jchez444

Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't find much on a search here and other sites have limited posts. Was seeing if anyone has compared the top flight gamer directly with a e6 and seeing what they thought. Driver speed is mid 90s and overtake is ok 11hcp with irons being my weak point. I've played the e6 with success but unfortunately can't get ahold of any sleeves and dicks is loaded with the gamers at 2 for 30

I thought the Gamer was a solid mid-tier priced golf ball before it became a house brand. The e6 is going to feel softer and for me I preferred it quite a bit.

I thought the Gamer was a solid mid-tier priced golf ball before it became a house brand. The e6 is going to feel softer and for me I preferred it quite a bit.

Agreed with the above. I've found the e6 to be far better feeling and better performing around the greens. I've had a dozen of the Gamers in my closet since last year, I've been using them as shag balls every now and again. No desire to put them in play.

If you're looking for a good feeling, decently performing budget ball, I'd recommend the Maxfli Softfli. I was very surprised at how well that ball performed for me.

did you guys notice any difference distance wise or they are pretty equal

The current version of the Gamer has horrible durability. Horrible. Major scuffs with one mishit.

I currently have 4 dozen gamers I got from DSG's BOGO sale a month or so ago. As mentioned they definitely feel firmer than the e6, but it doesn't really bother me. I have no problem playing them and they seem to be as long as any ball I've tried. In my opinion, they spin as much or more around the green as the e6. The durability of the gamer isn't great, but at the price I can't complain too much.

Try the Cally Supersoft @ around $20/dozen if you can't find e6's

I had read tons of good things about the gamer so I tried them. I had the hardest time holding a green on iron shots with them and that is when I decided to start spending a little more on a better golf ball. I never did try the gamer tour though.

Back