First day with Vision Track

jnug

Reaction score
First day with the Vision Track was interesting. Although I have always thought of swing plane as a process output as opposed to a process element. Vision Track seems to make you think about swing plane as a means as opposed to an end. However if it provides a way to build up muscle memory around the right swing plane then it could really be a great tool.

It it appears to do two things really well. It forces you into the correct address posture. I suspect it does that for everybody. As far as swing plane is concerned in my case I have had a tendency to take the club back a little inside which contributes to one of the biggest swing issues I have at the moment, right elbow position. Taking the club back inside already makes it more difficult to make an inside to out downswing. Vision track surely helps you onto the right swing plane on your backswing. On the downswing, at least in my case, staying on the correct swing plane makes me very conscience of my right elbow position.

One interesting if not embarrasing note. the first full swing I took using the Vision Track was with an 8 iron. I hit the ball and upon lifting my head realized that I could not find it. I had hit it on such a high trajectory that it was still in the air. However it was not ballooned as it also turned out to be long and straight. It seemed to be an effortless swing.

The other thing I notice is how much it helps your balance. Since it puts you into the right posture at address and then keeps you on the right swing plane, you are never out of balance. Frankly since the golf club does carry some weight I don't wonder that the combination of weight and momentum or intertia can result in bad balance if you are swinging outside of the correct swing plane.

At any rate I have been narrowing down the number of swing issues and at least right now, poor right elbow position causes me more bad swings than just about anything else.

So, at least based on a very limited experience, I would say
Vision Track holds out the promise of being a great training tool at least in my case as it is aimed at the biggest swing issue I have currently.

I got one this week and used it in the backyard last night using birdie balls. I haven't used it with regular golf balls yet. I wish I had one of these when I first started out years ago. It is really simple to use. I tend to break my wrists and it lets me know when I do it. I also have a tendency to hit the ball thin at times. As soon as I started looking back at #2 instead of the ball I started hitting down on the ball so much better and the balls went much higher. This will be a great aid when I use it on the range. Maybe I will have a chance to use it in the morning before my 8 am round! I'm interested to see if it makes a difference in my ballstriking over the next few weeks.

I try to recommend this to everyone I talk to. Great tool for anyone who struggles with swing path issues. I really hope this works for everyone. We put the juniors on it right away, using the 1-2-3, 3-2-1-Blastoff routine and they love it!

Does anybody know how you set up the system for 5 iron through driver? The DVD says that the 11 degree angle that you get for setting up the system as they describe it works for wedge through 6 iron and then goes on to say that the angle can be opened for the longer clubs but does not provide the instructions for the proper set up for them. I do notice that if you removed the bolt from the last hole and moved it instead of moving the bolt from the second to last hole, you do get a wider angle. Does anybody know if that is what you are supposed to do for the longer clubs?

I took the Vision Track out again today. I still have not been able to really use it over a significant length of time. Today I took my 6, 7 and 8 irons. I am still waiting to see how Medicus responds to my questions about how to set the system up for longer irons and wood as there is no information with the system that tells you how to do that.

Just as suspected the Vision Track really shows me how much my errors are tied to lack of concentration on right elbow position. Even if I take the club back along the “alternate target line” if I do not get my right elbow into a good position I tend to cast the club. In fact I get outside the correct swing plane so far that I tag the tee that you are supposed to put in the ground outside of the red 1 indicator. I will rarely hit the swing arm under any circumstances.

As the clubs lengthen, my percentage of error goes up. I would love to take some of the really long irons out but I am not going to do that until I find out how to set the angle for those longer clubs.

What I like most about the Vision Track is that you stop doubting what you are doing. I cannot tell you the number of times that I have struggled with whether or not I am clearing my hips or doing something else wrong. As a result I end up concentrating on some part of my swing that is actually fine to begin with and end up screwing that up as well. Virtually all of my swing errors these days relate to not making an inside out swing. So for me it is all about the baseball diamond drill and anything that gets my right elbow in a good position and my hands ahead of the club head, Vision Track has already helped me confirm what is at the heart of most of my swing issues and is designed to help rectify the situation as well.

I played today but still have not practiced with the Vision Track except with birdie balls once. I struggled on the front nine with a 47 but had a 41 on the back. I was excited to be hitting my irons so well today. I did so much better hitting down and through with a very high trajectory and great distance. No thin shots at all because I thought about what the vision track taught me about looking back at the #2 behind the ball. I'm still having some problems breaking my wrists so I'm going to find some time to get on the range with this thing! It's just so darn hot! My driver was off today. Pulls and more pulls!

One thing that the vision track sometimes can allow you to get away with is flat shoulders throughout the golf swing. Maybe get someone to video you to show your shoulder angle through the swing. Great to hear the vision track is working for you!
I took the Vision Track out again today. I still have not been able to really use it over a significant length of time. Today I took my 6, 7 and 8 irons. I am still waiting to see how Medicus responds to my questions about how to set the system up for longer irons and wood as there is no information with the system that tells you how to do that.

Just as suspected the Vision Track really shows me how much my errors are tied to lack of concentration on right elbow position. Even if I take the club back along the “alternate target line” if I do not get my right elbow into a good position I tend to cast the club. In fact I get outside the correct swing plane so far that I tag the tee that you are supposed to put in the ground outside of the red 1 indicator. I will rarely hit the swing arm under any circumstances.

As the clubs lengthen, my percentage of error goes up. I would love to take some of the really long irons out but I am not going to do that until I find out how to set the angle for those longer clubs.

What I like most about the Vision Track is that you stop doubting what you are doing. I cannot tell you the number of times that I have struggled with whether or not I am clearing my hips or doing something else wrong. As a result I end up concentrating on some part of my swing that is actually fine to begin with and end up screwing that up as well. Virtually all of my swing errors these days relate to not making an inside out swing. So for me it is all about the baseball diamond drill and anything that gets my right elbow in a good position and my hands ahead of the club head, Vision Track has already helped me confirm what is at the heart of most of my swing issues and is designed to help rectify the situation as well.

You will enjoy it much more with the weight of real golf balls. The thing I like least about birdie balls is that they seem to reward thin shots more than they should. The thing I like most is the sound they make going through the air and the fact that they do have some weight to them.
When you see a real golf ball screaming off of that little indentation in the front of the Vision Track, you will be very pleased. If you are like me you will also be pleased when you happen to hit the swing arm or the tee or a clunker as even in those cases you learn something about what is happening in your swing.

I figured I better offer a clarification here since I asked this question in the thread. Medicus did answer my question about needing to set a more obtuse angle between the target line and the alternate target line for clubs between 5 iron and all of the woods.

As it happens they are going to change the dialog in the DVD that comes with the Vision Track as it is a bit misleading. While in discussing the angle in the DVD, Medicus states that the angle as set is optimal for wedge through 6 iron and should be greater for 5 iron through woods and driver. However, it does not give you any instruction for how to set a more obtuse angle.

In fact as it turns out the 11 degree angle should accommodate all of the clubs in your bag. While it is true that the total range of optimal angles according to Medicus starts about 10.5 degrees and ends at 11.5 degrees the amount of change for each club is quite small and might even be defined as insignificant.

All of that makes sense and I think they are wise to make a change in the DVD so users are not left wondering if they should be trying to accommodate a change in the angle.

I guess my own background in writing Sales and Marketing copy and other technical pieces has come back to haunt me here. Sorry if I caused anyone in the forum any concern about whether they were getting the most out of the Vision Track.

I am glad you clarified that jnug because I was wondering if there should be a different angle for the longer clubs after watching the video since it referred to the 6 iron through wedges for that swing path. I haven't used anything longer than the 6 iron yet anyway but now I know nothing will change when using the driver and hybrids.

I used it for the first time on the range today and shot my best 9 holes ever afterwards (36). I am completely sold on this thing! I shared it with a friend who was really impressed with it too. I can't wait to practice with it more! I should have stopped inbetween 9 holes and practiced some more because I shot a 44 on the back. :)

I have seen enough KellyBo posts to recognize that you are also pretty far along in your efforts to improve your swing. While I do believe it would do a beginner a world of good, the Vision Track experience makes me wonder how many of us get on a similar developmental path where we seem to find our way to a decent grip and maybe even a decent address, etc etc all the way up to trying to keep the club on a solid swing plane through the downswing and to impact.

In my case I did for awhile tend to take the club back a little to the inside which made it more difficult for me to get my elbow in a good position on the downswing. Sounds counterintuitive and I think that is how I got into that problem in the first place. I know I remember indicating earlier that at this point most of my swing flaws can be traced to bad elbow position on the downswing. Guiding yourself to a good swing plane and as a consequence a good elbow position seems a little backwards. In a perfect world I would be maintaining good elbow position thus helping me to stay on the right swing plane. But I will take whatever I can get and I believe Vision Track will help me to make far fewer swing errors.

I think the Vision Track is a good tool for most anyone who plays inconsistently like I do. I've recently gone through a series of lessons and know my swing flaws pretty well at this point. The Vision Track is just another tool that helps me stay focused on the proper swing and gives me feedback like my coach did when I break my wrists or don't hit down like I'm supposed to. It's been about a month since my last lesson and I felt myself slipping back into bad habits. A one-time cost of $40 compared to the price of a lesson is a good deal. I do think I'll continue with lessons but I'll be able to focus on things like sand shots and short game instead of just ball striking. A few months ago I was TERRIBLE with my irons! With my lessons and now the Vision Track, I am more confident than ever hitting them. I have to thank Thainer for recommending it!

Boy you guys and gals have got me intrigued about this. I've got some store credit at TGW and I might have to get this.

Sounds interesting. A couple quick questions about the Vision Track

1) Looks like you put the ball on the plastic thingy... for those of us who occasionally hit violent fat shots :D, is this going to hold up to a couple misses like that?

2) If I use this at a grass range, is it going to be moving all around as I hit balls off it?

3) Whats really interesting is this reminds me of a drill I've been using where I take a few practice swings and watch the 'blur' of my clubhead and swing until it makes a nice in-to-square pattern before I step up to hit. Real easy to see with some overhead light or the sun. Is this training aid pretty much doing the same thing?

4) Looks like the principle is to look at a point behind the ball and swing through that... seems like you'd have a tendency to hit the ground where you're looking. Did you do that at first, or did it pretty much work the first time?

5) Can you pretty much do the same thing just putting a coin on the ground about 3" behind and 1/2" inside of the ball and looking at that during the downswing? Or is there something special about the 11* angle? Or is $59 worth it to have the alignment aid with the DVD and other bits and less of a pain?

6) Cheapest place to order this puppy? EBAY?

I have pretty much the same questions as madmike. Y'all have me really interested. I have alignment issues.

Sounds interesting. A couple quick questions about the Vision Track

1) Looks like you put the ball on the plastic thingy... for those of us who occasionally hit violent fat shots :D, is this going to hold up to a couple misses like that?

2) If I use this at a grass range, is it going to be moving all around as I hit balls off it?

3) Whats really interesting is this reminds me of a drill I've been using where I take a few practice swings and watch the 'blur' of my clubhead and swing until it makes a nice in-to-square pattern before I step up to hit. Real easy to see with some overhead light or the sun. Is this training aid pretty much doing the same thing?

4) Looks like the principle is to look at a point behind the ball and swing through that... seems like you'd have a tendency to hit the ground where you're looking. Did you do that at first, or did it pretty much work the first time?

5) Can you pretty much do the same thing just putting a coin on the ground about 3" behind and 1/2" inside of the ball and looking at that during the downswing? Or is there something special about the 11* angle? Or is $59 worth it to have the alignment aid with the DVD and other bits and less of a pain?

6) Cheapest place to order this puppy? EBAY?

1. I always try to hit well behind the ball where the #2 is and it holds us just fine.

2. No, it doesn't move around. I put about 3 tees around it and in holes and that helps keep it in place.

3. ?

4. I have never hit the ground and usually hit better balls on this device than I do off the ground. I do hit the tee to the right and the little swivel bar on the left from time to time when I do not swing correctly. :)

5. Medicus Vision Track Benefits:
Golf Stance Alignment guide (feet, shoulders, clubface).
Ball placement guide
Distance guide from feet to ball
Clubhead takeaway guide
Eye Positioning - revolutionary technique for building a correct swing path.
Promotes keeping head behind ball at impact.
Promotes swinging through contact area vs. hitting at ball.
Clarifies swing path as it relates to target line.
Home or golf course use
Reversible for lefthanders

The training video is only 9 minutes long...easy to watch and aid is very easy to use.

Here's a good video that tells more about it
http://www.medicus.com/med_vision.php

6. I bought mine from this seller on Ebay for a best offer of $40
http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicus-Vision-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea68f0a58

When storing these, put them away FLAT. Or else they will bend and hold their bent shape.

Just bought it for $40 like you guys said on eBay. I can't wait to try it.

Just bought it for $40 like you guys said on eBay. I can't wait to try it.

I just did too. You should all get commision!

Thanks for the "reviews" on this training aid, I like the fact I can hit wiffles with it in the backyard and pack it up to bring to the range when too.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do. Please let us know! I'll have to write that guy and tell him to send me 10% of his commission. :D

For those that wonder if a coin here and a tee there will do about the same job as the Vision Track I would say No they will not do the same job as Vision Track. I think one of the things that distinguishes Vision Track is that there are so many visual and positional quos that come with the package. I will not list them here as they are already listed in one of the posts in this thread. Instead I will talk about what the quos do for you.

You establish a correct posture at address (a serious problem for many players). You establish correct alignment between feet and ball and other critical points of reference. Also you are not guessing about where to put your coin or your tee. For example, you change the position of the tee that is in the swing plane guide for each club. So you are taking the club back on the right path regardless of the club. Speaking for myself I would not know where to position that tee otherwise.
The combination of visual and positional quos puts you in such a good overall position with each club that you find it much easier to get your hips through, and much easier to establish good right elbow position ( a problem for me) and it is easier to get your hands ahead.

In addition then you have the swing arm, the tee positioned outside of the red 1 and the remaining 2 and 3 number guides to help you with particular swing issues. As for the swing arm and the tee, the only time I hit the tee is if I cast the club. So if I hit it I know that is what I have done. How many times do you read posts on this forum alone where people voice surprise when they start lessons and their teaching pro or someone else points out to them how often they cast the club? In my case I just never hit the swing arm but I do hit the tee on occasion. Every time I do I hit a terrible shot.

Today I really had a chance to put it through its paces. I probably should not have used Vision Track the way I decided to use it but I had one heck of a good time anyway. I have access to a turf driving range and that is where I took the Vision Track. I would take a few shots with a particular club using the Vision Track and then I would move off to the side of it a bit and take a few more shots with the same club. I decided I would use the Vision Track this way because I want to establish how to get into the same hitting position that I am in with the Vision Track. I am not sure I would recommend using it this way. The DVD that comes with it does not. However I found the session very useful and I suspect I will continue to use it this way. It worked very well for me up until about three quarters of the way through a second large bucket of balls the heat and the exertion won out and I fell apart all at once. I had been out there for over four hours at that point.

Anyway I am also now taking lessons and maybe my teaching pro would have gotten me into the correct hitting position but it is the repetitive nature of Vision Track and the ability to go up and down the bag with correct visual and positional quos for each club that is the real teaching piece at least in my view.

So how about hitting off the vision track with forged clubs? Would this ding them up?

I have forged clubs and I have not noticed any damage at all. If you see one before you buy one I think you will realize why. The plastic is very soft and there are few if any features that would snag on the club.

Back