Calling all Carolinians

Yeah, weathermen kinda screwed us today. The radar looked spectacularly awful, but as far as I know, it never rained.

Hope you guys had a great golf weekend! Played a round Saturday at Zebulon Country Club, shot 99. Was able to fix my swing tempo to help with topping the ball, and had an amazing chip that went in at my 18th, in front of a tall bunker to save 100. Couldn't ask for a better way to end things.

Good afternoon fellow Carolinians

I'm going to be in Raleigh this weekend and Friday is the only day I have free (to myself) to get some golfing in

Been researching some courses to play and right now Duke University Golf Club looks to be best - but I have no knowledge of the area so I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with Raleigh/Durham area and has any other suggestions?

Much appreciated,

Guz

I'm going to be in Raleigh this weekend and Friday is the only day I have free (to myself) to get some golfing in

Been researching some courses to play and right now Duke University Golf Club looks to be best - but I have no knowledge of the area so I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with Raleigh/Durham area and has any other suggestions?

Much appreciated,

Guz
I'd talk to Ron (LightningBolt) for suggestions, but I'd recommend Lonnie Poole.

Much appreciated,

Guz

Cannot go wrong with any of the university golf courses in the area (NC State, Duke, UNC).

Thanks deuce and Matt E, there are some beautiful courses in the area

Lonnie Poole is very nice, and I know you said Durham area but if you are will to drive about 50 minutes south Tobacco Road is incredible

Lonnie Poole is so high priced though!

You could always play the goat track also known as The Crossings. Fairways not bad, greens were pretty divot'y last time I played.

Much appreciated,

Guz

Lonnie Poole, The Neuse Golf Club (Clayton), Pine Hollow (Clayton), Reedy Creek (Four Oaks), Eagle Ridge (Raleigh)

Lonnie Poole will be the highest price but I've played all the others recently and they are fair priced and in good shape. I just played Pine Hollow last week and really enjoyed that track. Some challenging holes there for sure. I always like The Neuse and Reedy Creek is one of my favorites. Riverwood is another one that's got 27 holes. Our company tournament is out there next week. There are quite a few others in the area as well but I'm not as familiar with them.

Can't go wrong with Lonnie Poole. UNC Finley is also extremely solid as is Duke. Duke will be the most expensive followed by Lonnie then UNC if that matters. That said I think all the courses are worth their price.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

anybody ever get out to asheville/WNC? would love to meet up with some folks.

I'm out there just about every month, next time I'm headed that way I'll shoot you a pm and maybe we can get a round in.

I have a buddy that lives in Hendersonville and we alternate going back and forth to play. He should be down here in the next few weeks to play and I will probably be up there in the spring to play. I will let you know when and we can meet up.

anybody ever get out to asheville/WNC? would love to meet up with some folks.

It's not really Asheville but I played apple valley and lake lure muni last month. Apple valley is beautiful. Lake lure muni is evil.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Yeah, a Carolinian representing in #TheGrandDaddy! Congrats TBaker!

You could always play the goat track also known as The Crossings. Fairways not bad, greens were pretty divot'y last time I played.

Funny enough, deuce and I have a course nearby called The Crossings that pretty much fits that exact description.

Funny enough, deuce and I have a course nearby called The Crossings that pretty much fits that exact description.

Yeah, I heard it's in a bit of financial trouble. Shame too because it's a fun little track. Definitely better than Beaver Creek!

Right now I've made a tee time at Duke University Golf Club Friday afternoon - hopefully this gorgeous weather holds out!

Anyone ever play that course? Suggestions/thoughts?

Yeah, I heard it's in a bit of financial trouble. Shame too because it's a fun little track. Definitely better than Beaver Creek!

I'm not surprised. Course isn't very well taken care of, really fun layout though. Beaver Creek had worse grass than my backyard last time I played there. I told one of my coworker's that I'd take her son golfing, he's only ever played at Beaver Creek, it's gonna blow his HS senior mind to see what a course should look like! Bad thing is, as a highly recruited baseball player, he's gonna outdrive the hell out of me! lol

I'm not surprised. Course isn't very well taken care of, really fun layout though. Beaver Creek had worse grass than my backyard last time I played there. I told one of my coworker's that I'd take her son golfing, he's only ever played at Beaver Creek, it's gonna blow his HS senior mind to see what a course should look like! Bad thing is, as a highly recruited baseball player, he's gonna outdrive the hell out of me! lol

Taking him to CCSC? That's going to be a night and day difference. Someone told me Beaver Creek is looking better than it has in a long time, but that isn't exactly saying much.

I think so. He's a good kid, signed on to pitch at Clemson next year.

Spent a late night at the office, think I'll take off tomorrow and play some golf!

Back