Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

Funny you mention this but if you read back a few pages you will see when I found this out I got a 48 degree wedge. It really fit the gap perfectly for me

I have a 52* RTX laying around. Maybe I can get that bent to fit. I know nothing about that kind if stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 52* RTX laying around. Maybe I can get that bent to fit. I know nothing about that kind if stuff though.

Yeah I got a 48 and had a 52 and they work great for me.

I got to get out with my new Amps. Still need to get used to them but will say that I am SO glad I got them. I was really pleased with a 4I shot that I that went far of the tee and straight. Hit a couple 7&8I shots that went on the green and fringe. So I am pretty close to being in sync with them. Just need a little more time. Really impressed with them

I got to get out with my new Amps. Still need to get used to them but will say that I am SO glad I got them. I was really pleased with a 4I shot that I that went far of the tee and straight. Hit a couple 7&8I shots that went on the green and fringe. So I am pretty close to being in sync with them. Just need a little more time. Really impressed with them
How are these working out for you? Had some time with them let us know your thoughts if you get a chance. Cheers

Still loving mine. I picked up the matching sand wedge. Haven't hit it yet though.

I am loving them!!!!! The more I play with them the more I like them and the better I get.
Haven't regretted them yet lolol

I am loving them!!!!! The more I play with them the more I like them and the better I get.
Haven't regretted them yet lolol
Nice man glad to hear they are working out so well for you.

I'm doing some end of the year bargain hunting for irons, and I'm trying to decide between the Amp Cells (which I've hit) and the C100s (which I haven't). I'll have to find a set of the latter to demo before I make up my mind. I can't believe how cheap these sets are.

I'm doing some end of the year bargain hunting for irons, and I'm trying to decide between the Amp Cells (which I've hit) and the C100s (which I haven't). I'll have to find a set of the latter to demo before I make up my mind. I can't believe how cheap these sets are.

Can't go wrong either way. With the prices the way they are with the Cells they're worth a hard look. Such a great set of irons!

Hi, any experience with the MRC graphite shaft? I can buy these irons fitted with the Cobra MRC AMP Cell graphite shafts.

Hi, any experience with the MRC graphite shaft? I can buy these irons fitted with the Cobra MRC AMP Cell graphite shafts.

I tested them before getting them for the Morgan Cup a couple of years ago. Thought they were good. Little lighter than I wanted to go, but they were solid.

Thanks!
Same trajectory as the steel shaft? (High)

Thanks ddec. I will give them a try at the shop before swiping my creditcard ;)

Cool to see this thread pop up. I am still playing these irons and love them. Took me a while to get used to them but they just work for me and my game.

I am sure that they can be had for a pretty reasonable price. Good luck

Can't go wrong either way. With the prices the way they are with the Cells they're worth a hard look. Such a great set of irons!
I still have a set in my garage I almost feel like putting in some XP95s I have lying around and see how that works.

These irons worked very well for my high handicap swing when I tried them out last year. They can be had for some excellent prices right now.

I just got a set of these AMP Cell Red irons with the Cobra regular flex graphite shafts, 4 - GW from eBay. Hit them at Golf Galaxy's indoor range to check the lie. Really liked what I felt and the results on the screen, but the 7 thru GW are a little flat. The marking paper we put on the sole of the irons showed just a bit towards the toe. Played them last Saturday and the results with the 7 thru GW showed impact towards the toe on the face of the irons. Man, what a great feel with these irons and nice high launch with them as well as a club further from the 4 thru the 8 iron even though the AMP Cell spec sheet shows them to be 1 to 2 degrees less than my gamer Cobra King F6 irons. One more round with them tomorrow and a trip to the repair shop at GG to get the 7 thru GW bent 1 to 2 degrees upright. Also the red grips are slightly larger diameter due to the larger butt on the graphite irons and I love the diameter of the grips.

Zombie thread!!

I got these as an early Father's Day gift last night. Took them to the range on my lunch break today. So far I'm pretty impressed, especially for the price these can be found at.

Early impressions are that these are a solid club for a really good price. The uniflex shaft is probably not ideal, however...I don't know that they'll hurt a whole lot.

It looks like these are going to give me about a club better distance across the board, which is nice. They certainly get the ball up in the air, especially with the higher lofted clubs. 4 and 5 irons are a little bit harder to hit than I would like, but when I catch them right they go, and they launch pretty well too.

I'm going to try to get them out on the course today or tomorrow and see how they perform in the real world.

Quoting myself from a different thread.

I picked up a set of the Amp Cell-S irons a few weeks ago, and I've got a few rounds in with them now, and thought I'd share my thoughts on them.

I moved into these from an older set, c2006/2007 so one of the first things I noticed is that these are much lighter than I was expecting. That's a good thing, swing speed is increased some, and they're just easier to hit. I get a good solid ball flight, and a lot of height without ballooning which is nice. The distances I'm getting are not overly long, I went up a full club, and maybe a bit more.

Forgiveness is pretty good, I can hit the set 4 iron well, and it's not difficult to hit, my miss there is usually out towards the toe and I see some yardage loss, but not an unacceptable amount, probably 5-8 yards. Fat and thin shots will also show some losses, but unless I blade the ball I don't see any directional issues.

A better player than I could probably shape their shots pretty well with these, I don't really have the ability to intentionally put a small draw or fade on the ball, I can handle a draw out of the trees on occasion, but it's not really controllable, so it's hard for me to offer an opinion, but the few times I've had to try that shot it's worked out better than I deserved, and leaps and bounds better than my old set.

These look nice, with a thin-ish top line, and I don't really see the cavity at address. I don't mind the GI/SGI look on my irons, and these are certainly not players blades in the looks department. The cavity badging is pretty busy, but I think it looks good. If I had had a choice in the matter, I would have gone for one of the colored inserts, but the -S version of these did not offer a choice.

As I mentioned I'm playing the -S version, which is basically a big box version of the model, Uniflex shaft, no insert color options. I haven't compared them to the initial release, so I don't know what other differences there are. The price on these brand new is pretty unbeatable ($~230 for 4-GW) so if someone is looking for an inexpensive set these are a very solid option IMO, I believe this model is being clearanced out right now, so prices may drop, but availability likely will as well as store sell out of them, I know I bought the last set the local DSG had.

Nice. Glad to hear they are working well for you. I am still playing with these and really like them. Would I like shiny new irons every year, sure but just isn't in the cards for me.

I am pondering getting the set GW though and I hope to get it for cheap since these are a few years old.

Nice. Glad to hear they are working well for you. I am still playing with these and really like them. Would I like shiny new irons every year, sure but just isn't in the cards for me.

I am pondering getting the set GW though and I hope to get it for cheap since these are a few years old.

I loved the set GW when I was playing these. They were a really good iron set IMO, had lots to offer. The sole design still is killer.

I loved the set GW when I was playing these. They were a really good iron set IMO, had lots to offer. The sole design still is killer.

I need to just get it. I have looked around on the Bay and some other sites and it is still like 80 bucks. Any ideas on where it might be cheaper?

With the KK shaft may be top 3 at least top 5 favorite set of irons for me, such a great set!

Back