Online Golf Video Game

I brought something, but I don't think it was my game. (windy!)

I brought something, but I don't think it was my game. (windy!)

I just brought my A game and barely squeeked by. We'll see if it holds up.

damn 69 and 71! I'm lucky to stay in the low 80's on most of the courses! I have to give it go and embarsse myself here soon

Who is up for a match tournamnet? Since you can't setup it on WGT we can run the brackets and schedule matches here and report back. Post up if you are in, I'll set up a bracket.

Rd 1 St Andrews
Rd 2 Kiawah Island
Rd 3 Bethpage
Final Oakmont

I'm in, bring it on!!!

Honestly, one of my biggest complains about this game are that there doesn't seem to be any player development asides from "put money in to buy fake equipment and you'll get better." I've been playing a decent amount of tiger woods online and find that aspect of the game to be much better (being able to upgrade your play without having to spend money to buy fake equipment)...though only having access to the one course without paying is kind of annoying.

Who is up for a match tournamnet? Since you can't setup it on WGT we can run the brackets and schedule matches here and report back. Post up if you are in, I'll set up a bracket.

Rd 1 St Andrews
Rd 2 Kiawah Island
Rd 3 Bethpage
Final Oakmont

sure I'll play...I can't putt at all in this game

My biggest improvements have come as a result of course management. Playing to an 80 or 100 yard second shot, knowing where to be on the fairway, knowing the greens, etc. Yes upgrading equipment helps. I found TW so unrealistic that is was unappealing, WGT is at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Honestly, one of my biggest complains about this game are that there doesn't seem to be any player development asides from "put money in to buy fake equipment and you'll get better." I've been playing a decent amount of tiger woods online and find that aspect of the game to be much better (being able to upgrade your play without having to spend money to buy fake equipment)...though only having access to the one course without paying is kind of annoying.

I hear ya bmck, I think is a cleaver way to get golf fans to spend money on a frustrating game. I refuse to upgrade, if you can figure out the putting you can go low, it just takes time.

Played TripleBog in a match yesterday, very fun, way better than the regular stuff.

Agreed, still think there should be a "concede the hole" button, sometimes I mess up and it takes me 4 or more to get on when the other person knocks it stiff in 2.

I'd play in a tourney, just let me know.

The only time where I get really frustrated is when I physically can NOT reach a par four in 2. I realize I have crappy equipment but from the reds it should ALWAYS be possible.

I also get really upset when a short tap in doesn't fall- even though it seems it was struck well enough.

I'd play in a tourney, just let me know.

The only time where I get really frustrated is when I physically can NOT reach a par four in 2. I realize I have crappy equipment but from the reds it should ALWAYS be possible.

I also get really upset when a short tap in doesn't fall- even though it seems it was struck well enough.

Welcome to my world! I actually find that this game with the crap equipment plays pretty similar to real life for me. On the standard tee's playing into the wind there are some par 4's I just can't reach. Not sure if the reds in are equal to ladies tee's or standard tee's in this game though.

Not falling in when you hit the put perfectly from less than a foot sucks. I think that must be part of the programming for the crap putter.

Last edited:
Nice round RxGus! I'll see if I can avoid the 10's next time!

Ok guys a new one is up, super fast greens this time. Don't punch your computer, just go as low as you can.

Cheers,
Wingnut

Online Golf Video Game

Thought I would pass this along.

World Golf Tour, the free-to-play, true-to-life online golf game, has partnered with Celtic Manor to make the Twenty Ten course of the Ryder Cup available for everyone to play – virtually – and in an online tournament.

World Golf Tour has launched two free online games on The Twenty Ten course:

• Celtic Manor Challenge – A free online tournament running now through October 15th features a nine-hole closest-to-the-hole competition highlighting the most interesting shots on The Twenty Ten course. The Grand Prize winner, selected at random, will receive a trip for two people to Celtic Manor in South Wales, UK, including airfare, four-nights lodging, and three rounds of golf on The Twenty Ten, The Montgomerie and Roman Road courses. The Celtic Manor Challenge is free to enter with unlimited play and registration at www.wgt.com/celticmanor.

• Drive The 15th Experience – The reachable par four 15th hole on The Twenty Ten course is one of the most discussed holes at this year’s Ryder Cup. With matches on the line, many pros from Team USA and Team Europe are likely to attempt this daring shot, which is through a gap in the trees and over a gully directly to the green. The “Drive The 15th Experience” is free with unlimited play and no registration at www.wgt.com/celticmanor.

Thanks Hacker.

Soup for you!

World Golf Tour (Golf Game)

World Golf Tour (Golf Game)

This is by far the best golf game I have played on the internet. Basically just like xbox/Playstation golf but on the computer. You can buy clubs if you want as your level up or just play with the stater set they give you. You can buy clubs from $1 all the way to a package deal of $35 or so, but by no means do you have to. Its very fun, a little challenging at first but you get the hang of it.

Free to sign up
Website- http://www.wgt.com/

Game modes

Stroke play- Play by yourself either on Practice or scored (Use practice when you first start out, to get the hang of it, scored brings down your ranking, you start at 150 and goes down as you shoot better)

Match play- Play against 1 other person, Ranked or practice

Alternate shot- Play with a Partner against 2 other people in an alternate shot game. Really fun format

Tournaments- Once you get a little better you can enter tournaments and win real money and use it to upgrade your clubs. There $1 to enter and some people have won up to $16500 in tournament money, you get $5 for each win and some may be worth more than others.

If you get good enough they have a little Ryder cup format and get all the best people in the world for a Ryder cup tournament. Anyone in the world can sign up, if you decide to purchase clubs, balls, clothes for your golfer they use paypal.

Its really fun and a great time killer.

Me and forum member ripper currently are playing on there
Our names on there are
BridgesTHP
RipperTHP

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to help you out.

Very fun game, but I do not play very often. I believe I am aggro on there, but I am not certain. It may be jacobhrobertson.

I'm on there too, Bridges, as Flooder. There's also a THP Country club you can join although I've never run into anyone else when I was on there.

I'm on there too, Bridges, as Flooder. There's also a THP Country club you can join although I've never run into anyone else when I was on there.

Sweet, I will look you up. Is there anyone members of the country club?

edit: I just found the country club, there is quite a few forum members that play. Although it says they havent played in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back