60* wedge, I have no use for it, 56* does what I need it to do.

I could probably take both 3 wood and hybrid out and replace them with a 4 wood. Or just take the 3 wood out.

I could probably take both 3 wood and hybrid out and replace them with a 4 wood. Or just take the 3 wood out.

I just pulled my 3w out in favor of a 4w... I still have the 5w which replaced my 3h, but if I hit the 4w consistently enough, I may pull the 5w and just go with 13 clubs.

I'm tempted to say my putter. I'm so bad with it I could probably do just as well with any other club. I'll go with my 60* wedge, though. I literally never use it. I don't even know why I carry it.

I could go back to playing with 4, or 5 clubs, easily (3w, 7i, PW, putter and some 'guest wedge').

Already parted company with my 60*, so I'm at 13 clubs right now, and haven't missed it at all. If I had to take out another, it would probably be the 3w. On the other hand, the more acquainted I become with this particular 3w, the more I'm beginning to think driver may be the one to go.

Last edited:
60*. 56 plays most of the same shots.

Probably my 5 iron. I don't hit it much at my course, and can always lean on a six or choke a four if I run into that distance.

It's the most practical choice. I love my whole bag right now (other than putter, but I kinda need one of those regardless).

4W or 5 iron. Seldom hit these clubs (due to that I hit them crappy)

Probably my 3i. I very rarely use it unless I need a low punch shot or the rare approach shot on a par 5 when I'm going at it in 2.

Lob wedge, was the last club into the bag. I can do everything with the 56 that I come across. Though it's dangerous at 50 yards. Still it's an odd yardage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

My 7W, could definitely either hit a choked down 4W or a try to run up my 4H. There are times I absolutely mash it, but I could cover it's loss pretty easily if I had to.

3 wood. Can always hit a soft driver or hard 3h.

My three wood. I've only hit it off the tee when my driver shaft broke and if I need a three wood to reach a par five I don't even bother unless I'm feeling REALLY good. I'll lay up with a hybrid instead.

That said Awkward Silence can attest to the fact the last three wood I hit off the deck (Balboa Park) was a monster.

Whoa! I though most people loved their three woods. Interesting to see I'm not alone.

4W or 5 iron. Seldom hit these clubs (due to that I hit them crappy)

I have to change my statement....for some reason I have started to hit the 4W very well...so that club will not leave the bag anytime soon....5 iron is still crap though

5i for me, I tend to stray away from it and will club up and just grip down to hit the same number.

Strong Hybrid

Driving home from the KC event provided me some time to really think about where and how I had been spitting up shots so I've now been at 13 clubs for the past couple months. I had been playing both a 54* and a 58* and was never 100% confident I was using the RIGHT one on any given pitch, chip, or bunker shot. I ditched them both for a 56* SW and don't have those doubts when I'm addressing the little scoring shots anymore. The rare full 54* approaches I used to play are easily pulled off with my 50* AW. I'm waiting on a second hybrid to fill out my bag. I'm not a long hitter so having hybrids that cover two longish carry yardages just seemed to fit me better than having the two wedges at the bottom of my bag.

It would be easy to remove my 5 iron especially at my home course as I can't remember using it once in my last 8-10 rounds.

5I. I really only keep it in the bag because I can hit a nice punch shot under trees with it. I probably could use the 6 for tat. Can't hit it a whit off the grass and am a bit leery of pulling it off the tee.

1 hybrid. Off the tee on shorter holes the three hybrid will suffice. Any par 5 where I can't get there with a three hybrid laying up may be a better choice anyways.

4 iron. I maybe use it 1-2 times per round, unless I have to punch under trees.

60* wedge.

Back