Panda Tip: Play the release

Great Panda tip! Good reminder before a practice day! Thanks Freddie!

This weekend we had some storms go thru the area and give everything a good soaking. Check out the release on this 9i shot lol

I try to do this in theory. Unfortunately for me, as the clubs get longer, I'm just trying to make good contact with a certain shot shape and end up on the green.

I played the relase all weekend. I think I had my largest percentage of greens hit of the year over 36 holes. I missed more than few birdie putts.

Starting this season,I play the release as much as I can, but it is often easier said than done. Sometimes I have to play back on a tee shot, knowing that I can't keep a wedge from spinning off a particular green. But a lot does depend on the course, because on most away places I play, I don't get near the spin I do at my home track. Often I'll switch balls trying to find some kind of predictable release.

Screwy, this game is.

I am very guilty of not accounting for release especially on wedges - I am typically "long" when it comes to my approach shots - going to focus on this more instead of flying it too the hole...

Thanks for the tip Freddie!

Back