Lost control with SuperStroke grips?

Trey3d

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently tried to move to the 2.0 slim and mid and lost all distance control and confidence. Has anyone had the same thing? I did add weight to my Black series Tour design #4, and it is not the weight of the head. Anyone else have the same situation?

Not me. The move to the 3.0 was the best thing I ever did. Everything is subjective. All you can do is try until you find something that works.

Not. I'm good with a 1.0 or the 2.0

I put 20 grams of lead tape under a couple of my 2.0 grips that are on putters with higher gram head weights. Just ran a 10" strip of high density tape down each side on the shaft under the grip. Balanced out those putter a lot better than with just a light 50 gram grip.

I put 20 grams of lead tape under a couple of my 2.0 grips that are on putters with higher gram head weights. Just ran a 10" strip of high density tape down each side on the shaft under the grip. Balanced out those putter a lot better than with just a light 50 gram grip.

Did the Flatso 2.0 and shortened the shaft to 1/2 inch to 33.5...same balance more control...I found the additional lead under the grip slowed my putts, and they broke too much. It felt good, heavier, balanced and smooth, but took a bigger back swing to get the same result. I did not give it enough time perhaps. How long / time have you taken to adjust to the extra weight?

I have a black tour design 6. My distance control was awesome with a pistol grip, but I moved to Fatso 5 and I might have improved. Took a little adjusting but I'm definitely sinking more putts and lagging nicely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Certain ones with certain putters, yes. Some putters I can completely lose the feel of the head by putting on a superstroke. Sometimes a superstroke helps though. weird fickle thing, putters are. I've moved away from super strokes recently though because of it.

Did the Flatso 2.0 and shortened the shaft to 1/2 inch to 33.5...same balance more control...I found the additional lead under the grip slowed my putts, and they broke too much. It felt good, heavier, balanced and smooth, but took a bigger back swing to get the same result. I did not give it enough time perhaps. How long / time have you taken to adjust to the extra weight?
I put lead tape under the grips of 2 of my putters pretty much immediately after putting 2.0's on them after I realized the heads felt a little heavy for my liking. First tried a trimmed down clevis pin in the butt of one of the putters prior to trying the lead tape. Pretty much immediately after I put the pin in and grip back on, I realized why I did not like the feel of all the weight in the extreme butt end and changed it to lead tape to distribute the weight across the length on the grip.

i have my second putter with an ss, and i still don't like it. i'll be changing to something more traditional.

To each his own I guess, but I've improved a lot adding a SS grip

Put a stock type grip back on, made 2 birdies on the back. I like it a lot better, O well.

I changed from conventional to SS slim last year. Like it overall, but was annoyed that they have a reverse taper at the top. I wanted constant diameter from top to bottom.

Put a stock type grip back on, made 2 birdies on the back. I like it a lot better, O well.

yeah, i put a more traditional grip on my putter and i've been making better strokes as well. it's why options are good.

I've found the 3.0 is perfect for me. Slimmer grip doesn't feel right. I tried the 5.0 Fatso and that is where I lost all distance control.

I recently made a putter switch to a Cleveland 2 (basically an Odyssey #9 shape) paired with a SS 1.0. Funny thing is, I'd been awful with a 1.0 attached to a different putter, but this combination has been awesome in the early going. It really does come down to the right putter attached to the right grip, at the right weight and length for your swing. Putters brings out the inveterate tinkerer in a lot of us, lol.

Back