Wedges to compliment Nike Vapor Pro Combo irons...

Moleman.

Reaction score
Handicap
Just ordered myself a set of Nike Vapor Pro Combo irons, unfortunately for some reason we cannot order the A wedge over here in the UK and so I'm on the lookout for a 50degree wedge, I will probably at some stage include a 54 and 58 as I a little OCD about matching wedges! :D

Appreciate some advice where I should be looking.. I will use the 50deg for full shots and I tend to be a digger..

ta..

Last edited:
Vokey SM5 F grind. I'm a digger and have the 48° F and it is an amazing club. Just the right amount of bounce, the feel is awesome and I can still hit half and 3/4 shots when necessary with ease. Highly recommended for a digger.

What about the cavity back Cleveland RTX's? They should provide extra forgiveness on full shots.

What about the cavity back Cleveland RTX's? They should provide extra forgiveness on full shots.

To add to what T4K has put - I have RTX 2.0 wedges, with the 48 deg in a CB (2 dot standard bounce) which I use for full shots and have no problems at all with it, so if you can find somewhere with these in all 3 bounce options then they are worth a try

These, or another option is the Mizuno JPX series wedge. Also cavity back, with a lighter and higher launching shaft (Dynalite Gold XP) than your typical Dynamic Gold wedge flex, both of which should help with full shots.

thanks for the replies so far..

I was looking on ebay for the RTX wedges and there is a seller 30mins from me selling a 50/54/58 set in the 588 RTX blade DG shafts and another seller, also 30mins away selling the 50/54/60 set in the 588 RTX 2.0 CB KBS Tour shafts, each set would cost me £100..

Wonder which one i should go for...

just bought the nike VR2 Pro in 58 with 6* of bounce IIRC they make a 50 and probably a 48. not sure if they're available to you but looks like a great wedge.

thanks for the replies so far..

I was looking on ebay for the RTX wedges and there is a seller 30mins from me selling a 50/54/58 set in the 588 RTX blade DG shafts and another seller, also 30mins away selling the 50/54/60 set in the 588 RTX 2.0 CB KBS Tour shafts, each set would cost me £100..

Wonder which one i should go for...

2.0's. Phenomenal wedges. Truly.

If your a Nike fan check out the engage wedges. I have the 54 and 60 and have no complaints about either.

Just tested out my new nik vr pro. Was stopping RANGE balls in a few feet. Something to the X grooves on it.

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

This. If you can get them for that price that is a steal

Too good to be true, checked the auction again and I was mistaken, wedges are just the RTX Rotax version, not the 2.0...

Still worth looking at?

Too good to be true, checked the auction again and I was mistaken, wedges are just the RTX Rotax version, not the 2.0...

Still worth looking at?

Still excellent wedges.

Still worth looking at?

Still excellent wedges.

I've got the RTX in 48, and the 52 and 56 in the 2.0. They are, hands down, my favorite clubs in my bag.

I recently moved to nike Engage wedges to match my Nike VPC, they're great wedges. Using a 54 square and a 58 toe sweep.

I recently moved to nike Engage wedges to match my Nike VPC, they're great wedges. Using a 54 square and a 58 toe sweep.

Do you have the VPC A Wedge? I would love this option but for some weird reason it's not available this side of the pond. :banghead:

Last edited:
I like my Vokey a little better, no I can't explain it, than the Clevelands I wanted to like so bad.

Just agreed with the guy on eBay to collect the set of Cleveland RTX Rotex Face wedges 50/54/58 for £80.... Can't really go wrong, can I?!

Why not the Nike Engage 52, 56, and 60 to go with your set. You PW is 47 degrees so you might want them bent +1 degree.

The Engage wedges are about my favorite out right now, I'd try those.

RTX 2.0 wedges I believe would be good compliments to any set. I have the 50* bent to 49* in the CB version and the 54* and 58* in the blade version. My first non-forged wedges ever and I have absolutely no regrets.

Back