who rocks a 5Hybrid in their bag?!?

I'm now tour pro or very good for that matter but I carry a 2 iron and actually hit it quite well most of the time.

i think dustin johnson uses or used a 2 iron at one point or still does (think he did at us open) and i think a few more do also not for sure who though.

I'm now tour pro or very good for that matter but I carry a 2 iron and actually hit it quite well most of the time.

missing the point of the thread guys. Trying to convince taylormade that there is nothing wrong with taking out your long irons for a hybrid. Dustin Johnson would probably create way too much spin with a hybrid for it to be feasible.

I love my 5 hybrid, along with my 2, 3, and 4.

missing the point of the thread guys. Trying to convince taylormade that there is nothing wrong with taking out your long irons for a hybrid. Dustin Johnson would probably create way too much spin with a hybrid for it to be feasible.

i was just simply pointing out that pros still use a 2 iron. i know what the point of the thread is. and yes for mid to high handicappers and even low handicappers nothing wrong with having a 5 hybrid, just answering your previous statement that people on the tour still use a 2 iron as you said "Put it this way. If a tour pro still rocked a 2 iron, everyone would be looking at him like he's crazy. I don't know anyone who hasn't switched out their 3iron for a hybrid atleast." thats all i was saying, it wasnt anything towards taylormade just pointing out they still use a 2 iron. but its cool no worries.

i was just simply pointing out that pros still use a 2 iron. i know what the point of the thread is. and yes for mid to high handicappers and even low handicappers nothing wrong with having a 5 hybrid, just answering your previous statement that people on the tour still use a 2 iron as you said "Put it this way. If a tour pro still rocked a 2 iron, everyone would be looking at him like he's crazy. I don't know anyone who hasn't switched out their 3iron for a hybrid atleast." thats all i was saying, it wasnt anything towards taylormade just pointing out they still use a 2 iron. but its cool no worries.

I hate you bridges.......

haha LOL. my last comment did come off a little b@tchier then I wanted

Been using a 3 and 4 for a while. Been struggling somewhat with my middle irons (5 and 6), and I found a 5H (Nickent Genex 3DX 26 degree) brand new from Dallas Golf for only $26.99. Deal was too good to pass up, and it's now one of my favorite clubs.

thanks to all again... :)

I was able to take the 4 hybrid out today and did alright with it... maybe it'll be better tomorrow... we'll be going out with our PGA pro tomorrow... first time out with him... our last lesson was last winter on a dome... LoLz...

I'm sorry but the five iron in R9's TP or regular is nowhere near a hybrid.

your opinion, but I had the R9 TP's and they were super meaty

congrats TM177! and good luck with your lesson!

congrats TM177! and good luck with your lesson!
Thanks... hope the lesson will refresh things I have forgotten... LoLz... funny how you hear things you've learned before but somehow forgot... :)

I actually just went the other way recently and put back my 4i to make better gaps in my yardages but it really depends on how you hit your clubs. My buddy has upto a 5h and does pretty well with it but it's harder for him to hit the long irons.

I've been carrying a G15 27* for a couple of months now. I've had very good luck with it on the course from tees, fairways and light rough. Used to dread pulling my 5 iron, but no second thoughts with the G15. For some reason, I tend to hit it fat during range time, but not during play.

My friend carries a 9 wood around... would this be equivalent to a 5 iron in distance?

Just switched to Adams A3OS, which are dirt cheap right now on e-bay from RockBottomGolf. So I'm rockin' a 5H now as well. Still a bit of a gap between the 5H and 6I due to transition from graphite to steel shafts in the set but it's not enough to really worry about so far. My accuracy at that range is more like 'anywhere on the green or fringe is good'.

i gotta ask. whats with the z at the end of lol? just curious. :D
just some something I got used to with text and on the boards... nothing special... just cool to look at I guess... haha... LoL is too plain for me...

Back