Cleveland TFI 2135 Putter Preview

Personally this whole concept makes perfect sense to me. I CANNOT wait to see if it shaves a few strokes off the ol' scorecard.

Is this much different than the PING Scottsdale TR Anser T putter with the raised sight line?

Yes, very different.
In fact outside of the sightline being above the ground, they are not the same type of alignment.
A sloped alignment can cause your eyes to have different areas of focus.

The only way you get the same alignment with the ball every time is to either have the same eye position every single time you putt or have the alignment fixed in the middle of the golf ball.

Is this much different than the PING Scottsdale TR Anser T putter with the raised sight line?
I haven't touched the club yet so I don't know. But perhaps it comes back to the fulcrum concept. The line on the top of a putter would be just as prone to be misaligned as the line on the bottom if our eyes get inside or outside the line.

Yes, very different.
In fact outside of the sightline being above the ground, they are not the same type of alignment.
A sloped alignment can cause your eyes to have different areas of focus.

The only way you get the same alignment with the ball every time is to either have the same eye position every single time you putt or have the alignment fixed in the middle of the golf ball.

I haven't touched the club yet so I don't know. But perhaps it comes back to the fulcrum concept. The line on the top of a putter would be just as prone to be misaligned as the line on the bottom if our eyes get inside or outside the line.

Thanks guys - this one has me pretty intrigued. I'm not a fan of the PING raised alignment so was hoping this was different.

I love this putter. It was my first time out in a while and the course was under a frost delay (which equals challenging conditions on the greens and no practice green time). I had 31 putts, including 6 one putts. And this was not a case of chipping it close for a bunch of kick-ins. Most of those were 5-10 footers with break; one was a breaking 25 footer to save par. On top of that I had a bunch of great lag putts which left me kick-in second putts.

Thats pretty good stuff T4K. There is just something comforting knowing you are setup right.

I love this putter. It was my first time out in a while and the course was under a frost delay (which equals challenging conditions on the greens and no practice green time). I had 31 putts, including 6 one putts. And this was not a case of chipping it close for a bunch of kick-ins. Most of those were 5-10 footers with break; one was a breaking 25 footer to save par. On top of that I had a bunch of great lag putts which left me kick-in second putts.
Great to hear buddy.
I was in GS today and specifically looking for this one. I only found one in the store. 6.5 version. Felt a bit heavy for my liking, but putted great. I was either stopping putts next to the hole or draining them from across the putting area. I need to find one that I am comfortable with and I will throw it in the bag. I've seen some very good things from the couple times that I have toyed with these in stores.

That's great to hear! I've been rolling this a bunch on my putting mat today and really enjoy it so far. 4 more months and I can actually use it!

That's great to hear Frank! It seemed like you were a little unsure about it at first. Glad it is working out for you. I too have not been able to play much lately but I'm planning to play Monday and I can't wait to get more time with my 6.5!

That's great to hear Frank! It seemed like you were a little unsure about it at first. Glad it is working out for you. I too have not been able to play much lately but I'm planning to play Monday and I can't wait to get more time with my 6.5!
I quit trying to use the alignment line on the ball. It was an interesting experience - I was just seeing the putting line almost without trying. Maybe a fluke? Maybe I was using it closer to how it us supposed to be used? I don't know. What I do know is that it's awesome having the flat stick be your friend. I shot 40 on the front. Maybe not the greatest, except that was with 1 FIRs and 2 GIRs. If it wasn't for the 15 putts (3 one putts, no 3 jacks) that number would have been a lot bigger.

Last edited:
I played Monday and rolled the 2135 6.5 but to be fair I sucked all day long at everything. Specifically to the 6.5 though, I followed t4k's advice about not using any "ball alignment" aids (which I normally do use) and it seemed to help a little. I concentrated more on the putter alignment and my putting line rather than the ball/putter combo. It was cold and my eyes were watering really bad so my putting wasn't great. Hoping to get out Friday and/or Monday for some nicer golf and a better report.

Thinking about an experiment with one of these to get the head heavier (im coming from a Cure Putter).
I think they have the best alignment I have used to date for pure confidence and love the way they feel.

Thinking about an experiment with one of these to get the head heavier (im coming from a Cure Putter).
I think they have the best alignment I have used to date for pure confidence and love the way they feel.

Would the 8.0 with a standard length shaft work? That's a bit more weight without having to resort to lead tape or tungsten weights. A little bit bigger head, though you're used to that w/ the Cure.

Would the 8.0 with a standard length shaft work? That's a bit more weight without having to resort to lead tape or tungsten weights. A little bit bigger head, though you're used to that w/ the Cure.

Its possible. I dont have one of those, so am looking into the specs now.

The only thing I don't know is if the shaft is bigger like on the Tank. The 8.0 feels more heavy than counterbalanced to me, as I think most of the counterweight is in the grip instead of a weight in the top of the shaft.

Good luck - I agree that the alignment system is the best I've used.

The only thing I don't know is if the shaft is bigger like on the Tank. The 8.0 feels more heavy than counterbalanced to me, as I think most of the counterweight is in the grip instead of a weight in the top of the shaft.

Good luck - I agree that the alignment system is the best I've used.

Thanks.
There is just something comforting knowing my eyes dont have to be in the same place, and that I am still setup right.

That's exactly what I asked about at Up and Down. It will work. Cutting it down to 34" will make the head feel heavier.

That's exactly what I asked about at Up and Down. It will work. Cutting it down to 34" will make the head feel heavier.

Wouldnt that be true of any club?

Wouldnt that be true of any club?
I wasn't sure I'd like this putter at 35" and didn't want to ruin it, so the scope of my thinking on the matter was limited to just that. But what you are saying makes sense, so probably yes.

I wasn't sure I'd like this putter at 35" and didn't want to ruin it, so the scope of my thinking on the matter was limited to just that. But what you are saying makes sense, so probably yes.

Im really borderline addicted to the alignment. It takes so much guess work out of it. If it had a bad feel or sound or look, I could get over it, but this line has none of those things. Im thinking for the first of the year, I dive right in.

Yes, it really does.

They are modestly priced, so that helps make it easier to try an experiment. Also, I am pretty sure there will be a 2.0 version of these putters and Cleveland is paying attention to our feedback, so maybe a heavier version will be coming in the not too distant future.

I might slap a SS grip on mine and cut it down to 34. I still can't stand the PN, but man that alignment is just so damn good.

I might slap a SS grip on mine and cut it down to 34. I still can't stand the PN, but man that alignment is just so damn good.

I broke down and cut mine to 34in and added a flatso grip. I'm loving the feel much more now and not having to grip it so low. Was rolling some fire last week, I don't think i can replace this putter for a very very long time

If you don't mind mid mallets, the 6.5 might work. That's not a plumbers neck.

I've been really enjoying the center shafted putter now that I'm used to it, but keep wanting to put the 8.0 back in the bag because of the initial alignment. Burned so many edges the other day.

Back