Haa haa haa, that is sooo true :good: Unfortunately, he plays the yellow Srixon Z-Stars, you can sort of find them easier if the grass doesn't eat them, so that's why he'll spend more time looking for them because they cost a pretty penny :nono:

Sorry, another side note: He seems to not lose his Titleist Pro-V1s but loses the yellow Srixon Z-stars all the time, go figure :confused2:

I will NEVER forget the two Srizon Z-Stars in a row over the fence left of the tee box... and you calling him chicken for not climbing the fence!

The course I play on base, they let you each take a cart if it's not busy (it never is).

We were walking that day, so no carts, but they still made her pay the green fee. Not very cool though :( I think the starter said that all players on the course need to pay regardless, in case people wonder, but no one cares or does wonder haa haa

You should have handed her a couple of clubs and said she was your caddie. I still think that it's pretty poor form to charge for a walk along companion, but there's no way that they could justify charging for a caddie.

That's why lots of courses have a sign by entries/exits about golfers only, no walkers/joggers, etc. Liability.

It's different when the jogger is not associated with any golfers. Then he or she is potentially in harm's way because they are in places at times where golfers playing their shots do not expect to see anyone. A person who is simply walking along with a group is no more in jeopardy than anyone else in the group. My course occasionally has a person who just wants to walk along for the fun of it.... that's perfectly allowable. We also have high school matches and tournaments where parents or friends walk along the golfers. There's never a charge for that.

We do NOT allow walkers or joggers on the course if they aren't with a paying group of golfers.

The few times that I have played when my wife went with me they charged a cart fee. I understand that they need revenue so I have no problem with it. As for you friend walking with you some people would say they are just walking with the group and then start playing after they get away from the clubhouse, so this just might be a way to discourage the unscrupulas from trying such tricks to not have to pay.

I guess it depends on whether or not your course allows singles to tee off with cart. If the course allows singles then a single has been offered a discount that is not available to you. If singles are forced to pair up then nobody has been offered a price or rate that has been made unavailable to the other.

Actually since I always walk the course I like to see the riders paired up. I see too many people out there racing around the course like their house was on fire. Slow play shoud be discouraged but in my view racing around the course like the game is based on fewest minutes instead of fewest strokes is just nuts. If those that play the game that way had their own carts they would turn the game into a form of motorized polo and never get out of the thing. You can just let somebody that is pressing play through but it has already been a pain in the neck by then.

The front nine of our course is wide open. Sometimes you can just watch a twosome or foursome blasting around the place from one shot to the next. That is just not golf anymore, not to me anyway.

Since you have to pay green fees and cart fees, but sometimes the cart fees are included with the green fees, why do you have to share a cart? If cart fees are the same per person, why wouldn't the BF and I be able to get our own carts? :confused2:

I'd actually prefer my own cart. I tend to keep my shots in the fairway while he's off in the rough, either far right or far left and always has to go hunting for his golf ball.
lmao
Its actually the other way around. He'll drop me off at my ball while he goes looking for his. I may as well just walk it. Nah, I don't help him look, if he would just hit it down the middle of the fairway, we wouldn't have a problem. But he spends sooo much time looking for his ball that it drives me crazy :nono: He'll drop me off and I'll take 2-3 clubs with me + my putter :D
man thats messed up
Side note: When my friend was pregnant, she went to the golf course with us but she wasn't able to play (she just wanted to hang out with us), but she stilll had to still pay green fees.
thats just wrong... if they were that bent over it they shoulda charged her 2 greens fees... one for her an another for the fetus
I don't get that... charging for the cart, yes, but not for green fees. My course will get money any way they can, but they still don't charge green fees for a ride along.
yeah i dont get it either

If I am paired with someone like your BF, I will just sit my bag between my knees in the cart, ride down to my ball, get out with my bag and let them go hunting. I will play my shot, shoulder my bag and walk to the green. After everyone holes out, I will return to the cart and repeat the process. I get some exercise, don't get frustrated, have all my clubs with me all the time, and I don't have to walk the long distances between green and the next tee. Win-win for everybody.

Back