Nope just actual licensed courses, much better graphics/textures, and licensed golfers and commentary. It will do some things better than TGC, and others not as well.
I eagerly await y'alls reviews. I can't fork out that kind of money for 10 courses, models I couldn't care less about, and commentary, which I mute anyway.

Edit: Except maybe Paula. I might play as Paula.

Wow...I was really looking forward to this but man the reviews are awful. WTF EA?

I eagerly await y'alls reviews. I can't fork out that kind of money for 10 courses, models I couldn't care less about, and commentary, which I mute anyway.

Edit: Except maybe Paula. I might play as Paula.

Wow...I was really looking forward to this but man the reviews are awful. WTF EA?

I'll give a review after I get back and can play a couple rounds. I have played a decent amount of games that get bad reviews that actually aren't as bad as people say.

...so if I say it's bad, it's probably pretty bad haha.

I'm worried now too haha. Just read igns review and it was horrible. Said pretty much everything was taken out or stripped down. Quarter of the golfers, half the courses, no lpga or legends, no online country clubs, no other gametypes online besides match and stroke play. They also said the career mode was super watered down with no trophy rooms or anything anymore. Wtf i thought for sure they'd not touch any of that stuff from the previous TW games. Kinda disappointed

Disappointing to hear the reviews are mixed on the game. I think I'm going to swing by Gamestop anyway and grab it just because I can't get enough golf in my life!

Apparently the create a golfer is a complete joke, like laughable kinda stuff. Like just a few preset things and that's it haha. All the reviews say the mechanics are solid and the graphics are pretty good but the content is simply pathetic. I'm sure EA will release more like they always do just in the form of dlc that'll cost 19.99 a piece lol. Dammit

Yes there are few courses. Yes there are few game modes. Yes there are few players to choose from. But honestly I've been playing for about 2 hours or so (mostly my career mode) and I like it so far. It's a golf game. Nothing crazy. It is a little bit of a disappointment as far as content but that's what I've come to expect from games now a days. And I really like the career mode how it's an abbreviated round(like 4-6-9 holes at a time). Makes it more of a challenge to win. So, all in all, so far so good for me

I might still get it because i haven't had a golf game in a long time but it sucks they took so much out. I was looking forward to a bunch of online stuff as that's mostly what i play

Yes there are few courses. Yes there are few game modes. Yes there are few players to choose from. But honestly I've been playing for about 2 hours or so (mostly my career mode) and I like it so far. It's a golf game. Nothing crazy. It is a little bit of a disappointment as far as content but that's what I've come to expect from games now a days. And I really like the career mode how it's an abbreviated round(like 4-6-9 holes at a time). Makes it more of a challenge to win. So, all in all, so far so good for me

You can change the abbreviated round if you choose just fyi.

I watched a Twitch feed of some dude playing and thought the Rory model looked atrocious. At one point I thought it looked more like JB than Rory. That's not to say JB is atrocious, but that Rory's model wasn't even close.

It's hard to imagine they could make EA Golf any worse...but if sounds like they did. The reviews are AWFUL!

It's hard to imagine they could make EA Golf any worse...but if sounds like they did. The reviews are AWFUL!
Lol I havent seen any that say any different. Pretty disappointed

Played it last night on EA access, canceled my order today. It's ok but the lack of content my god

Played it last night on EA access, canceled my order today. It's ok but the lack of content my god

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to drop to $30 or less. Fun, sure. Worth $60... uh, no.

I just downloaded The golf club. Tired of waiting on EA, then it's a bare bones game with tons of available downloads to come. BS

I don't know...I'm entertained by it. Is it perfect? No. But I like being able to use current clubs. The important holes mode for career is pretty nice. I like that you get a full weekend feel in basically one 18 hole round.

I don't know...I'm entertained by it. Is it perfect? No. But I like being able to use current clubs. The important holes mode for career is pretty nice. I like that you get a full weekend feel in basically one 18 hole round.

You're so right man. Too much bashing on this game going on today. I get that the content is lacking, but I'm still enjoying it for what it is. A golfing video game.

I just downloaded The golf club. Tired of waiting on EA, then it's a bare bones game with tons of available downloads to come. BS
Good deal, even though they borked the game with their last 'update'. For those of us that swing using left stick, somehow, the damn thing got inverted, so you have to swing up then down, now. Really? I will never understand how that got past QC/Play testing.

Any idea if they took out "shot shaping"?!

I haven't figured out how I can move my ball positioning, etc.

Well I bought it anyway and will echo the other statements - lack of content is disappointing however I find the actual gameplay to be fun. Good graphics and mechanics. I am not a hardcore gamer so just being able to pick it up and play the occasional round is good by me. I am going to try out career mode tonight when the kiddos go to bed.

I'm also interested in trying out the online matches. I am playing with the 'Tour' mechanics but had to include the zoom in because I couldn't see or judge where I was hitting it.

Any idea if they took out "shot shaping"?!

I haven't figured out how I can move my ball positioning, etc.

You can shot shape. I think it's Right and Left on the D-Pad. If you're playing on the Tour mechanics you actually have to swing the stick to the Right/Left to hit it too, which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm currently playing srixon 745's if anyone was curious. Interesting how they do the sponsorship in this game...if that's what you'd call it

You're so right man. Too much bashing on this game going on today. I get that the content is lacking, but I'm still enjoying it for what it is. A golfing video game.
I don't think there's too much bashing. Everyone has a preference on what they want in a game, especially for 60 bucks. If you put out a game with half the content of a game that came out 10 years ago.........

I don't think there's too much bashing. Everyone has a preference on what they want in a game, especially for 60 bucks. If you put out a game with half the content of a game that came out 10 years ago.........

I do prefer the gameplay of Tiger '12 that I have. Much more in depth with how you go about things. If they would have just made that game again with new graphics and new clubs with maybe a few different courses...I would have be thrilled and gladly paid the money for it. That was still the best one to come out IMO.

But if you're curious about the bashing, check out the PS4 thread haha. Maybe people with a playstation are just bitter

Back