Ferry's Point -NYC

Looking at my August schedule I'm thinking I will be in NY week of 8/10 so I am planning a round that week. Since Monday the course is closed for a private event, it will be sometime later in the week (most likely Tuesday or Wednesday as I might need to be in Phoenix Friday). If anyone is interested, let me know.

So how does afternoon on 8/16 or early am on 8/17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how does afternoon on 8/16 or early am on 8/17?

For me, probably not so good - I am likely heading out Sunday night for a business trip (and golfing the day I am leaving doesn't ingratiate me to the Mrs). That may change if I have to be in Phoenix on the 14th. If so, I'll let you know.

I'm planning on going out there for a round either Tuesday 8/11 or Wednesday 8/12. I'm waiting till later this week to see how the weather is shaping up and will probably make a reservation Friday or Saturday. If anyone wants to join me, let me know.

I am going to reserve a tee time tomorrow for next Tuesday or Wednesday. . If anyone wants to join me post or PM me.

Wish I could do a Tuesday or Wed.

Fyi
Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point will be closed for aeration: Monday, August 17th to Thursday, August 20th 2015.
We will reopen on Friday, August 21st. Please be advised that the golf course will be in the healing process upon reopening. For more information on conditions please call (718) 414-1555.

I couldn't make it next week, so will keep my eyes open on when you are thinking of rescheduling

Got out to Ferry Point today. It was pretty windy - two clubs at times.

Nice course with some pretty views of Long Island Sound. Good practice areas - range, short game area and putting. Greens are pristine (although they will be aerated next week).

If you use a GPS watch, make sure the update your courses before you go. I have a Bushnell Neo X and I forgot to do that. All it was good for was telling time. Carts have GPS but post rainy day before it was cart path only so I relied on laser rangefinder.

Food can be ordered via GPS and delivered. Actually reasonably priced - I got a Corona, hot dog and chips for $12 which was surprisingly reasonable. Of course, the greens fees and cart or caddy are not exactly cheap.

Shot an 86 and nobody in the foursome had ever played the course before so there were a lot of guesses. I am heading back out on Friday. I'll post some pics and more info in the courses section afterward and edit this with a link for those that are interested.

Posted a thread in the course section.

Teaser photo
attachment.php

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Point-(Trump)-Bronx-NY&p=3942407#post3942407

Back