THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

This looks like a lot of fun! Don't know much about these events. Is there a place to sign up for it. I would love to play and I live in Maryland...

Joe

This looks like a lot of fun! Don't know much about these events. Is there a place to sign up for it. I would love to play and I live in Maryland...

Joe
Signup info hasn't been put out yet. But keep your eye on this thread, everything you need to know will be posted here I'm sure.

It'd be great to have you throw your hat in the ring for this one.

I am genuinely thrilled to see DC/MD/VA in the Regional Rivalry. Based on the discussions at our local outings, I know how much the event was anticipated and how much was the desire to participate. So now that you have what you wanted, permit to quote Adrian from Rocky II "Win, Win" As the elder statesman for the region, be assured I will be pulling for you.

May I also congratulate the THP folks in the Carolinas. While I must support my guys, I'm sure it will be a gentleman's contest with proper sportsmanship enjoyed by all, that's just a Southern thing.
Team DMV will need your savvy veteran leadership!

True temper is awesome for getting in on this, much appreciation and respect for those folks. Thanks True Temper!!
My sentiments exactly! TT are the best shafts around and I would love to see how these great shafts are constructed first hand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Joe

Like all THP Events, the info will be in the first post.
The other two Regional Rivalry threads have a bunch of info in there already (throughout the thread) on how selections are done, etc if people are looking for information early.

Uhhh...Mr. Wahoo - you know your 18 fairways out of 18 fairways stats, 1 yard deviance on all shots, are perfect for these type of events!?

While I appreciate the confidence that CAA-Beat and you have in me, I think my age is catching up with me. I'm not sure how I would do playing more than 18 holes in a day. Additionally, I am experiencing a bit of a health concern that my doctors and I don't currently understand. A couple of Sundays ago, I was playing with some buds, I was just standing on the tee waiting for my turn when I found myself laying on the ground with no real warning I passed out for a few seconds. My nurse wife does not want me to play again until I find out why that happened. Unfortunately, I must agree with her. DC/MD/VA will have no problem fielding an eight member team, moreover, it should be the best team available. Until such time as I feel I can contribute to the best available team, know that you will have my full support.

Hoping you get better Wahoo and find out the cause. We'll talk more later.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the singup process for this one goes. Anxious to throw my hat in the ring.

While I appreciate the confidence that CAA-Beat and you have in me, I think my age is catching up with me. I'm not sure how I would do playing more than 18 holes in a day. Additionally, I am experiencing a bit of a health concern that my doctors and I don't currently understand. A couple of Sundays ago, I was playing with some buds, I was just standing on the tee waiting for my turn when I found myself laying on the ground with no real warning I passed out for a few seconds. My nurse wife does not want me to play again until I find out why that happened. Unfortunately, I must agree with her. DC/MD/VA will have no problem fielding an eight member team, moreover, it should be the best team available. Until such time as I feel I can contribute to the best available team, know that you will have my full support.

Damn - sorry to hear that! Take of yourself first - golf will wait!

So I've been out of the THP loop over the holidays. Am super surprised and excited to see this thread pop up (thank you DC/MD/VA chat thread). I'm definitely going to try and get into this one. I do have some work ahead of me this year, and this will serve as some extra motivation!

So I've been out of the THP loop over the holidays. Am super surprised and excited to see this thread pop up (thank you DC/MD/VA chat thread). I'm definitely going to try and get into this one. I do have some work ahead of me this year, and this will serve as some extra motivation!

Glad you found it. Amazing what you can find outside regional thread :)

Wahoo .. get better first. There will always be golf waiting for you when you get back. Prayers sent your way my friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Definitely get the health stuff squared away. Hope they figure it out and get you fixed up

Glad you found it. Amazing what you can find outside regional thread :)
Oh man if there was a sarcasm font this would have been a perfect time for it

So, can I be on the Virginia team, since I pay taxes for the Commonwealth?

I'm interested to see who the captains will be and where this thowdown will take place. So many good options for courses between our regions.

I'm hoping I get selected to rep DMV. Short game, short game, and more short game is my focus and prep work for this event.

I need another excuse to work on my short game, anyway :)

I'm interested to see who the captains will be and where this thowdown will take place. So many good options for courses between our regions.
Same thing here on all accounts

Whoever is chosen to lead these two teams will be a great pick. Not a bad guy in the bunch between both states. Course selection is highly anticipated by me as well. Very curious where this will be

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how captains are selected? I just assumed they were picked by the THP Front Office

Whoever is chosen to lead these two teams will be a great pick. Not a bad guy in the bunch between both states. Course selection is highly anticipated by me as well. Very curious where this will be

Without knowing if the courses would want it or be willing to work with MD in getting it done. I can think of at least half a dozen in the RDU area that would be great venues. And that's NOT counting the Sandhills area less than an hour south of there, where easily the courses could number near a dozen that would be great.

All that said, if it's in MD or VA, I won't shed a tear either :D

Does anyone know how captains are selected? I just assumed they were picked by the THP Front Office
There is never not a plan that is one thing I have learned :). However the selection is done and whoever is picked I am sure it will be perfect.

There is never not a plan that is one thing I have learned :). However the selection is done and whoever is picked I am sure it will be perfect.

Absolutely agree with you here.

Back