#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Guys we need to sort out who is riding or walking on wednesday and saturday. We can handle that in text if it's easier but i'd like this set before everyone arrives.

I'll walk, unless I'm going to be the only one.

I'll also add this info to the first post as we get input from folks.

You could do it in flip flops.
I am walking, unless I am the only one. As long as the cart riders are willing to carry some spare golfballs. I hear it is a tough course.

Cheaper cost if walking? Or the same? I'm interested in walking if someone has a pull cart I can borrow (alez), or if they have them for rent at the course.

I have a mini staffer but can walk and use my stand bag. Whats the consesus from everyone. I would think it would easier for us to all ride?

I'll ride in the cart with Alex :) I don't mind walking, but I get to talk more if I ride. I'm in good shape, but I think walking any of the 4 rounds I'll be playing in 4 days would take a toll.

On Saturday I'm definitely riding. If I'm playing 36, you better believe I'm riding. So says the Phys Ed teacher, hahaha.

For those asking about rates:

http://www.torreypinesgolfcourse.com/contact.htm

$40 for a riding cart ($20 each golfer)
$10 for a push cart

Well to those in my AM group at the North Course and PM group at the South Course, I want to ride both rounds. Let me know who else is riding. For what it's worth, I've walked all but 3 rounds this summer but don't want to be so tired that I get frustrated and don't enjoy the course as much.

Honestly, I'm good either way. I'm in good shape and I rather enjoy walking, but if the consensus is mostly riding I don't want to be that guy, plus THP Event cart conversations can be a blast. Cost wise it isn't a big deal, only a $20 difference (I'm not carrying for 36 holes, eff that haha).

I'm happy to walk or ride with you guys in the group I'm joining on the North in the a.m. What time are you guys planning on getting there? I should probably exchange phone #s or something with one of you so I can find you guys Saturday morning.

I'm happy to walk or ride with you guys in the group I'm joining on the North in the a.m. What time are you guys planning on getting there? I should probably exchange phone #s or something with one of you so I can find you guys Saturday morning.

Early, if it's up to me. Preferably around 6:30.

Well I'll be there around 6:45ish. I'll be the one in the straw hat looking like he would be drinking a margarita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most of us would say you get to chat it up more when riding and for me that is the main goal, play a great course and have fun. Lets all plan on riding. Any objections can be placed in the dusty box by the door (the box never gets checked) :alien:

Wednesday afternoon I wouldn't mind walking if everyone else is good with that. Riding is fine to though.
I know I'm in for North course Saturday morning, walking or riding is ok. Did we get more than me for the Saturday afternoon round? If just me I'll beg off. If I'm playing Saturday afternoon than I'll for sure be riding that round.

Wednesday afternoon I wouldn't mind walking if everyone else is good with that. Riding is fine to though.
I know I'm in for North course Saturday morning, walking or riding is ok. Did we get more than me for the Saturday afternoon round? If just me I'll beg off. If I'm playing Saturday afternoon than I'll for sure be riding that round.

I think you and Dave can walk Wednesday and Alex and I can ride. Then I think we all can ride Saturday, but yall are welcome to walk then too.

All packed and ready to head West tomorrow! Can't wait to get this started!

Just curious - do we have to decide ahead of time if we're walking or riding to reserve a cart or something?

As to Saturday, if anyone else is game for walking, I am too, otherwise I'm fine riding if that's the consensus.

Starting to pack now!! Can't freaking wait!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I honew just don't want to use my stand bag becasue it has broken zippers and doesn't stand that well. The idea of carrying a cart bag for 18 is not appealing to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Ha that's partly my lack of interest in walking :) I already have my cart bag loaded up!

I honew just don't want to use my stand bag becasue it has broken zippers and doesn't stand that well. The idea of carrying a cart bag for 18 is not appealing to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Push cart! :D

Just curious - do we have to decide ahead of time if we're walking or riding to reserve a cart or something?

As to Saturday, if anyone else is game for walking, I am too, otherwise I'm fine riding if that's the consensus.

Starting to pack now!! Can't freaking wait!

No not at all. You can decide the morning of if you want to walk or ride but I just wanted to make sure we have an even number of people riding each foursome so that one particular person isn't stuck paying for a whole cart while another person pays the same. They could split a cart instead of full $40 charge each. Also if there's a full group that walking and another group riding in carts then we can do that too. Just want to make sure no one is singled out either walking alone or riding alone. All about including everyone

No not at all. You can decide the morning of if you want to walk or ride but I just wanted to make sure we have an even number of people riding each foursome so that one particular person isn't stuck paying for a whole cart while another person pays the same. They could split a cart instead of full $40 charge each. Also if there's a full group that walking and another group riding in carts then we can do that too. Just want to make sure no one is singled out either walking alone or riding alone. All about including everyone

Gotcha, makes sense to me!

Safe travels to everyone. Looking forward to following along during your trip. Post as often as you feel the need too.

Don seems like a real down to Earth dude. He likes to talk some 'ish which I like and is always welcome.

For those who haven't met JB and Morgan (GolferGal) get ready. Two of the nicest and selfless people you will ever met (who thanked me thanks for coming to #TheKing) Say hi and give them a hug from me.

I'm NOT in shape and I will be walking on Saturday. There are two hills, one back up to the Par 5 6th and another coming up the Par 5 13th.

See you all soon.

Back