for those skiers out there

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
this weather in the northeast, while great for winter golf is just a bummer for any hops of skiing especially the Poconos as well as the Catskills and heck, even Vermont. This is just bad. I mean it can get cold right now and (unless we get some storms) still wont be good skiing for a month at least. I got new skis last year and got my 2 teens new skis for Xmas but if this keeps up we wont be having any ski days to really use them.

I mean we've had our warmer years and late start years but this isn't even close to anything I can remember. I had Xmas at my house today with extended family and man I actually had to put the A/C on for a few hours as I was preparing dinner and as we ate. I mean for new Jersey in even a warmer December this is just ridiculous. Put my air on for Christmas day? ooofah, again great for off season golf but this is just too much. I wan to get some skiing in sooner or later without having to drive many hours and even then not being so great.

I here on you this. I live in Michigan and we had 60 degrees this week. I have 2 weeks off for the holidays before I head back to work with very little chance of getting any snowboarding in. So I'm super bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come out to Colorado, we are getting dumped on out here.

Arizona has some great skiing conditions. Flagstaff is buried.

I feel for you. We had 4 consecutive bad years until this year. I'd rather ski than golf so I'm glad it looks like a banner year in N. California.

Yeah I'm a fanatic and this year is just a total bust. Sucks because things are wet and muddy so the courses near me are closed but there's no snow for any resorts to open. Pretty much have to go bowling lol

Climate change has its benefits, depending on what you call "benefits".
Lake Mead is ridiculously low - there are islands in that lake that have never before seen sunlight while humans walked the planet.

I golfed on Weds and Thursday. If I want to ski I only need to drive an hour north.

I golfed on Weds and Thursday. If I want to ski I only need to drive an hour north.
Where is that? Honestly because I want to ski haha

Where is that? Honestly because I want to ski haha
I know Gore is open, not everything but they have trails up.

I know Gore is open, not everything but they have trails up.
They have 4 trails with a 5" base depth haha not worth the trip brotha. It's a sad situation in the east right now but I do wonder if it'll continue or we'll get hit hard in Jan / Feb and have it stretched to like mid april.

Come out to Colorado, we are getting dumped on out here.

glad for you guys out west. I wish I could just pick up and head on over lol but of course its more complicated than that. Hey, who knows maybe we'll get lucky and have a really good skiing Feb, and march. We (my fam) only get in a couple ski weekends as it is and then when possible a day trip here and there. Usually MLK weekend is a trip but to be honest I just don't see that happening or being anything (ski wise) worth the time and money. last year was quite the opposite. VT had a good early season last year.

They have 4 trails with a 5" base depth haha not worth the trip brotha. It's a sad situation in the east right now but I do wonder if it'll continue or we'll get hit hard in Jan / Feb and have it stretched to like mid april.
No I wouldn't make the trip either. I didn't say it would be great skiing. But the option is there if I wanted to. Honestly I'd rather golf. I can't remember the last time I went skiing before Christmas.

glad for you guys out west. I wish I could just pick up and head on over lol but of course its more complicated than that. Hey, who knows maybe we'll get lucky and have a really good skiing Feb, and march. We (my fam) only get in a couple ski weekends as it is and then when possible a day trip here and there. Usually MLK weekend is a trip but to be honest I just don't see that happening or being anything (ski wise) worth the time and money. last year was quite the opposite. VT had a good early season last year.
I lived at Bolton Valley resort in 2013 and it's sad to see their status for even opening is slim lol Mad River is a total bust too. They posted this picture so at least they have some humor
7fa23d01c4b2ed30b81dde43f7cd6d71.jpg

Checked Stowe as they usually have a good amount of snow. They have the most trails open at 20 but the sad part is their base. Says snowmaking is 6-18" and natural snow is ZERO. Lol omg it's awful. Guess I'll need to find a way out west

yea that's pretty funny. But in reality give them credit for trying to blow something and having a sense of humor while drawing no income. There are actually trees budding in NJ. Even I have a cerry blossom . Its the type that blooms in spring and also in the fall. The fall bloom is usually a very late September or October thing and yet its in full bloom right now. Its funny cause I have xmas lights on the tree and little pink flowers are all over it. Its pretty fwiw but just not normal.

No I wouldn't make the trip either. I didn't say it would be great skiing. But the option is there if I wanted to. Honestly I'd rather golf. I can't remember the last time I went skiing before Christmas.
Our tradition has always been to ski on xmas so it's a bummer for sure. Last year was a night and day difference

yea that's pretty funny. But in reality give them credit for trying to blow something and having a sense of humor while drawing no income. There are actually trees budding in NJ. Even I have a cerry blossom . Its the type that blooms in spring and also in the fall. The fall bloom is usually a very late September or October thing and yet its in full bloom right now. Its funny cause I have xmas lights on the tree and little pink flowers are all over it. Its pretty fwiw but just not normal.
Oh I give them tons of credit, I'm sure their crew is busting their butts to give locals some terrain. Certainly not an easy situation, I feel like some of these resorts should of tried to keep the golf courses open haha

Checked Stowe as they usually have a good amount of snow. They have the most trails open at 20 but the sad part is their base. Says snowmaking is 6-18" and natural snow is ZERO. Lol omg it's awful. Guess I'll need to find a way out west

yea , its just not worth the expense and time. We often talk about the required resources of time and money for golf but skiing is certainly a recreation where things must be worth it in order to go especially for a whole family. Funs and time limit it enough for me as it is. Its just not worth it unless things greatly improve over the next month.

yea , its just not worth the expense and time. We often talk about the required resources of time and money for golf but skiing is certainly a recreation where things must be worth it in order to go especially for a whole family. Funs and time limit it enough for me as it is. Its just not worth it unless things greatly improve over the next month.
Definitely. We'll see, maybe things will turn around but who knows. I'm a bit sour because my local courses closed so I need to travel to play golf as well haha.

142cm base at our local mountain, so peeps will be flocking there this week

142cm base at our local mountain, so peeps will be flocking there this week

That's not bad for a place called "Summerland" lol
But I remember how badly BC struggled for snow for the Olympics. That was a shame what happened that year.

Southern BC, and thats the worst hill right now around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn you being just about as far away as possible lol

Back