Do you tee it up on par 3s?

I always tee it up if allowed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always tee it up. You get one shot on every hole that you're allowed to put on a perfect lie, why waste it?

Always

I always do.

Absolutely do tee it up.

Always. In fact, I don't think I have ever not teed it up.

I don't know Jack and I still tee it up 100% of the time.

If I'm hitting something longer than a 7 iron I do. Otherwise I smack a little rise into the ground and put the ball on that.

I always do

I didn't used to but now I do unless I'm being lazy. Jack said anytime you can tee it up, do so!

I still dont tee it up on par 3's even if Im hitting a hybird but I feel like such a goober not heeding golden bear's advice. lol. For somereason I always feel like Im gonna thin it off a tee. I take my club and smack the ground giving me a little mound and put the ball there. I feel like when placed on the ground I can get down and through the ball better. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I have the option to tee it up I always do!

Every time. We have a short par 3 at my course of about 115m and i even tee it up for a 3/4 wedge shot, the rules give me that chance so im taking it.

I always tee up

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

The only ball I ever tee up is a Driver. Everything else just goes on the ground. I like to hit from the ground as much as possible because every other ball you ever hit on the course is on the ground as well so your swing may as well be the same for everything.

I still dont tee it up on par 3's even if Im hitting a hybird but I feel like such a goober not heeding golden bear's advice. lol. For somereason I always feel like Im gonna thin it off a tee. I take my club and smack the ground giving me a little mound and put the ball there. I feel like when placed on the ground I can get down and through the ball better. Any advice would be appreciated.

The same principal applies on a teed up ball. The tee gives you that cushion to sweep or hit down on the ball. It's all in your head and once it's there it's reality. I would just tee the ball up when at the range and work on your motion through the ball. Then when at the course it will be old hat.

Fwiw I used to make the mound as well and did the week before last. I left my shot short and right. Tee the ball up when ever the rules allow it.

That sounds like great advice, thank you very much. I will definitely work on this at the range and my next range session.

Always

I always tee it up from the tee box. Perfect lie every time.

I've always used a tee, usually a broken one. I tee hybrids and fairways a little bit higher, wedges lower, but I tee everything. Even though I've always teed em, I remember testing tee vs no tee at the range many years ago. The consistent improvement in contact with a tee (wedges through long irons) confirmed that route for me.

Yes, every single time. Any time I can improve my lie within the rules I will try to take advantage of that.

JM

I don't always tee it up, just depends on the tee box and the shot I want to hit.

Yes with one exception, if I am using any club shorter then PW. I cannot hit GW, SW, or LW off a tee.

I always tee it up on par 3's but sometimes I use a 3-wood off the deck on par 4's if I'm trying to hit a tiger stinger. The key word is trying lol. Was playing with the superintendent last summer and I did that and he didn't like it that much. I barely brushed the grass and he said "now I know where all the divots are from on the driving holes" then he proceeds to drop kick his driver about 6 inches behind the tee. He looked at me and I said "no comment" haha

I think it was Arnold's dad, that said never miss an opportunity to put the ball on a peg ...

I play with many people that don't do it, even with a long iron, but me personally I'm under the belief that if you can tee it up you do it. Even if it's a wedge. What about you?

I don't tee it "up", I tee it down, but I do use a tee with all clubs. I can't see any justification not to give myself a perfect lie when the rules allow it. I don't tee it the same for all clubs though, and not all par 3 holes are iron shots.

For irons I tee very low, the ball will be touching the grass even on a tightly mowed tee box. To look at it you might not think there was a tee.

For my 7 wood, it raise it maybe 1/8" higher, and for 5 wood a touch higher yet, but still very close to touching the grass. All I want is a lie that lets me easily make perfect contact with the ball.

I have gone through periods when I struggled hitting any woods but driver off a tee. When I get into one of those modes, I'll play a couple of rounds without teeing up the FW woods, and that seems to get me over it. I struggled a lot with teeing the ball when hitting with hybrids, one of the reasons that I no longer have any of them in my bag.

Back