Nevada/Las Vegas guys, need some help with where to play.

LordByron

Reaction score
Handicap
I have researched this quite a bit and the Vegas Golf Courses thread is really helpful but I am looking for some more recent info and don't see a real active thread to go to. (if there is one please point me in that direction)

I might be coming out for a couple of days in November and am looking for two courses. One under $200 and one under $100, we are also considering trying to book a hot deal for one of the two days.

Wolf Creek is a possibility but looking for some local knowledge on current conditions ect.

Any help anyone could provide would be great!

We will likely have room for at least one joiner if any of you THP'ers are interested!!!

Thanks!

If Wolf Creek is out, Pauite Wolf Course is awesome

If Wolf Creek is out, Pauite Wolf Course is awesome

I found some info from a few years ago that said you could play all three at Pauite for one price. I don't see anything on the website, but might call to see if that is an option.

Wolf does look good 411! Thanks!

Wolf Creek.

It is incredible and well worth the drive and the price.

TPC Vegas was awesome!

I played Wolf Creek and it's awesome, Conestoga is 1A to Wolf Creek, it's also located in Mesquite. Depends on where you're staying. If near the strip, TPC Las Vegas is the $200 and under course. Chimera GC in Henderson is a under $100 course worth the trip. Closer to the strip is Las Vegas National, off Desert Inn Road. It's where the Rat Pack played. Reflection Bay in Lake Las Vegas is a beautiful course.

There really are too many to list.
Check out this link.http://www.lasvegasgolf.com/courses/

Call the courses that you are interested in playing, find out their overseed times. Courses close for about 2-3 weeks for overseed, then will be cart path only for a few weeks, post overseed.
Just a FYI.

I haven't played it yet (I'll be in vegas this weekend) but I've heard nothing but good things about Coyote Springs.

I played Wolf Creek and it's awesome, Conestoga is 1A to Wolf Creek, it's also located in Mesquite. Depends on where you're staying. If near the strip, TPC Las Vegas is the $200 and under course. Chimera GC in Henderson is a under $100 course worth the trip. Closer to the strip is Las Vegas National, off Desert Inn Road. It's where the Rat Pack played. Reflection Bay in Lake Las Vegas is a beautiful course.

There really are too many to list.
Check out this link.http://www.lasvegasgolf.com/courses/
Conestoga is on the radar, I will check out the others as well! thanks

Call the courses that you are interested in playing, find out their overseed times. Courses close for about 2-3 weeks for overseed, then will be cart path only for a few weeks, post overseed.
Just a FYI.
Great advise!
I haven't played it yet (I'll be in vegas this weekend) but I've heard nothing but good things about Coyote Springs.

I have heard great things as well!!!

Whatever you do, stay the hell away from Bali Hai.

Tpc las Vegas will be awesome. Paiute resort (all three courses) are fun. Be prepared for some windy golf

I've played a few on vacation. I know it's beyond the budget, but if you wanted to combine your budget for both rounds and just play one I loved Cascata. Cascata is the top of my list of most impressive courses I've ever played. I was going to play Wolf Creek too, but wasn't able to because it was closed the last time I was out. I'm hoping to get to go to Vegas the first week of December, and Wolf Creek is top on my list of the next courses I'll play.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?55421-Cascata-Golf-Course-Review

Whatever you do, stay the hell away from Bali Hai.

Agree with this.

It's kind of cool seeing the strip in the background. But, the layout is very forced, and cramped, and a lot of holes look alike.

Also pricey.

TPC Vegas is great. Paiute gets my vote also. Can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpc las Vegas will be awesome. Paiute resort (all three courses) are fun. Be prepared for some windy golf

I played TPC Las Vegas this past Spring. Thought it was nice. Greens were impossible to read. You really need experience there (or a caddy, which I don't think they do anymore) to putt well.

There's a Nicklaus design at Lake Las Vegas (about 40min from the strip) that I really enjoyed. Cannot think of the name, but I'll post it when I get home and see the yardage book. I really, really liked that course -- which is an amazing statement because I usually despise Nicklaus designs.

Just a FYI.

Most courses are starting next week with overseeding. He mentioned he is coming in November when overseeding will be done.

And YES, stay away from Bali Hai.

There's a Nicklaus design at Lake Las Vegas (about 40min from the strip) that I really enjoyed. Cannot think of the name, but I'll post it when I get home and see the yardage book. I really, really liked that course -- which is an amazing statement because I usually despise Nicklaus designs.

Reflection Bay.

Not a LV local, but we are scheduled to play Desert Pines while we are out there in October. They offer an all-inclusive option with food and non-alcoholic drinks. It seems like a pretty good deal.

Most courses are starting next week with overseeding. He mentioned he is coming in November when overseeding will be done.

And YES, stay away from Bali Hai.

When I was there in Oct last year, Paiute had just finished one course, closed one course. Nov should be good but nothing wrong w checking about cpo.

Wolfcreek is overseeding starting September 7th, I know this because I make it by 2 days.

I played TPC Las Vegas this past Spring. Thought it was nice. Greens were impossible to read. You really need experience there (or a caddy, which I don't think they do anymore) to putt well.
As a general rule everything breaks toward the strip.

Back