Lamkin Crossline Grip Change?

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone notice that the once great Lamkin Crossline just doesn't feel the same? I have a grippier Crossline that's 10 years old than a new one that's on my wedge. The new ones just feel slicker. My club guy agrees with me as well. Has anyone else noticed this?

New ones are made from Lamkin's 3GEN material. Its a much tackier material.

Moved to grips section.

New ones are made from Lamkin's 3GEN material. Its a much tackier material.

I'm not talking about the grey and red diff color ones, I'm talking about the Black and White originals. They feel less tacky. And the 3gen always felt great to me for a week or 2 then slick even after cleaning

I'm not talking about the grey and red diff color ones, I'm talking about the Black and White originals. They feel less tacky. And the 3gen always felt great to me for a week or 2 then slick even after cleaning
I'm not talking about the colored ones either. Ive had black and white crosslines that are 3Gen, stamped on the end cap

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm not talking about the colored ones either. Ive had black and white crosslines that are 3Gen, stamped on the end cap

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hmm. I'll have to snap a pic of my wedge grip when I get home tomm. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say 3gen. I think it just says "Lamkin Crossline Jumbo" or oversize. Maybe I bought some be4 they went 3gen. U liked the 3gen ones more or less then the older ones?

I think the original hasn't changed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Crossline ACE are the ones that are harder and stickier at first, and then become horrible. I still use the standard Crossline black/white, or REL 3gen. I think those feel similar.

I sure hope nothing changed, I love me some original Crosslines!

I will say that when I had a shaft issue and sent my 5i to Callaway to be reshafted, they sent it back with an all black Crossline and it does not have the same roughness that the others do.

They have definitely changed. My club guy noticed it after putting several dozen on clubs. They are slick, something is wrong

Ok just talked to Lamkin because this had me curious. The grips made for club manufactures (ie Callaway was who I asked about) is made from more of the 3gen material than the standard crosslines. Hence they are softer and slicker.

Ok just talked to Lamkin because this had me curious. The grips made for club manufactures (ie Callaway was who I asked about) is made from more of the 3gen material than the standard crosslines. Hence they are softer and slicker.

Thanks for looking into that! Hmm I wonder why the one I bought from Dicks feels so much slicker, and y my club guy noticed a huge difference.

The Crossline ACE are the ones that are harder and stickier at first, and then become horrible. I still use the standard Crossline black/white, or REL 3gen. I think those feel similar.

Well this is not what I wanted to hear. I have ordinal cross lines on all my clubs and then just did my wedges tonight in...cross line ace gen 3

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Switched to them this summer and was hoping for the similar performance but better durability than my old grips. Have not been impressed. Going back to the Winn Dri-tac next season even though they wear quickly.

Switched to them this summer and was hoping for the similar performance but better durability than my old grips. Have not been impressed. Going back to the Winn Dri-tac next season even though they wear quickly.

Yes, but the Dri Tac feel so gooood, like comfort food for your hands.

Well this is not what I wanted to hear. I have ordinal cross lines on all my clubs and then just did my wedges tonight in...cross line ace gen 3

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been thrilled with them either

Yes, but the Dri Tac feel so gooood, like comfort food for your hands.
Comfort food that, by proportion, is about 1/4 of a serving. It's a give and take and I'd take Lamkin and #Legacy over any grip company.

Back