Worst shot of the round

This thread needs to be much more popular. God knows we all will have plenty to fill it with.

My last round was over a week ago, but I had a spectacular fail on my tee shot on the 8th hole, an island green. Took my 52° and proceeded to skull it right into the water. Never had a chance. It did skip 3 times before sinking though.

My next round will be on my new home course which I've never played. I expect a few calamities based on lack of knowledge. I will post the worst here.

Tee shot on #8, a par three. In the drink.

Or it could be my sand shot on #12 that went all of a foot, but at least out of the trap. My next shot was a 25 yard high pitch that stopped two feet from the hole.

Tee shot on a par 4. You have to hit over water, and there's water along the right side of the fairway. My stock shot if a fade, so I set it up over the water, and let it fade towards the fairway. Unfortunately, nothing happened, and the ball was straight as an arrow. Second try; exactly the same! Fortunately the third drive was close to perfect...

I went hard at a driver on a dog-leg right par-5 to see if I could get home in two. I blew it WAY right and OB. The next shot was just a nice, solid drive and I wound up hitting the green from there and making bogey.

two wedges on back-to-back holes are pretty much tied for worst of the round this past sunday. long par 4 dogleg right with carry over water i hit the ball well but put too much cut on it and the wind took it, it hit ground then bounced into thick reeds in front of the water. i found it, and hacked it back in the fairway, 95y into the green for a possible up-and-down par. dead shank 56* into the water. dropped and hit it on the green, two-putt triple. very next hole, 125y par 3 over water into a little wind. hit 50* and dead shank it again! hit again from the tee, put it on, and two-putt for a lovely double.

On my 1st hole of the day I hit a nice drive about 280 leaving myself a full 60° into the green. Bladed that way over the green into a hazard & ended up taking a double to start my round. Those twilight rounds coming straight from work & no warm up sure do make the first couple of holes interesting.

Over the weekend I hit a gap wedge off the heel which resulted in a line drive through the green and into the ob woods.

My worst from the weekend was an awesome shank on #11 Sunday that led to a double bogey. Thankfully, I laughed that on off.

Thinned a sand wedge from 105 yds, rolled up and over a 6 ft high bunker wall, thru the green, landed in the desert. Playable, tho, could not get up and down. Bogey.

Thois is several worst shots of the round.

I was playing a 5600 yd par 74/120 course (women) yesterday. I've been hitting my driver well. It's about the only club I'm hitting well. I played 9 holes then went home. The sun was quite hot and I went home after 9 holes.

Sorry here the distance bears mentioning because it was a personal record.

I'd just driven the green on a 245 yd par 4, barely, but left myself a 60 ft lag putt and ended up barely making par.

So it was on to a 410 yd par 5. I ripped it about 10 yds past the 150 yd marker. Do the math here. My jaw dropped. I had a 140 yd shot to the flag in the fairway with a perfect lie. I took out my 8 iron and proceeded to chunk a 40 yarder. Then I took out my gap wedge and chunked another 50 yarder. This left me another wedge shot which I skulled over the green. I chipped on with my PW and two putted for a double bogey.

The next hole I hit another monster drive, topped my 4H, hit a reasonable 7 iron into not too bad of a position, but shanked my lob wedge into the next fairway. Turning yet another great drive into a double bogey.

I hate this game. I'm not hitting another ball until my game repair lesson next wednesday.

Played well today, so while I had a few mediocre shots today (like every day), only one truly bad one - straight chili-dipped a pitch that led to my only bogey.

The Woo was unhappy with himself.

Hole 1 of the first round at my new club. I striped it off the tee (lovely first impression!) and hit my PW short and just off the green to the front and right. Bunker at 2:00 and 3 feet away. Hole at 12:00. I set up to chip it, and hit it straight right to 3:00 and into the bunker! A first rate shank. I got out of the bunker and 2-putted for a double.

I was 3 over just off of the left side of the par 4 17th green in two. The guy we got paired up with was struggling to even get on the green and the group behind us had been waiting for a while. I decided to go ahead and chip on while our extra was walking back to his ball over the other side of the green. I promptly chunked my chip about 12" in front of me. I then half bladed the next one 8 feet past the hole and quickly two putted for a 6.

Yesterday, on the par 5 fifth hole, I tried to kill the drive. I hit a hosel rocket about 60 yards into the left deep rough. On the bright side, I managed to bogey the hole.

Which ones, lol . Oh man I cannot pick just one. If I had to it would be the straight right ball followed by a bladed wedge from the cart part which rolled into the water. And my approach was coming from 145 in the middle of the fairway . Yeah one of those days....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Would be any of my three sand shots on hole 8 today. The two I left in, or the one that flew over the green. Take your pick.

my worst today was a 40 yard pitch that I shanked into the heather. Led to a double bogey

Two come to mind:

412 dogleg right par 4. Hit a center cut tee shot to about 200 and grabbed my 3hyb feeling confident about life in general, etc. Proceeded to hit the fattest shot I've hit in months and chunked the ball about 25 yards right down into a valley. Ugh.

204 yard par 3 - wide open, no hazards or OB. Trees (jail) to the right. I was on hole 17 of my round and had a pretty solid round going. Given the chunk w/ the 3hyb earlier I went ultra conservative and decided to go PW/PW and take jail out of play. Yes, I laid up on a par 3... what can I say; I didn't have a great 200 yard shot in my bag at that point.

Anyway - pushed the PW off the tee right into the damn trees. Punch out, chip on, two putt. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Hole #7 is a dogleg right that's guarded by a tall tree at the corner. It requires a really good drive to be in position to attack the pin, or you can play it down the 8th fairway & leave yourself a shot well back of trees anywhere from 115-130 (I pretty much have those yardages down). If no one is on 8, I'll generally take that route. I got really lazy with a swing and missed way right. Atleast 60 yards right of where I was trying to go, and a solid 150 yards from the fairway on 7. Still made bogey though.

I did hit way behind a ball in the bunker & didn't make contact with the ball whatsover. Hit another one after that to about 8 inches for a bogey save.

par 4 , down hill 380 yards straight away, approx. 60 yard wide landing zone, trees/out of bounds right, tree line down left side. I pushed, nay, blocked out my drive a good 15 yards right OB, was pissed at myself for trying to "steer" my drive instead of swinging my driver. did not even look for the pro v 1 that I only played 4 holes with

Any of the putts that either lipped out or came back toward me during my round yesterday. There were at least 6 of these.

The simple 25' foot chip that was my 3rd shot from just off the green on the par 5 16th. I needed a birdie to keep my streak alive and this was as simple as it gets. Perfect lie. slightly up hill with just a tiny little left to right break. No reason to leave it short, but I did. I didn't mishit it. I just simply went brain dead and babied it about 8 feet short, and then lipped out the birdie putt. Just plain stupid.

Worst shot of your last round of golf - What one shot would you like to do over

Worst shot of your last round of golf - What one shot would you like to do over

There is a thread by the name of "Best Shot" but I thought it would be interesting to have a worst shot thread. My definition of worst shot would be that one bad shot that resulted in a blow-up hole. This would entail any bad shot that caused you to make a double or more bogey on a hole in which if it wasn't for that bad shot or series of bad shots combined you know you could have scored better on that hole. In other words what one shot would you like to do over?

Tee shot on my last hole - #9, par 3. Didn't finish my swing and put it in the front right bunker with a lousy lie. Hit it to the back of the green with a wicked chip coming back and then a two putt for double.

Sucked as I was 1-under coming to #9 (two birdies and one bogey) with my prior 4 holes being birdie, par (just missed birdie), birdie, par.

I had plenty, but the one that frustrated me the most was a long par 5 wide open to the left, bunker straight ahead 280 to reach and I didn't look to see what was right. my shank showed up and I hit the drive high heel so a floater fade that rode right into the marshy crap I didn't know was right. maybe I would have aimed more left? ended up making double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back