Question about wife's clubs

robmypro

Reaction score
So i bought my wife Taylormade RBZ SLs and she really likes them. The set came with two hybrids (4 and 5) and irons 7, 8, 9, plus AW and PW. I also bought her a driver from TM. She was really struggling with too many clubs, so we simplified her bad. Right now she hits 3 clubs. Off the tee, use the driver. On the fairway use the 5h until you get close. Then use the AW. This has really helped her, but i am not sure what to use in the sand, or if she should be using the AW for chipping as well. I guess i am a bit confused about the AW.

I pretty much use my SW exclusively from 100 yards in, so i would like to get her on that program, if possible. Do i just look for a SW for her, or can the AW work?

So i bought my wife Taylormade RBZ SLs and she really likes them. The set came with two hybrids (4 and 5) and irons 7, 8, 9, plus AW and PW. I also bought her a driver from TM. She was really struggling with too many clubs, so we simplified her bad. Right now she hits 3 clubs. Off the tee, use the driver. On the fairway use the 5h until you get close. Then use the AW. This has really helped her, but i am not sure what to use in the sand, or if she should be using the AW for chipping as well. I guess i am a bit confused about the AW.

I pretty much use my SW exclusively from 100 yards in, so i would like to get her on that program, if possible. Do i just look for a SW for her, or can the AW work?

My wife uses her 50* (AW) out of the sand. It's all about technique. I don't see a problem with using it out of the sand.
My true suggestion would be to sign her up for a few lessons to get her comfortable with the irons.

Thanks! Yeah, she has had one lesson and is getting more. Good advice.

The best club I got my wife for around the green was a Niblick, takes a lot of the guess work out of chipping.

Get her a Cleveland Smart Sole S for the sand and a Smart Sole C for chipping they make them in ladies with a graphite shaft, my wife has been playing about a year now and was strugling around the green since getting those clubs her handicap has come down from 45 to 34

Get her a Cleveland Smart Sole S for the sand and a Smart Sole C for chipping they make them in ladies with a graphite shaft, my wife has been playing about a year now and was strugling around the green since getting those clubs her handicap has come down from 45 to 34

This is really good advice.

I bought my wife a 14 club set of Callaway Solaire clubs and she is more less carrying around 8 or 9 clubs most of the time. This works better for her as well. I plan to buy her a new set for Xmas this year, but I'll just do the 9 club set this time around.

Back