for those skiers out there

for those skiers out there

That's not bad for a place called "Summerland" lol
But I remember how badly BC struggled for snow for the Olympics. That was a shame what happened that year.

Yeah down at the coast the hills can struggle to get snow but here in the interior the mountains have been white for a month, another local has 210cm base (82.6")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even going to lie, I tried my boots on recently in hopes something would click lol very quickly I starting sweating due to the 60° weather tho haha

Funny I brought his up because shortly afterwards I found out my good friend is taking the fam to Okemo (VT) tomoro through next thurs. I then heard they're expecting a big snow storm on Tues:) . But after checking the weather it now looks more rain with a wintery mix at best with only one day below freezing. I feel bad they're not gonna have much of a ski week at all. A lot of bucks , What can ya do?? Its their only common time as a family they can find for now. I am hoping somehow something good happens for them and as for me hoping by MLK weekend otherwise I wont even bother till february.

This year is the total opposite of last year when out West we had virtually no snow and the East was getting pummeled...this year our skiing is incredible so far and the East is getting the shaft.

Come out West! :D

Anybody want to take a trip out west in a month or two?

Anybody want to take a trip out west in a month or two?

I would love to take a trip out west............. in a week, and also a month from now, and also another week after that and another month after that. But just dreams for me at this point. lol

One of my friends posted this of my local resort in WNY.

d0f35170938b5c1920401d9f98a4471c.jpg

My girlfriend convinced me to ski with her this year. So in three days I'll be strapping on the boards for the first time in 25 years. Keystone has 40" base and growing so the conditions will be great. I hope it's like riding a bike and I'll make it through the day.

All of you East coast guys have got to try skiing out west if you haven't before.

My girlfriend convinced me to ski with her this year. So in three days I'll be strapping on the boards for the first time in 25 years. Keystone has 40" base and growing so the conditions will be great. I hope it's like riding a bike and I'll make it through the day.

All of you East coast guys have got to try skiing out west if you haven't before.
That's awesome!

And yeah, this is why everyone should come west. Baker looked like this on Thursday:

a2a7a0ac3172e5271bb56f8c634158ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ive got a foot of snow in my front yard. Too bad i HATE skiing. I wont be golfing till lord knows when. ?

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

Ive got a foot of snow in my front yard. Too bad i HATE skiing. I wont be golfing till lord knows when. 

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

I could understand no interest in skiing, or never tried skiing, or just not your thing, but HATE? I don't get. Just kind of strange I never heard anyone say they hate skiing.

I could understand no interest in skiing, or never tried skiing, or just not your thing, but HATE? I don't get. Just kind of strange I never heard anyone say they hate skiing.
Well, now you have!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well, now you have!

Why would you hate an activity you dont do haha so you dont do it, big deal but to absolutely hate it seems just kinda stupid.

I golfed on Weds and Thursday. If I want to ski I only need to drive an hour north.

I think there was a weekend the end of last year where I skied up in the mountains and played golf down on the cape. It was fantastic, but my legs were dead at the end of it.

Why would you hate an activity you dont do haha so you dont do it, big deal but to absolutely hate it seems just kinda stupid.
I dont do it because I've tried it. I've tried to like it. My friends have got me out on the mountain a few times to give it a go. I have made enough of an attempt at liking it to know that I hate it.

Even when the skiing is good in the east it sucks, you gotta move west. Nothing like having Vail as a day ski destination.

Even when the skiing is good in the east it sucks, you gotta move west. Nothing like having Vail as a day ski destination.

well, unfortunately we cant live our lives based on our choice of recreations. At least most people cant. Too many ties and obligations to just pick up and move especially career wise not to mention family. I've always (since a kid) had a thing for wanting to live in the rockies, or so called "john Denver" country haha. It must be a beautiful place to live. I actually always want to move to wherever I have been on vacations too. Although once one is settled in and going about the routines of daily life and earning a living and raising a family the infatuation wares off quickly and things become normal. The constant hustle and bustle of a NY metropolitan area (working and living in or very near by) does take a toll on one. But my roots and obligations are all here at this juncture in my life. Not a choice I have right now.

But as for skiing, it is what it is. So you take what you get and make the best of it. Cant cry over what you don't have access to. Unfortunately we can cry right now at the fact that there is no snow but again what can ya do? Skiing here in genral doesn't compare I know. I been to the alps twice so I do know what ski country is like. Unfortunately I am not in it and one gets use to having whatever skiing is available. Just like one gets use to having whatever golf is available. You got what you got wherever you are and so it seems normal to you. Perhaps when skiing is good here we can have a greater appreciation for it because its not too often. Ya just have to find ways and reasons to make the best of what one has at his disposal.

That's a pretty broad statement. Yes yes we get it, we don't have the elevation and vertical you do or snowfall totals (although Jay Peak won last year) but it certainly doesnt just "suck". This year it absolutely sucks lol we have no snow but normally it's a blast. You just sound snooty saying omg everything but CO sucks boo hoo.

New England can be really awesome on a good snow year. And skiing in the east makes you a much better skier from a technique standpoint because in order to set an edge on ice, you better be strong and your technique better be good. Skiing powder and lighter crud is way more forgiving from a technique standpoint, especially with modern smeary fat skis.

New England can be really awesome on a good snow year. And skiing in the east makes you a much better skier from a technique standpoint because in order to set an edge on ice, you better be strong and your technique better be good. Skiing powder and lighter crud is way more forgiving from a technique standpoint, especially with modern smeary fat skis.
God I freaking love the fact that you actually get it and are a true skier. We would have a blast together no matter where it was dude.

God I freaking love the fact that you actually get it and are a true skier. We would have a blast together no matter where it was dude.
I hope we get to ski together sometime man!

I hope we get to ski together sometime man!

You don't know how much I would enjoy getting out there right now!

And so....we finally get some weather here that allows the blowers to do their thing. Although even a moderate snow storm (ya know like 4 to6 or something) would be a great booster and base setter to get things rolling even more. Unless we do get something to make things worthwhile I don't think I'll be looking to spend the bucks nor the time for a MLK ski weekend this year.

Just booked the rest of my trip for Stowe up in Feb. Hopefully I can get out before then - the mountains here have at least been able to make snow the past week.

148001d9aa293f091ecf225b5f0990aa.jpg

Midwest Skiing... Open 4 runs and the place goes crazy.

Back