Small bucket or large?

Just small for me. Quality over quantity here, and I tend to get tired quite quickly.

Before a round, small. If I'm heading to the range to get some swings in, large.

Pre-round - around 40-50 balls - 1 or 2 small depending on size (I think course buckets tend to run small)

At a range, I buy large (105) or, at one range they have a family (180).

Generally, I will do 2 or 3 large or 1 family and a large. I'll hit 200-300 balls at a range visit.

I'm a large bucket (110 balls) guy. Usually I have done what I need to at about ball 80 so I end up giving a kid or a beginner my last 20-30 balls.

Typically two larges, though I've been known to hit 3 (~390 balls).

Range time is like meditation for me. I just enjoy getting out and swinging the club. Generally by the time I finish the first bucket I'm having too much fun not to hit a second.

I'd hit a lot fewer if our range had a short game area, but sadly, it doesn't.

When I'm practicing I start with a large and go from there. Some days don't need the whole thing, others I can go for 2 or 3 if I'm working something out. After 3 I'm pretty much worn out so no good can come of it.

Small for me as I hit ten balls just as warm up and then decide on something I may want to work on that day and do that for the rest of the bucket. Then it is off to chipping and putting where I get the biggest bang for the buck in relation to my game and my scores. This type of practice took me (once upon a time) from a 12 to and 8 handicap in no time...so it works for me!

Large
1. cause its a better value at my range
2. I work on the longer clubs/shots i need to work on then transition into my short game/pitching as i get tired.

Usually, i go with the small bag of golf balls and try to focus on a few things... If i get through the whole bucket and i'm still not where i want to be, i buy another small bucket. If i go large, i tend to just rush through and dont get a lot of quality hits.

Before a round usually just 25 balls. When I'm working on a change it's common for me to hit 300 balls a three days a week.

I usually hit a small if it's before a tournament round, don't want to wear myself out... moved away from hitting large buckets because I was hitting to many wedges which was hard on my tendons

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Here's my large bucket...

4b0435ec97c881571f68be483827bbbe.jpg

I approve of that large bucket sir

Small - medium depending on how many balls. I try to keep it to 50 or less.

One of the ranges near me has an "unlimited" option for $12 bucks. When I got my new irons I went their and hit 2 large buckets. I like to work on a lot of chipping and then will try to hit almost all of my clubs, but focus on the ones that I really need to focus on. I need to try and find some good drills to help make it more purposeful but sometimes its good to get out their and put a lot of time into my game.

I also wish my local ranges had better short game area's. I would be all over those.

I hit 90% of a den caddy full at the range today. Probably hit half with my 58* and the rest working through the bag. Then I took about 25 over to the practice green for some chipping. I love being the first on the range and starting with a full bag.

Perks of working there lol.

In college, we had the range token machine. I would just walk in every time I was there and ask for two. Maybe I used them then, maybe I didn't. Hitting off of mats wasn't recommended but unlimited'ish balls, I could deal with the side effects for the practice.

Usually large but I'm getting bored with just beating.balls at the range. Going to spend a ton more time working short game.

Usually large but I'm getting bored with just beating.balls at the range. Going to spend a ton more time working short game.

Gotta come up with a practice routine my man. Focus on doing something with ever single swing. Whether it be a high draw or fade or punch shot or whatever it may be. Try to put it in your mind to have a specific goal with every single swing. Or envision holes you know very well and actually play them on the range in your mind.

Small for me,hitting too many balls gets me away from my focus and just hitting randomly

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Gotta come up with a practice routine my man. Focus on doing something with ever single swing. Whether it be a high draw or fade or punch shot or whatever it may be. Try to put it in your mind to have a specific goal with every single swing. Or envision holes you know very well and actually play them on the range in your mind.
One thing I have been doing which I like is taking a club and hitting 2-3 shots at each target within it's range and then a couple trying to stretch to the next target beyond its range.

Mostly I get tired of mats, and even though I could hit grass I often have one of the kids with me and they would tear the grass up too much at this point.

I've been going with medium buckets this year (80 balls) but my frustration threshold seems to be getting lower and lower, so I'll be going with small buckets (40 balls) in the future. Otherwise I may end up chucking an iron down range.

I have a range membership. I'll get 100. But when I'm done, I'm done. Today I was done at about 60. I'd accomplished what I wanted. Some days it takes the full 100.

I try to hit 20 PW; 20 8i; 20 6i to targets; 15 Driver; 10 hybrid; 10 FW; and the rest with my LW and SW to targets. Then putt for about 20 minutes. I'm working on making the same swing motion every time.

Neither. I pay $15 a month at my club and there are just mini golf bags full of balls on the range.

Back