What's the worst thing that has happened to you on the golf course?

Turbo, both of your stories win. Thanks for the read :)

Years ago, in my club carrying days, I had was walking down the #1 fairway with my left hand draped over the back of the bag. Somebody in the group behind us teed off, and a moment later heard and felt - expecially felt - the ball smack into the back of my hand. My hand immediately began to swell, ending my round for the day after one shot. I'm guessing I broke a bone, but I was a poor college kid at the time so I didn't go to the doctor. Worst part - ok, maybe the second worst part - was that the golf course wouldn't refund my money for not being able to finish the round. I'll remember the sound of that ball hitting the back of my hand for the rest of my life.

Thanks...I think. lol.

For the record, I'm right handed, but play golf lefty, so I had a glove on my right hand. I had no idea that a FootJoy WeatherSoft would stand up to landing repeated punches, splitting open someones brow, all the while protecting my hand so well (only had one slight scratch on my middle knuckle). I think it's a true testament to the quality of their golf gloves.

Thanks...I think. lol.

For the record, I'm right handed, but play golf lefty, so I had a glove on my right hand. I had no idea that a FootJoy WeatherSoft would stand up to landing repeated punches, splitting open someones brow, all the while protecting my hand so well (only had one slight scratch on my middle knuckle). I think it's a true testament to the quality of their golf gloves.

That's my glove of choice by a long shot, Turbo. Never used it in that capacity, but it's good to know it will be there for me if the situation ever comes up lol.

I agree. Both your stories are winners. Not sure how you even made it to hole 12 of the second round before blowing your top though.

Thanks...I think. lol.

This part belongs in the glove testing thread. Haha

I sure didn't expect all that to happen when I showed up at the course that day. The group behind us had been on our tail for quite some time, and had been seeing it all unfold. When the proverbial crap hit the fan, they called the clubhouse and said some guy that had been mouthing was getting his face beat in out on the #13 tee box. A couple young guys that work there saw it happen too. After he was driven off to the parking lot, I hit my second shot onto the green, and that's when I was summoned to the clubhouse. I asked them if they'd hold on a minute since I had about a 12 foot putt for birdie. I missed, tapped in my par, and went to meet with the gentleman working the desk in the clubhouse.

I explained the story to him, told him how long it had been going on, and told him that if you mess with a bull long enough, you get the horns. He agreed, the witnesses verified the story to him, and he was cool with everything. I asked if I could finish my round, and he said sure. When I walked back out, the young course employees were waiting for me out there. One of them looks at me and says..."Dude..that was f*cking awesome!!!" I told him it was anything but, and played through #17 when it got too dark to finish. :angry:

I was playing golf with my wife when we came to the 9th hole, a par 3. It was 165 yds for me and 100 yds for her. I hit the green. She took out her driver. Yep, her driver. I have learned the VERY hard way to keep my mouth shut. She hit it flush! The ball traveled over the green on the fly and hit the food building above the air conditioner. Then it bounced back and landed on the green! That ball mark stayed visible until they re-sided the building several years after! BTW, she missed the birdie putt, but made par!

I thought I'd put the brake on the golf cart on a hill, hopped out to play my bunker shot, and had to run down the hill to try and stop it. Ever tried stopping a golf cart going pretty fast down a hill by grabbing onto the steering wheel? Another thing to add to my rookie mistakes...
hate when that happens

I was golfing with my two buddies, and one of them was a state champion in wrestling....but struggles with his golf game. We tee off on the first hole and he hits the worst duck hook, crosses the street, and smashes into an older gentleman's cart coming up 9. The ball got there so fast I didn't have a chance to yell. Also I took a practice swing messing around with a wedge, and it came through and hit me right in my ankle, I fell over and my buddiesand I got a good laugh at my stupidity.

Back