Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Welp, I'm sitting at O'Hare and I can't get this track out of my head so.....with a little nod to Snoop....

With so much drama in the THP

It's kinda hard bein Josh aka JB

But he, and Callaway

Keep coming coming up with funky ass swag like every single day

May I, kick a little somthin' for the #zoocrew

and make a few friends as I breeze, through

Day number 2 with The Hideaway jumpin

'Cause The Grandaddy is on

We want more #zoocrew in the lobby gettin' it on

'Cause they ain't leavin' til' six in the mornin (six in the mornin')

So what you wanna do, sheeeeit

I got a pocket full of Chrome Soft and the #zoocrew does too

So turn on the lights and close the course

But (but what?), we need more Hacker hoes, yeah!

So we gonna smoke a Bertha to this

Teed up, holes down, while you motherHackers bounce to this

Rollin' down fairways, smokin Bertha's, sippin' on Yoooo Hoo
Laid back (with my mind on Grandaddy and Grandaddy on my mind)
Now THAT is an entry. Well done

That may actually give ScottyG a run for his money

This is good stuff everyone, keep it coming, love to read all of the thoughts. The passion is exciting to see but to see so many people interested in coming out to lose is a little surprising. Got #TeamCallaway

I actually said out loud at my desk at work "Woowwwww" and had a coworker ask what happened now with work. The confidence is so high! It might actually hurt me a little inside when we watch your faces as the title changes homes...wait no I won't be hurt I'd be too busy hoisting the belt up taking selfies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the grand scheme of things adding JB is a no brainer, the captain of the ship charts the course and stays with it until the journey is finished, this journey needs the captain.

Since we're busting out some 90s rap, might as well show everyone my Goryl Gauntlet entry. Try not singing it, I dare you. This is not a Grandaddy entry.

Yo, THP, let's kick it!

Ice ice Goryl
Ice ice Goryl

All right, Scott-
Grab your clubs and listen:
Greg is back with a brand new edition.
Sand wedge drops one in tightly
Flow like a soft fade daily and nightly.
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Peg in the ground, I'll go low.
In #TheGauntlet I steal points like a vandal.
Playing for Scott, after last year; they can't handle.

Golf
Get behind the driver that booms.
I'm killin' your pride like a poisonous mushroom.
Deadly, I'm Scotty's loss remedy.
Any choice less than Greg is a felony.
Love it or leave it
Ethan better make way.
You better hit putts right
This team don't play.
If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while ScottyG revolves it

Ice ice Goryl (Left-handed)

Now that #TheGauntlet is jumping
The gimmies kicked in and the Berthas are pumpin'.
Quick to the tee, to the tee no faking
I'm cooking DNevs team like a pound of bacon.
Burning them if they're not quick and ready
I go crazy when the pace ain't steady.
Now your quick hook from a souped up tempo.
I'm on a roll and it's time to go so low.
Rollin my Works.0
NTJ cover off so my opponent can know.
Drink girls on standby
Waving just to say buy.
Did you stop?
No, I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next tee
I busted a birdie and we're on to the next team.
AJ's team was on the next course

Yo, so I continued from Ravines to Dubsdread Avenue!
Teams were shot, wearing their colors
Team ScottyG defeating all comers.
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Scotty with a putter and Greg with a nine.
Ready for the chumps on the box
Acting ill because they're full of shank shots.
Tee shots ranged out like a bell
I grabbed my 440
All I heard were golf balls.
Fallin' on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my cart, slammed on the gas.
Bumper to bumper the fairways packed
I'm tryin' to get away before the icejackers jack.
Marshal on the scene
You know what I mean.
They passed me up, confronted all the slow fiends.
If there was a fivesome
Yo, I'll solve it

Take heed, 'cause I'm a golfer poet.
Tally's on the scene just in case you didn't know it.
My town, created all the warchant sound.
Shots high enough, leave rain drops on the ground.
'Cause my game's like hardened steel
Accurate shots that you can vision and feel.
Shaped and formed
This is a hell of a concept.
We make it tight and you want to game with this.
Scott plays on the fade, not a slice it like a ninja.
Cuts like a razor blade so fast.
Johnny Rod says, "damn".
If my game was a drug
I'd sell it by the gram.
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the club while I kick my juice.
If there was a hazard
Yo, I'll solve it!

Yo man, let's get out of here
Word to SDRhi's mother

Ice ice Goryl
Too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold

This is good stuff everyone, keep it coming, love to read all of the thoughts. The passion is exciting to see but to see so many people interested in coming out to lose is a little surprising. Got #TeamCallaway

Rumor has it you know a thing or 3 about losing in the Granddaddy.

It should definitely be a 12 on 12 event with JB in the mix!!

I should be there because I'm just an amateur hacker and the #TheGrandaddy is the epitome of a Hacker's Paradise made possible by #TeamCallaway and the #ZooCrew.

Plus, I really want a shot at bringing the belt to THP!

Finley was hired for his looks and creativity, not his spelling it would seem.
To quote that wise philosopher Dirt Harry, "A man has to know his limitations".

I like the idea of adding 2 more people to this event (one being JB), if for nothing more than adding to the camaraderie. So much effort and work goes into these events that at the end of the day, I know JB enjoys being around everyone and seeing the positive impact his hard work has , but to have him IN the event makes it even more real for the guy who most deserves to be in it. As for who the other person should be, why not GG? The Zoo Crew has Rhi representing the women of Callaway, why not Morgan representing the women's contingent of THP?? There are a few other spots left, and hopefully I'll see my name chosen for one of them, but for this, I say bring in the Executives!

JB needs to go because if it weren't for him, these events wouldn't be available in the first place.

He should take me with him because I hit a drive over 300 yards once. I may never do it again, but I think I'm worth the gamble! :D

The idea about JB is no-brainer. Kind of like adding Tito's to an Arnold Palmer. #itjustmakessense

Day 2:

I had more time to think.while driving to Jacksonville and I'm sure JB should be a part of this. To loosen up we could play a little Basketball against the #zoocrew. Two crushing defeats at the hands of JB might he too much to handle. And I'd love to Donne Willingham to have a spot on this team. One of the most genuine and kindest men I know. If I lived closer to him, I'm sure I'd seek his council and his game. He would be a solid add to #teamredemption just as he has been as a friend in my life.

Last edited:
Day 2 entry:

Adding more spots to the greatest amateur golf experience in the planet is a NO BRAINER!

Not having the man that made it all possible be a part of it? Is down right BLASPHEMY!

First time I met JB was at the Indy invitational last year (arguably one of the best ever). I sat down next to the only guy I really knew (phillyV) and there's this guy across from me just going on and on about equipment, playing golf, going to all these OEM and traveling. I'm like who is this guy and I want to be him! Phil goes "that's JB". I'm like oh sh!t. He made it so comfortable for me being a newbie and literally made me want to do every possible thing this place had. He's the man and should 100% be in this. Only fitting our fearless forum leader would bring the title back home where it belongs!

As for myself being included...

Would be a hellava :
1. Bday present (sept 24)
2. House warming gift
3. Wedding present (June 4,2016)

Also, I can dress with the best of them and I got the game to back it up!

Team redemption WILL bring back the belt this year!!!

Entry 2

JB has earned a spot on Team Redemption with all the work he puts in over the year to bring great events to the rest of us so it is only fitting he be included on the team that takes down the Zoocrew and gets to enjoy the spoils.

Why me? I would love to put all my hard work this year to help our team in this Ultimate event and bring home, to THP, the trophy of all trophies, The Grandaddy!!!

Since we're busting out some 90s rap, might as well show everyone my Goryl Gauntlet entry. Try not singing it, I dare you. This is not a Grandaddy entry.

Yo, THP, let's kick it!

Ice ice Goryl
Ice ice Goryl

All right, Scott-
Grab your clubs and listen:
Greg is back with a brand new edition.
Sand wedge drops one in tightly
Flow like a soft fade daily and nightly.
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Peg in the ground, I'll go low.
In #TheGauntlet I steal points like a vandal.
Playing for Scott, after last year; they can't handle.

Golf
Get behind the driver that booms.
I'm killin' your pride like a poisonous mushroom.
Deadly, I'm Scotty's loss remedy.
Any choice less than Greg is a felony.
Love it or leave it
Ethan better make way.
You better hit putts right
This team don't play.
If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it

Now that #TheGauntlet is jumping
The gimmies kicked in and the Berthas are pumpin'.
Quick to the tee, to the tee no faking
I'm cooking DNevs team like a pound of bacon.
Burning them if they're not quick and ready
I go crazy when the pace ain't steady.
Now your quick hook from a souped up tempo.
I'm on a roll and it's time to go so low.
Rollin my Works.0
NTJ cover off so my opponent can know.
Drink girls on standby
Waving just to say buy.
Did you stop?
No, I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next tee
I busted a birdie and we're on to the next team.
AJ's team was on the next course

Yo, so I continued from Ravines to Dubsdread Avenue!
Teams were shot, wearing their colors
Team ScottyG defeating all comers.
Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine
Scotty with a putter and Greg with a nine.
Ready for the chumps on the box
Acting ill because they're full of shank shots.
Tee shots ranged out like a bell
I grabbed my 440
All I heard were golf balls.
Fallin' on the concrete real fast
Jumped in my cart, slammed on the gas.
Bumper to bumper the fairways packed
I'm tryin' to get away before the icejackers jack.
Marshal on the scene
You know what I mean.
They passed me up, confronted all the slow fiends.
If there was a fivesome
Yo, I'll solve it

Take heed, 'cause I'm a golfer poet.
Tally's on the scene just in case you didn't know it.
My town, created all the warchant sound.
Shots high enough, leave rain drops on the ground.
'Cause my game's like hardened steel
Accurate shots that you can vision and feel.
Shaped and formed
This is a hell of a concept.
We make it tight and you want to game with this.
Scott plays on the fade, not a slice it like a ninja.
Cuts like a razor blade so fast.
Johnny Rod says, "damn".
If my game was a drug
I'd sell it by the gram.
Keep my composure when it's time to get loose
Magnetized by the club while I kick my juice.
If there was a hazard
Yo, I'll solve it!

Yo man, let's get out of here
Word to SDRhi's mother

Ice ice Goryl
Too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold
Ice ice Goryl
Too cold too cold

It's Day Two and JB should still be in

I don't "deserve" it any more today than yesterday. But I want it more today than yesterday.

If I don't get selected

I say this entry should win under only one circumstance. Gregg sings this on the bus to the Hideaway and JB Periscopes it. Thst I would good with.

Well JB basically dedicates most of his life to THP, so he is very deserving! It seems to me he gives more than he takes. He is the most deserving of us all.

I think it should be me as I love Callaway gear, always spread the word about THP, and the awesomeness that is found within.
Also I should mention that I've practiced golf almost everyday since last season. Probably 300 hours plus during the winter. And if I'm accepted, I'll work hard everyday so I'm the best golfer possible at this stage in my development to be more than ready for this event. For a golfer that went from shooting 100's to low 80's in 2 years, I'm in need of new equipment, and fittings in the worst way. I love my Callaway irons, so I'd like to continue the trend with a new set someday, hopefully soon.

Good luck to all!

I really like this idea!!! Why?? Who wouldn't want to be part of an epic event as a member of #TeamRedemption going against #ZooCrew. Also getting to game some of the latest and greatest technology put out by a great brand like Callaway, it is just an awesome all around opportunity, and the competitive aspect of it is great.

JB makes all this happen. He's as deserving of a spot as anyone ever was, plus it'll be more fun for everyone.

As for TheWoo, I am a golfer. I love every aspect of it. I'm a tinkerer, a feel player who loves the technical side, a technical player who loves to "feel it," and I'm always trying to get better. I rededicated myself to the game this year after work prevented extensive play the last couple years. I'm flirting with scratch. I've only hit it once in my life. I really want to get there again.

I have competed a bit here and there since high school, but I chose to go to a major D-I school for my education rather than play golf at a number of smaller schools that recruited me. While I've never regretted that decision a bit, I do miss it and at times wonder how much fun I could have had and how good I could have been had I had some professional guidance at that point in my life. I self-taught from Golf Magazine and Golf Digest growing up on the buffalo grass fairways of Northwest Kansas, where I also learned to hit a low rope hook to cheat the wind.

I'm a much better player now than I've been at any point other than a couple years ago. I'm 37. I'm hitting that point in my golf career where any dreams of getting serious about the game are behind me, but I'd love to be a "serious amateur weekender" for the rest of my life. This experience is perfect for me. I want the competition again. I want the atmosphere with others who love the game like I do. I will thrive in the technical side of the fitting process, and can't wait to then take it to the course and "feel" my way around.

Most of all, I am not a Richard. People seem to genuinely enjoy my company for whatever reason, and I love to hang. Many describe me as the "glue" to the social groups I'm part of. It's because I like people, I like to have fun regardless what we're doing, and most of all I want others to enjoy themselves. I can only imagine how much fun and what a fulfilling experience the Granddaddy would be with that attitude.

I'll bring it. All of it. I will.

And, I'll beat you 6&5, Finley.

I think that making it a 12 person team would be AWESOME! Why? Simple, that's one more person that gets to enjoy the experience of a lifetime of playing alongside their fellow THPers and meeting some incredible people over at Callaway. Callaway is a great company sure, but what separates them from the rest is the special group of people that truly care about the little guys out there allowing them to experience something bigger than themselves. I would want nothing more than to be a part of that experience. Making new friends, seeing familiar faces and having an opportunity to experience what it's like to be a pro. Arriving, being custom fit and delving into the minds of those that actually make the clubs and then topping it off with the Grandaddy of them all as part of team redemption. Events like this don't come often (or even a lifetime) and being part of something like this is something that I may never have a chance to experience. And that's really what it boils down to and why I think Callaway are above the rest. Between them and THP, they share in the spoils and create a moment in our lives we'll never forget and never stop talking about. Just stop and really think about what they do for THP and for the guys chosen in the past events and now this years event. That's why I want to be a part of this event and in the spirit of competition, why I want to be a part of team redemption and bring home the 'chip. Because with a win, Callaway would have to try to win it back next year lol :)

JB belongs in the Grandaddy because he IS THP. He is the engine that powers the whole amazing machine. None of this exists without him (GG is the coolant/lube that keeps it running smooth). So I don't see how we can have a team that represents THP without Mr. THP himself.

Why me? Because I want nothing more than to represent and do good by the place that has given me a home to blab about golf so that I don't drive my lady insane talking to her about it. I've been fortunate enough to play in a THP Major through an incredible company, and met many fantastic people that have shown me what true kindness and generosity is. That is who and what I want to represent. This isn't about what I would be receiving (although HOLY CRAP) or even the experience if I was lucky enough to be invited. Its about representing this great place as best I can. Its about respecting the effort that so many have put forth to make an event like this even possible. I am in awe of it all and it would truly be an honor to help bring Redemption to THP.

PS. I don't have much of a personal rivalry with Mr. Darth Finley, but I do see that we both have an avatar of us holding the Claret Jug. I want a wager at TheGrandaddy over which one of us gets the sole honor of hoisting that trophy on THP. What say you, Darth?

Sounds fine to me

I had more time to think.while driving to Jacksonville and I'm sure JB should be a part of this. To loosen up we could play a little Basketball against the #zoocrew. Two crushing defeats at the hands of JB might he too much to handle. And I'd love to Donne Willingham to have a spot on this team. One of the most genuine and kindest men I know. If I lived closer to him, I'm sure I'd seek his council and his game. He would be a solid add to #teamredemption just as he has been as a friend in my life.

Not sure we have any hoopsters on the Zoo Crew even but even I will take my chances against JB on the basketball court.

I also know a thing or 5 about winning too

4 time THP HOFer. In only 4 events. One of only 3 to get there too, all of whom are from the #Zoocrew. Tells quite a story there.

Meaning: The lucky 12 have got a lot of work to do to get that belt where it belongs THP!

Back