UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

I hope Cain takes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet go big JohN!!!!!!!!!!!

is there a PPV tonite?

Looks like atdhe will be showing Impact FC tonight at 10:30pm

Also I'm watching something on the MMA TV feed right now. IDK what it is, but they are introducing several fighters, and have a two story circular video screen in the middle of the ring showing the fighter's intros lol I think it's the Dream event...

How is he "returning" since the UFC doesn't hire or select refs right?

Or does it have something to do with them being in CA, instead of Nevada?

just know that he will be reffing august 1st in san diego for ufc on versus.

Cool! I don't know the deal/story, but he can't be sanctioned to ref in Nevada I don't think.

well something happened where he made derogatory remarks about the nevada athletic commission or something like that. supposedly they wouldn't renew his license to ref. so he retired. He lives in LA so I guess they must have asked him if he wanted to work the event. He will probably work ufc 121 too since its in anaheim. I think dana got tired of all the crappy officiating lately and wanted to bring back the best.

is this the guy that says lets get it on!?

yeah I remember him from way back in the day when I used to watch MMA all the time. Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Dan Severen, Tank Abbot, Olag Taktarov etc

yeah I remember him from way back in the day when I used to watch MMA all the time. Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie, Dan Severen, Tank Abbot, Olag Taktarov etc

Nice! Big John goes all the way back to UFC 2, I believe. I almost think I like that form of UFC better than today. I guess they both have their pros and cons.

yeah I had a fixed cable box back then and watched plenty of bloody wars go down in the octagon. but remember little Royce being the badest man for quite a while

I like Cain but I don't see him having a chance here.

Totally agree. Cain is too undersized for the Heavyweight division and he'll just get controlled on the ground. Sure, he's a good wrestler but he isn't a better wrestler than Brock.

And if Carwin couldn't knock Lesnar out... how could Cain?

Totally agree. Cain is too undersized for the Heavyweight division and he'll just get controlled on the ground. Sure, he's a good wrestler but he isn't a better wrestler than Brock.

And if Carwin couldn't knock Lesnar out... how could Cain?

Exactly my thoughts. Cain is a small heavyweight. With exception to his last fight with Nog he is not known for his KO power. I see this being over by TKO in the 1st. The thing with Lesnar is his rate of improvement. He is more impressive every time he fights. Its hard to imagine anyone being able to overpower him or KO him. And ever since Mir tapped him out Lesnar's ground game has improved dramatically.

Of course I never thought in a million years Werdum had a chance in hell against Fedor either...

Exactly my thoughts. Cain is a small heavyweight. With exception to his last fight with Nog he is not known for his KO power. I see this being over by TKO in the 1st. The thing with Lesnar is his rate of improvement. He is more impressive every time he fights. Its hard to imagine anyone being able to overpower him or KO him. And ever since Mir tapped him out Lesnar's ground game has improved dramatically.

Of course I never thought in a million years Werdum had a chance in hell against Fedor either...

A good point about Lesnar's continued improvement. It's gotta be difficult for guys to come up with a decent strategy against him right now since he seemingly adds so much to his skill set every time he fights. Carwin even admitted that he was taken completely by surprise when Brock went for the arm triangle instead of pounding on him from the mount.

And as for Fedor, he had to get caught eventually right? Apparently his camp is practically demanding a rematch... trying to save face I'm sure.

A good point about Lesnar's continued improvement. It's gotta be difficult for guys to come up with a decent strategy against him right now since he seemingly adds so much to his skill set every time he fights. Carwin even admitted that he was taken completely by surprise when Brock went for the arm triangle instead of pounding on him from the mount.

And as for Fedor, he had to get caught eventually right? Apparently his camp is practically demanding a rematch... trying to save face I'm sure.

Overeem is the only person who I see having a chance of beating Lesnar at the moment. But Overeem hasnt beaten anyone impressive IMO and most of his losses have been against top-level competition so I would have to give the nod to Lesnar.

Fedor lost because he got sloppy. Either that or the speculation about him becoming god-like in so many peoples eyes really did start to bother him. I don't know...I am a Fedor nut-hugger and now that I have been enlightened...he really hasn't faced top level competition since the Pride days. To be undefeated for 10 straight years is a mind-numbing accomplishment but he can be accused of dodging the best during some of that time. I wouldn't take anything away from Werdum and call his win a fluke but I don't expect the rematch to go the same way. Still...all of us Fedor fans now have to admit that his is a mere mortal after all and I seriously wonder if he could beat Brock after all...

To think Cain can't knock Brock out because of his size , I can't agree. He isnt a small heavyweight at 243 pounds. Punching someone and being able to knock people out has a lot more to do with technique. Size does help but its not the defining factor. Look at Fedor. Isnt the biggest guy but has a huge punch. Anderson is deadly accurate and has outstanding Muay Thai. Not saying he will beat Brock but I think he poses a huge challenge. Not going to be a cakewalk for Brock.

To think Cain can't knock Brock out because of his size , I can't agree. He isnt a small heavyweight at 243 pounds. Punching someone and being able to knock people out has a lot more to do with technique. Size does help but its not the defining factor. Look at Fedor. Isnt the biggest guy but has a huge punch. Anderson is deadly accurate and has outstanding Muay Thai. Not saying he will beat Brock but I think he poses a huge challenge. Not going to be a cakewalk for Brock.

true...but don't forget how much Lesanr has to cut just to make 265. I'm sure he is closer to 285 at fight time. I don't consider Cain to have the power of Carwin but he has been devestating in all his wins so far and like I said...anything can always happen. I just feel Lesnar is in a different league than Cain is right now. But I hope to be wrong...I love a good upset.

I just wanna see a fellow Messican win lol.

You're right, his size doesn't matter too much in regards to his knockout power. Anyone that size and with that much athleticism can knock a guy out, no matter who that guy is. But, Carwin is bigger than Cain and is just as skilled at boxing, so I think the odds of Cain pulling of a knockout victory are pretty low. And I just don't see any other way for Cain to win other than a knockout.

Maybe a flying gogoplata/head noogie... TONS of power but Carwin isnt super technical. Cain's boxing looked phenominal when he put Nog away. I just think the key is getting past Brocks haircut. Lot's of hair product and probably as hard a brick.

Sorry WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much coffee this am.
You're right, his size doesn't matter too much in regards to his knockout power. Anyone that size and with that much athleticism can knock a guy out, no matter who that guy is. But, Carwin is bigger than Cain and is just as skilled at boxing, so I think the odds of Cain pulling of a knockout victory are pretty low. And I just don't see any other way for Cain to win other than a knockout.

Maybe a flying gogoplata/head noogie... TONS of power but Carwin isnt super technical. Cain's boxing looked phenominal when he put Nog away. I just think the key is getting past Brocks haircut. Lot's of hair product and probably as hard a brick.

Sorry WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much coffee this am.

LMAO...and don't forget the power of the sword tatoo.

The sword!!!!!!!!!! I heard it called other things too. The guy is starting to warm up to me. I'm sure that was his goal too haha.
LMAO...and don't forget the power of the sword tatoo.

The sword!!!!!!!!!! I heard it called other things too. The guy is starting to warm up to me. I'm sure that was his goal too haha.

well yeah it looks more like something else but Im trying to behave on here. I like his back ink but seriously...wtf was he thinking when he got that crap on his chest?

well yeah it looks more like something else but Im trying to behave on here. I like his back ink but seriously...wtf was he thinking when he got that crap on his chest?

I was kind of wonder the same thing. I guess when your easily top 5 baddest MF'ers on the planet though, you can do whatever you want, and nobody is gonna call you on it :laughing:

It looks like some kind of weird hybrid WWI trench knife.

Back