VegasMav

Cigar Posse Member
Reaction score
Handicap
Cigars
Ordered a nice fitted golf hat and I checked the tracking number. It show it was delivered to my front door today. I got home and looked all over, no package. Only thing I found was an open house flyer taped to my door. Needless to say, whoever went around delivering flyers now has a nice golf hat. It was stolen from my front door...

A neighbor said he saw someone coming around (mind you we live in a cul-de-sac) and knocked on his door then left the flyer. He then saw the same person at my house with the package.

I have called and left a message with the realtor to find out who they had delivering those flyers and to let them know my neighbor saw them take my package but thought it was me.

Ugh! I hate the feeling of being violated.

Needed to vent.

Last edited:
Dang. Hope this gets resolved

Ah man, that sucks. Sorry buddy!

Wow.
That sucks!

Brutal. What can ya do?

There's nothing I can do. When and if I get a call back from the realtor, I'll let them know what happened. I'm sure the guy will deny it but the neighbor saw him. I've received tons of packages left at the door. You really can't see if there is a package at the door from the street. There is a little cubby area where packages can be left, so unless you're at the door, you'd never see a package.

Maybe the realtor will be motivated enough not to be known in the neighborhood as the guy that hires thieves that he will replace the hat, regardless of what his guy says.

Wow that's crappy

Maybe the realtor will be motivated enough not to be known in the neighborhood as the guy that hires thieves that he will replace the hat, regardless of what his guy says.
I was thinking the same thing.

I hate Frickin thieves. The entitlement mentality and lack of a conscious is unbelievable to me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That sux. Can't stand people who thinks its ok to take other people's stuff. Hope you get it resolved

That sucks man. Hope the realtor will do right by you.

Sorry, man. That sucks. I would follow up with the realtor and his/her company until you hear back. If worse comes to worse, you could always contact the police.

Sorry to hear this buddy. I guess one of the best things about having a wife that doesn't work is that packages get retrieved off the porch right away so I don't have to worry about it. I agree with following up with the realtor and contacting the police if you don't get satisfaction.

There are fewer worse feelings than having something stolen from you.

That stinks, but hopefully the realtor will do something to make it right.

Living in an apartment complex, this has been one of my biggest fears.. Sorry this happened.

Sucks...hope you get a positive resolution

That sucks..I hope the realtor gets it straightened out for you.

That really sucks... Hopefully it gets returned or the realtor helps out..

**UPDATE**
I'm happy to report that I have received my package. It was delivered to the wrong house (next door). I decided to check both neighbors homes this morning because they both enter their home through their garages and would not have seen a package. I told my neighbor who said he saw someone with the package, but now he says it was the neighbors' home he saw. Anyway, I have my golf hat and all is good in the 'hood. I hate when this happens and I feel bad I was quick to accuse someone without really checking. First time this has happened in the three years I've lived here.

Thanks to all for your comments.

I am late so I had to edit. Glad you got your hat and everything is good.

That happened to me at my old apartment complex. Except it was a pair of clearance softball cleats. I ordered directly from Nike and UPS left the package at my front door. No problem they have done it many times, so much that I always electronically sign for my packages.

I get home and it's gone, I know it was somebody in my complex, 2 days later it's on my door step opened. The outer box said Nike so maybe they thought it was something valuable. Hopefully they see it's just a golf hat and return it.

Glad to hear it was all sorted out!

Back