Favorite Set Of Irons Ever - And Why You Changed

Honestly, my current set. And I won't change until something betters it. Great combo of forgiveness and feel.

Aesthetically, my favorite had to be the Adams CMB's. One of the best looking sets I've ever seen. Just not enough forgiveness.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Apex CF16s! Lord they feel good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPX 850 Forged and I haven't changed.

My two favorite are a tie... CB3's (still in the bag) and i20s. The i20s, I sold just to scratch an itch for another set of irons. Still kicking myself to this day.

My current Srixon Z545s. I was playing a custom built set of Snake Eyes for 15 years. Glad I made the switch. I was due. My game has improved a lot.

Cleveland launchers were the first serious set of irons that I bought. They're memorable in that way.

My Mizuno MP 52's are the first forged semi blades that I bought.

Both I can still hit well.

For me, Ping ISI's, green dot, Nickel. Played them for a few seasons, they are still in the garage. Played some of my best golf with them. When I could actually hit the ball they produced some of the best distance I've ever had with my irons. Ultimately I changed for some more forgiveness and feel which set out a decade adventure on GI irons before I finally learned that I needed a thinner sole iron to compensate for my angle of attack.

Probably my G15s. I've tried to recapture the magic with the G30 but they just didn't work for me.

I got rid of them due to the fact that I'm a huge tinkerer, and my game is probably the worse for it.

The Burner 2.0 is still my favorite iron. Not sure why I ever got rid of them.

My current set.

Titleist 690s. I like shiny new things

Taylormade 300 forged. Changed for more forgiveness but those were beautiful irons.

Of the sets I have owned my Favorite set has been the JPX-EZ's that are still in my bag.

My favorite set was Taylor Made r7 TP's with project X 6.0.

Favorite set I've owned? My current bridgestone J15 CB's. If I do end up getting rid of them, it will probably be to have something with a set gap wedge or if I decide to get a little more forgiving irons...oh and shiny. I like new and shiny.

I don't know that I could possibly answer this. There are SO many good irons out there right now, that there could be many on my list.

I've had a blast with the Bridgestone J15 CB irons this year, although I had a fun talk about the J40 CBs today and they are still so good.

FG Tour V4's by a landslide. Only reason they aren't in the bag right now is because the wider sole of the C100's is helpful during the monsoon months.

My Ping i5 irons with kinda funny story with them

I sold this set on ebay to try something different. Well the new set didn't work as well so off to ebay to find another set of i5 irons.
Found a set with my specs, bought them and when I received them they looked eerily similar to the set I sold. Sure enough, after checking my records for the serial numbers of my old set, I found these were EXACTLY the same set I had sold previously. What are the odds of this?

I have since reshafted them with XCaliber graphite shafts and they will not leave here again. Someone was trying to tell me something and I heard the message loud and clear. :angel:

I do love irons

I really enjoyed a set of macregor pro-c with Nippon 1150gh. just not enough forgiveness to hold onto as my game started to go downhill.

my current j15 df are awesome. I might tweak a bit, and then might switch to cf16 because those are so awesome.

but there isn't a set of irons I've gamed that I miss and wish I kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol you only had like four of the irons left when you went to the Razr X forged

This is true. They got their use that's for sure

My favorite are my current gamers, Bridgestone J40 DPC's. Simple design, good performance and they just seemed to click for me right from the get go.

Besides the set I have now, I would say it was my TaylorMade SpeedBlades. A fantastic set for all sorts of skill levels

Besides the set I have now, I would say it was my TaylorMade SpeedBlades. A fantastic set for all sorts of skill levels

I wouldn't say the SpeedBlades were my favorite, but I would say that I think I gave up on them far too quickly. To date, they're the only piece of gear I regret getting rid of.

I wouldn't say the SpeedBlades were my favorite, but I would say that I think I gave up on them far too quickly. To date, they're the only piece of gear I regret getting rid of.
Ragrets? I've got a set available :)

Back