Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I still have these as my primary clubs. Will keep them in play this year.

I still have my 545 in the bag and they are staying there at least until srixon releases 585.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Tried then today at a demo-- did not like them -- looked beautiful but did not work for me - probably more the human than the club but there are better irons out there for me -- these were hard to hit-- harder than my ole trusty titliests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I’m probably the only person still playing these irons. I went back and re-read the thread to see what I thought of them long ago and I have to say my posts hold up.

They look and feel fantastic, they offer distance, and are more than forgiving enough, even after taking almost seven years away from the game. I think the sole is magic and I was able to see success all the way through my 5-PW set. I can see why the newer iteration is so popular.

I always like to quantify forgiveness in terms of real-life results and had a few opportunities for that over 9 holes.

A low-face 5 iron that got elevated enough to leave me a short pitch from in front of the green.

A toe-side 7 iron that not only carried a ravine, but carried just short of pin high, 10 yards left of the green.

A heavy’ish 8 iron that didn’t get hung up and gave me a undeserved ball flight that just barely came short the front of the green. Magic sole.

Happy to say I hit some good ones too, including two greens hit from the rough and a couple near-misses from straight pushes. I was a turd with a wedge in my hand or might have turned in a respectable round. Still trying to redevelop my feel there.

Kind of wish I had an AW right now. I may try to find one.

Well, I’m probably the only person still playing these irons. I went back and re-read the thread to see what I thought of them long ago and I have to say my posts hold up.

They look and feel fantastic, they offer distance, and are more than forgiving enough, even after taking almost seven years away from the game. I think the sole is magic and I was able to see success all the way through my 5-PW set. I can see why the newer iteration is so popular.

I always like to quantify forgiveness in terms of real-life results and had a few opportunities for that over 9 holes.

A low-face 5 iron that got elevated enough to leave me a short pitch from in front of the green.

A toe-side 7 iron that not only carried a ravine, but carried just short of pin high, 10 yards left of the green.

A heavy’ish 8 iron that didn’t get hung up and gave me a undeserved ball flight that just barely came short the front of the green. Magic sole.

Happy to say I hit some good ones too, including two greens hit from the rough and a couple near-misses from straight pushes. I was a turd with a wedge in my hand or might have turned in a respectable round. Still trying to redevelop my feel there.

Kind of wish I had an AW right now. I may try to find one.
I didn't play the 545's, but I did game the 565's and they were great. Would go back to them in a heartbeat. Srixon has only been improving the looks and performance lately though!

I didn't play the 545's, but I did game the 565's and they were great. Would go back to them in a heartbeat. Srixon has only been improving the looks and performance lately though!

Man, I can remember everyone drooling over the original Z Star irons. They really have put out some great sets over the years.

Man, I can remember everyone drooling over the original Z Star irons. They really have put out some great sets over the years.
They have really built on to the successes that they had with the early sets. The current ZX line is awesome.

They have really built on to the successes that they had with the early sets. The current ZX line is awesome.

Nice. I read some comments here. Glad to see them in stores now too.

Back