Well i played today, my driver was terrible early on. I was pull hooking the driver. I straightened it out once i hit a few fades with it and then i hit the driver like i normally would and it went straight. The driver was ugly early on well actually most of the round!! The irons were pretty good as they have been the most consistant part of my game lately.

Ok I got some videos for you to see the progress. Sorry about the bad angle on the DTL shots. I noticed the my stupid elbow thing has crept back into my swing. Could that be causing some inconsistancies? I have been working on quieting the lower body but I'll leave that up to you decide if I have done that or not. Thanks again!

The low body looks much better. The next thing to get at is your arms at the top. THe right elbow is getting too far from the body at the top of the backswing. Try to feel like you are holding a platter with your right hand at the top. I will try and get something together for you today and shoot it up here to help with the top.

I was thinking, can the hook and the weird right elbow be because of how I take the club back? What I mean by that is, I don't rotate the club face open as I'm taking it down the line and I kind of leave it shut. It was just a thought but wanted to run that by you before I start doing anything.

The face a touch a shut on the way back doesn't help your cause. It is the takeaway that is setting you up to swing it shut. The right elbow is trying to extend your swing because you don't feel you turn enough. Work the club face and elbow together and let me know how things go.

the elbow thing has gotten alot better. If you think I'm ready to move on then I'm ready. I don't have a video but I will try and get one soon.

Well I went on vaction for a week but wasn't able to play for about 2 weeks and once I got back, it was like my swing left me. The driver is doing pretty good but I'm hitting my irons terrible! Everything is off of the toe and when I say the toe, i mean the part without any grooves. I'm lucky I'm even hitting the ball.

Take a few days to get back in the grove and let me know. I would like to hear how quick you get things back.

Its been about 4 rounds since Ive been back and the irons aren't getting any better. My short game is saving my scoring right now. Like I said before, I don't have a problem with the direction the ball is going just the contact I'm making. I just don't know what to do to correct this.

It's still not getting any better. It gets worse as the irons get longer. But it stops once i get to the hybrid, wood, and driver. Not being able to hit a good iron shot is killing my game right now. I still can't take a divot either.

Lets try something to make sure you stay down and through the ball. Place a tee in the ground 2-3 inches in front of your ball and an little to the right. Now when you swing down into the ball I want you to try and get through the ball and out to the tee in the ground. This down and through shot will get you better contact and help you stay with the shot. Try this and let me know how things go.

I dislocated my shoulder last night so we will see how long before I can swing pain free. I was just kind of thinking and could the toe hits be a result of my swing getting too flat but not on purpose if that makes any sense? I know sometimes if I don't pay attention, my back swing can get flat and one of the things I was working on before I went to florida was getting a little more upright on my backswing and that was when I was striking the ball pretty well. Its just a thought and I didn't know if there is any truth in my logic. Thank you for all of your help and your time.

Get well soon and let me know when you are back and playing pain free.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but college keeps me busy. I finally got out to play and I am still having the same problem of hitting the ball of the toe really bad.

Toe shots come from an out to in path through the ball. The baseball diamond drill and the new drill we added to stay down and through are going to be most helpful. How is the shoulder? Most with a shoulder injury will pull the club towards the body to protect the injury.

Back