THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

There are so many Great courses to choose from in the area too. NC ... Pinehurst area for one. VA ... Williamsburg area, Northern VA area. MD ... Northwest MD and of course the eastern shore.
I don't know what your criteria is for choosing a course but you have a daunting task!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't wait for this! Hoping my name gets called. The Carolina get together on Jan 3rd is a little more exciting now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure I need some adult beverages in there as well somewhere if I am going to flip a tire.

Patrick can warm up while we do a few 16oz curls to get ready to win!

As jealous as I am CO was not part of the RR this year, I’m super stoked for the fells in these areas. You all will have an unforgettable and epic event. Look forward to reading live updates when this happens.

Another great choice! So many exceptional THPers with the opportunity to represent their regions.

I often told my kids while in sports. People who talk trash take out the garbage.

While I like a little banter back and forth, I'd much rather see people posting what they will be doing to get their games ready to represent. How they will bring it to and on the forum, and what it will be like to represent a region.

I can tell you from my perspective that having gone in to an event with a game that was solid and a handicap that was at it's lowest point ever, it still wasn't enough for the sweep. I'm evaluating all of it right now as well as my current game so this week should bring answers I'm looking for.

I an tell you from my perspective that having gone in to an event with a game that was solid and a handicap that was at it's lowest point ever, it still wasn't enough for the sweep. I'm evaluating all of it right now as well as my current game so this week should bring answers I'm looking for.
Hoping we both make it in to this Trout. Woulkd be an absolute blast going against you and the other Carolina boys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I hope we make it too, there are so many great guys on both sides though it's going to be tough.

Man they could have this at the worst course in any of the states and I'd be on it lol. I can say with 100% honesty, I'm excited to pick up a club right now.

Hearing that passion is great news for the Carolinas. Hopefully we will get out to the course more in 2016.

Man they must smoke that good stuff down in Wilmington :dazed:

Haha. I was just stirring the pot so to speak. I know you all have serious game and it will be an epic showdown before regions.

Plus, I didn't inhale.

No matter who wins or where this is played at it should be required that for dinner we have Carolina BBQ, Maryland Crab Cakes, and Virginia Ham.

Yes, please. Sign me up for that.

Seeing an energized Trout is great thing! We may not be on the same team, but it makes me happy to see. Smooth for days.

Hearing that passion is great news for the Carolinas. Hopefully we will get out to the course more in 2016.

Haha. I was just stirring the pot so to speak. I know you all have serious game and it will be an epic showdown before regions.

Plus, I didn't inhale.

Yes, please. Sign me up for that.
Guess I need to get my butt in gear getting down to play one of these weekends.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Plus, I didn't inhale.

Given your choice of avatar I question the veracity of your last statement :D

Any one in say the Richmond/VaBeach/Eastern NC trying to play tomorrow? I was going to make a tee time at one of the many courses in those areas if someone wants to play with me.

Let me know. Wish I was joining you all at the Dormie Club. With the kiddo and my wife working weekends, my schedule isn't as flexible as it used to be.

Still pumped for this. I will be working on all aspects of my game this winter. Full swing is coming back around and main focus will be on shirt game and putting because that's where daggers get placed in an opponent when they think they have a hole won.

Congrats guys! Texas boys wanted this bad so do us and THP proud. We will be watching and rooting at the same time! Congrats!

Thanks buddy.

just went through the whole they read again and just like the other two RRs there is some good support from across this community. Hope I get the chance to rep and bring it for you guys.

Still pumped for this. I will be working on all aspects of my game this winter. Full swing is coming back around and main focus will be on shirt game and putting because that's where daggers get placed in an opponent when they think they have a hole won.
LOL!! So guess I had better work on this as well, to quote Wesley Snipes in White Men Can't Jump...."if you can't play good, you gotta look good"

But on topic, so excited to see barely 12 hours after the announcement that we have 10 pages of posts. Definitely shows these two regions are ready to represent, and the interest and thanks from the rest of the county is really cool to see as well.

Wow, I've been away for a few months and come back to this! Looks like it will be a great event. I need to get my game in shape, in case I get the chance to represent Team Carolinas!

I am genuinely thrilled to see DC/MD/VA in the Regional Rivalry. Based on the discussions at our local outings, I know how much the event was anticipated and how much was the desire to participate. So now that you have what you wanted, permit to quote Adrian from Rocky II "Win, Win" As the elder statesman for the region, be assured I will be pulling for you.

May I also congratulate the THP folks in the Carolinas. While I must support my guys, I'm sure it will be a gentleman's contest with proper sportsmanship enjoyed by all, that's just a Southern thing.

I am genuinely thrilled to see DC/MD/VA in the Regional Rivalry. Based on the discussions at our local outings, I know how much the event was anticipated and how much was the desire to participate. So now that you have what you wanted, permit to quote Adrian from Rocky II "Win, Win" As the elder statesman for the region, be assured I will be pulling for you.

May I also congratulate the THP folks in the Carolinas. While I must support my guys, I'm sure it will be a gentleman's contest with proper sportsmanship enjoyed by all, that's just a Southern thing.
Ummmh, you are talking like you're not part of this region or not going to try and get in. Trust me, a few of us had a conversation the other night, on how your game would be PERFECT for this event, anyone would be thrilled to have you as a partner, sold tee and short game, goes a long way in these events.

I often told my kids while in sports. People who talk trash take out the garbage.

While I like a little banter back and forth, I'd much rather see people posting what they will be doing to get their games ready to represent. How they will bring it to and on the forum, and what it will be like to represent a region.

I'm with you Kev! I prefer to let my actions do the talking on the field / course! That said - NEVER take that for a lack of competitiveness - I can assure you nothing is further from the truth - hell, I even hate losing at UNO! I have identified some areas of concern, and I WILL have a plan in place to make them strengths. I'm all for any practice time, rounds, etc with any DMVers to prepare for this - cannot wait!

Uhhh...Mr. Wahoo - you know your 18 fairways out of 18 fairways stats, 1 yard deviance on all shots, are perfect for these type of events!?

You can always play up here Ron - some scouting you know lol!

For all of us trying to get into this let me leave you with a quote I heard several years ago and what we tell our baseball team every year. "Judge your accomplishments not on what you have done, but on what you should have done". So lets get out there guys and work hard.

Have you played Westpark in Leesburg? That track would make you think twice, for sure.

What are you talking about? That has to be in the top 5 of choices to play!

HA ... NOT! A serious dirt track is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back