Ping - What Don't You Like?

I with the few others on here. I'm a huge ping fan. My first irons I ever bought were Ping G5's, and I love their metal woods. Whoops.

...and I actually like their logo

I love Ping as well. My one gripe is that its harder for me to get my hands on their equipment to test in my area. Solid equipment all around though.

No PING hate here. At one time or another I've had every one of its clubs in my bag. From the CrazE putter to the G20 driver.

I5 Irons are some of the best I've ever owned. Was all set to buy G30 irons this spring but went with D200 mainly due to Wilson Staffs support of THP.

Love the Glide wedge I currently have.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've liked and played their irons, on and off, since the intro of the Eye2, to my present G25's and when I decide to upgrade it will be to their current "G" offering. I'm not a fan of their drivers, FW's or hybrids. Their putters are very dependable.

I've liked and played their irons, on and off, since the intro of the Eye2, to my present G25's and when I decide to upgrade it will be to their current "G" offering. I'm not a fan of their drivers, FW's or hybrids. Their putters are very dependable.
I would agree here. Love the irons, but am not a FW/Driver fan.

Ping love here. I own three sets of Ping irons, having only owned 5 iron sets total.
I like their stock grips - I have been to the Ping factory and had ALL my irons re-gripped with Ping grips, in fact. More than once.
I can see not liking Bubba, or their woods lines not being for everyone, but their putters are fantastic and their irons are top notch, across the board.

I haven't really investigated Ping recently but back in my playing "prime" the TiSi Tec driver, 3 wood and the i3 O-Size irons were some of my all time favorites. I could probably still game the O-Size no problem. Currently the fairway woods and hybrids look pretty sweet but I'm doing okay with what I got.

I dislike ping because they release too many drivers :alien:

The G30 woods look good, but everything else they make is just ugly.

I'll always have something from PING in my bag, right now it's one of the 3 putters of theirs I have. Today the Anser 2 Heavy is in the queue for today's round.

Personally, I like a thin soled, thin topline, forged iron without a big toe area. The closest offering to that is their Anser series,that is no longer offered, and they are way more expensive than similar offerings from other manufacturers.

Personally, I like a thin soled, thin topline, forged iron without a big toe area. The closest offering to that is their Anser series,that is no longer offered, and they are way more expensive than similar offerings from other manufacturers.
The S55s seem to meet the 75% that really matter.

What gimmicks does ping use for the G30 that is so different from others technology?

Turbulators in the G30 woods.

Now don't take this as a knock at Callaway but why is it OK for them to put them on the XR but when Ping does it it's a gimmick? I think they proved in both companies they worked didn't they?

My issues are with the irons and the look they have at address. Everything about them just turns me away. But I will say I hit th G30 fwy the other and was blown away for the easy it was to hit and elevate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like PING. Don't have any of there irons currently, but the Eye2's where one of my favorite iron sets.

For me the irons just always looked weird. I couldn't get comfortable standing over them.

Now don't take this as a knock at Callaway but why is it OK for them to put them on the XR but when Ping does it it's a gimmick? I think they proved in both companies they worked didn't they?

What model of the XR has turbulators?

The XR standard model driver has what they call a Speed Step Crown that is touted as doing the same thing as turbulators.

For me the only thing I've disliked from Ping has been the G series drivers, just never have got along with them (or any other stretched driver). Now the i25, that is one of my favorite all time drivers. One day I'll pick up a lightly used one to have a bomber backup, love that club!

The XR driver has the "speed step" crown which is the same thing as turbulators and is designed to reduce drag across the club head. It's just a different variation of the same thing.

The XR driver has the "speed step" crown which is the same thing as turbulators and is designed to reduce drag across the club head. It's just a different variation of the same thing.

Both are marketed the same way just visually different. I don't know if Callways tech works or not but in my observation of PINGs, it's a gimmick IMHO.

Ping Stock Grips

I'm not a fan of the gimmick tech they have on the G30 drivers and fairways, amount of offset on the G and I series irons and I don't like the satin finish look of their irons.

Can you elaborate on this? Several guys I've talked to thought the G30 provided the most consistency and lowest spin off the tee.

Can you elaborate on this? Several guys I've talked to thought the G30 provided the most consistency and lowest spin off the tee.

The turbulators gimmick I am referring to has to do with the CHS gains PING claimed. Nothing that directly effects spin rate or consistency. The G30 is one of the most forgiving drivers on the market based on what I have seem to which should translate to consistent drives. The G30LS tech is aimed to lower spin and from my limited experience with it I would agree wholeheartedly with PING on that claim compared to the standard G30.

Been playing G20s for 2 years.. No flash but solid strikes.

Back