The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

I went with the S grind for varying conditions, although I could have gone with the C grind.

Did anyone else look at the weather forecast? Looks like 62 Saturday and 70 on Sunday. I was all prepared to just pack shorts since it is in the mid 90s over here in California, but looks like I might have to bring pants and a sweater!

You warm weather people are a funny bunch

I looked at the weather again today and thought the same thing. Maybe long sleeves on the front nine, but shorts all the way!

Can't wait to see how many pieces of deep dish pizza people try to take down. Especially those who haven't eaten it before. I think there was a few.

Deep dish noob here and looking forward to it! I even asked Morgan if it was on the menu or if I should track some down for lunch on Friday.

Haha man long sleeves is an afterthought for me. We wear shorts and t shirts till October lol

Excited to see everybody on Friday. Got our food order all set for Friday night and we can guarantee you one thing...You wont leave hungry or thirsty.

Never do when it's a THP meal!

Excited to see everybody on Friday. Got our food order all set for Friday night and we can guarantee you one thing...You wont leave hungry or thirsty.

So you're saying I should suspend my diet for the weekend?

Looking forward to seeing you and Morgan again JB - been too long.

Can't wait to see how many pieces of deep dish pizza people try to take down. Especially those who haven't eaten it before. I think there was a few.

I'll be impressed with 3.

Had a couple of rough holes today, and some very good ones. Putting was really good. I'm ready to run the Gauntlet!!

Leftover deep dish makes a great breakfast haha.

Cannot wait to follow along in the live thread! Everyone have a blast and make some good shots!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This close to the event, I would maybe have a range session, at most 9 holes. The way some of you guys have been pushing every day, and working hard on your games, I would be trying to get in a bit of rest before the Gauntlet kicks off!

Some range time and a quick 9 after work today to work on some final things and make some final bag composition choices. As ready as I'm gonna be. Let's get it on!!!

Man I can't believe how close this is!! Friday morning is going to come quick! I'll also be in town well before dinner so I might just head right to Cog Hill to see is I can hit the range with the fellas who are getting in early. I can't tell you how excited I am for Top Golf on Saturday night as well. Top Golf with a bunch of THPers and the ZooCrew? It'll be an absolute riot!

Man I can't believe how close this is!! Friday morning is going to come quick! I'll also be in town well before dinner so I might just head right to Cog Hill to see is I can hit the range with the fellas who are getting in early. I can't tell you how excited I am for Top Golf on Saturday night as well. Top Golf with a bunch of THPers and the ZooCrew? It'll be an absolute riot!

It is so close! Sorry boys I wasn't more active tonight. Put new breaks on the car! :( Friday night deep dish and drinks with our teams! Pairings announced! I absolutely cannot wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a question I'm curious to see for everyone. I know it's been talked about in the past but it'll be cool to see how it's applied here. We all obviously know there's a once in a life time opportunity on the line for one person, however I present you with this question.

Would you rather play well and win #TheGauntlet or would you rather be the only one on your team to play well, lose #TheGauntlet but get the MVP spot in the #TheGrandaddy?

For me there's just something about the team atmosphere that is like nothing else. I'd rather play well and win the event I'm in than focus on something that might happen. I know it's amazing chance however I truly believe if people focus on only that they might put too much pressure on themselves and not play to what they're capable of. Quicksand is a horrible thing on the golf course and when someone starts pressing it only spells disaster. I like to focus on helping my team win. I'm in this event to play hard and play well and hopefully help my teammates and AJ bring home the trophy. If I happen to play well enough to earn the MVP spot after the event fantastic! But my mind going in is on helping my team win not trying to win the MVP spot.

I'll just say this, Jimmy...

I'm only focused on The Gauntlet right now and helping my team win. I know that if I play my game, I will give us a good chance to win and should give myself a decent shot at the MVP when all is said and done.

Now...if I were to play very well, while another team plays better and beats us as a team, yet I still end up with the MVP?...it certainly will still end up a pretty good weekend. Only a select very lucky few will ever get to experience the grandaddy of 'em all, and I'd be lying if I said that wouldn't make my year. Plus I would have just ran the gauntlet with a bunch of awesome THPers and some of the awesome #Zoocrew, so it would have been a pretty good weekend anyway.

Even if my team doesn't win, and I don't sniff the MVP slot, I'm still going to make sure I had a hell of a weekend and come out first in fun. This weekend is going to be an absolute blast, and I don't think anyone in it will have a bad weekend.

I have no doubt that you will find a range as soon as you get there!!!!!!

Here's a question I'm curious to see for everyone. I know it's been talked about in the past but it'll be cool to see how it's applied here. We all obviously know there's a once in a life time opportunity on the line for one person, however I present you with this question.

Would you rather play well and win #TheGauntlet or would you rather be the only one on your team to play well, lose #TheGauntlet but get the MVP spot in the #TheGrandaddy?

For me there's just something about the team atmosphere that is like nothing else. I'd rather play well and win the event I'm in than focus on something that might happen. I know it's amazing chance however I truly believe if people focus on only that they might put too much pressure on themselves and not play to what they're capable of. Quicksand is a horrible thing on the golf course and when someone starts pressing it only spells disaster. I like to focus on helping my team win. I'm in this event to play hard and play well and hopefully help my teammates and AJ bring home the trophy. If I happen to play well enough to earn the MVP spot after the event fantastic! But my mind going in is on helping my team win not trying to win the MVP spot.

I'm just assuming that I won't be MVP. Yes I might but I'm gonna assume that I won't. Will have more fun that way without the added stress of having to "perform" to an unknown standard to try and win the MvP. If it happens sweet! But better to assume it's not and just concentrate on enjoying the Gauntlet for its own sake.

I'll say it. Give me the MVP.

That is definitely not a slight on my teammates, or the Gauntlet, and hope it's not taken like that. I'm all in with my team. They're awesome dudes, and so is everyone else in this shindig. This weekend is going to be effing incredible. Cannot freaking wait. But you're talking about the effing Grandaddy of em all! Where I'd get to join another team and represent all of THP against the Zoocrew. It includes gear, ridiculous course, all expenses paid, and well, you know all of that :D The guys that have gotten to experience that, and that will in the future, get to be part of something unheard of.

With all that said. I like our odds to take home the Gauntlet win, and myself to take home the MVP :D

For me, winning the Gauntlet would be the only thought. You owe that to your captain and your teammates.

If MVP happens, awesome. But I feel fixating on that is overlooking the main goal of helping your team win.

To the 18 of you, the only people who won't win MVP are those who didn't make it in. Play hard, support your team, and most importantly have fun. Thats how you will win #MVP, and hopefully bring your team victory as well!

Best of luck everyone!

All I can say from my own experience last year is this...

Relish the moment. Take time to enjoy those around you. Have fun and be real. Don't put a ton of pressure on yourself. Swing your swing and have fun. Most important, cherish the opportunity you've been given.

Last year I put so much pressure on myself. I worked my butt off but my swing flaws took hold and I couldn't correct it. The time flew by and I didn't truly live in the moment. I missed awesome opportunities and regretted it for months after.

So have fun and just take it all in! The chips will fall how they fall. Just trust you did your best!

Do I want the MVP? Hell yes, but I'll say this: I've been the MVP on a losing team before and while it was cool to have your good play acknowledged, I really wish I would've earned that HOF tag and worn the crown at #TheKing with my #TeamChad teammates, instead. There aren't many THP Major events and to be known as a Major winner is a big deal.

I would love to win MVP, but my plan is to play as well as I can while enjoying every second of this awesome event. I want to win badly, but can't let that get in the way of what is a truly unique experience.

If I play well, and we win, well that can't hurt my chances for MVP, but that is not even in the back of my mind.

Winning takes care of everything. I'd rather win the event and let the chips fall where they may, and know that at the end of the day that if my team wins, two other great guys have got an excellent shot at joining Team Redemption at The Hideaway.

Wishing you all safe travels and a wonderful event! Everyone of you will have MVP in the back of your mind, and how could you not! Playing with the fantastic Callaway folks in itself is amazing so soak every moment in. Real life (work) is going to prevent me from being very active in the live thread but I'll poke my head in from time to time when I can grab a moment. Have a blast!

Back