went pretty straight. These clubs seem to be built for the miss off the toe. What i really noticed was how easy it was to hit the 4 and 5 iron. Especially the 4. I hate 4 irons but i am quite consistent with the Z545. I even hit bio cells, XR and 545 4i in a row 10 balls each. The Z's where so much better. I couldn't believe it. I haven't noticed huge distance gains however from them against my XR's. The XR's do carry further and are great in themselves, but the Z's are so gorgeous and have a players iron feel to them. Either way, very happy i bought them. Sometimes they seem a little above my HDCP, but the more i use them the better i get with them.

I'm not sure if I'll ever want another iron. I hit my 4 iron 220 off a tee today. Exception, not the rule, but still...

I have been reading this thread and it forced me to order a combo set. 545 4, 5 & 6 745 7 - PW. Have to wait to mid September for the 545 head. I think i might explode waiting 2 months. 745's coming in 10 days

To be honest, I'm getting ready to order the individual 3 iron and AW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice. I wanted the A wedge myself, but could not find a decent price at the time, so went with a Scor to fill the gap. Regret it now.
To be honest, I'm getting ready to order the individual 3 iron and AW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Set AW is incredible. I use the u45 20* as my 3 iron. Love it

I might have to go that route. My current challenge is finding my new distances... This one went about 20 yards past the green, 9-iron at 120 yards to the stick, back of the green was 135 https://vimeo.com/132615307

Chipped on and two putted for the bogey.

Have to learn new distances now. Get out there and enjoy them.

Well these irons are long and forgiving... Or at least the 5,6,7 are long...
anybody else find the short irons are fairly average for yardage?
I am hitting the 6 iron almost 180 which is 15 years more than my old 6 iron but my 9 is only 140 which is only a couple yards more than my old 9...

Overall they are nice, but I just can't see them kicking my 850 Forged out of the bag. The Mizunos are just too soft and buttery!

Back