will you play any (good) ball you find or only play your ball/s of choice?

will you play any (good) ball you find or only play your ball/s of choice?

• will only play my choice of ball/s regardless what others i find

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • wil play anything found that is in new condition

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Will only play found balls if they are higher end (more expensive) than my choice ball

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Will play some found balls I think are fairly similar to my ball

Votes: 45 41.7%

• Total voters
I usually play my gamer ball every round. If I find a nice ball that I've played before and liked, or interested I throw it in the bag and will give it a shot.

I mainly stick to my chosen ball. Anything I find generally goes into a bucket to hit into a field out on the farm for practicing.

Found balls usually make it into my shag-bag, but curiosity will take over if it is a newer ball that I haven't played yet.

i voted that i stick with my ball, but that's only mostly true. i stick with my ball while i'm playing well. if things go to hell in a handbasket, i'll switch to whatever shag balls i have in my bag. i don't typically bag balls i find on the course, though; my shag balls are usually balls that were worn during the course of play but not completely shot.

It depends how far into my three dozen I've gone through for the round. Found balls usually go into the "too nice to play" pocket of my bag.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Unless I'm just screwing around out there, I'll only play with my chosen ball.

That might change if I'm not happy with my ball, and am considering a change.

I hate being surprised by how a ball feels off my putter face. It can lead to some bad putts.

I couldn't vote, because I'll pretty much play anything I find, and I've found some real doozies (bad). That said, in competition, its one ball, although I may not decide that ball until a month before the competition.

~Rock

I picked both the first and last option because I think they can be the same answer. I generally only play higher compression balls because I usually hit softer balls higher than I'd like and with less spin/control. But if I found a ball that was similar to what I like, I'd give a try unless I've tried it before and didn't like how it responded to me/my swing.

The rest that I find end up in a junk bin in my garage. I need to take them to the local First Tee since they will give them to kids that want and/or need them.

I'll play anything that is in good condition that I find. I will usually save the lower end balls for crappy weather days or fall/spring golf when the conditions aren't always the best.

But I would ask, is that because you know thats a ball better suited for your game or is it simply because of its status. Reason I ask is because it is very possible that ball can do you more harm than good. I know for me and my current game that (when my game isn't at its best) that ball can hurt me more than help me vs my current ball/s of choice.
I honestly don't believe playing a ProV1 is going to hurt my game and I don't go into the round thinking such. I just shot my PB (yeah, I'm mentioning it again because I'm so darn excited) and did so with a W/S 50 Elite. It's a $13/dozen box of balls, W/S's bottom of the barrel option. Yet it was playing as well as any ball I've been fit into (obviously, since I shot a PB). Maybe I would have shot even better if I had gamed one of the three ProV1's I found two days earlier (all in the same exact spot on the course) or the e6 I've been fit into, or maybe I would have shot worse. Who knows.

I'll put Bridgestone's, Titleist, and W/S balls into my bag however because I've gamed them before and I know they make quality balls. Most others, like I said will either be dunked into the drink, brought to the range, or handed over to friends. I won't play the Nike Juice I find beside the ProV1, but I'll gladly Happy Gilmore it before the round is over for giggles.

I usually grab one out of the bag and roll with it. I usually don't keep many balls in my bag that I wouldn't play so it's not a big deal to me.

I generally stick to golf balls I bring to the course. I will pick up balls in the woods, but they usually end up in a shag bag, and then I use them for practice if they are decent; or give them away to my younger cousins who are just learning to play.

I am pretty anal when it comes to my balls (yes, I did just write that). I play with my balls (yep, wrote that too) and would only consider using a found ball if I ran out.

I will play higher end balls that I find. I belong to a private club so most of them are ProV1/x. I'm a bit more liberal if I'm playing bad and losing balls.

I usually start my round with my favourite ball.

If things are going poorly, or I am not happy with my round overall, I'll probably grab a found ball out of the bag if I lose that first one. At that point, consistency is not of huge concern.

This is exactly what I do. I'd imagine this occurs earlier in my rounds compared to yours, but I'm definitely familiar with the process

If I find it, and it's still got life left in it, I'll play it!

I'll play any ball I find, if it's not too beat.

I'll play just about anything I find if it's not a "budget" ball. It's a great way to try different balls without the expense of buying a sleeve or a dozen. I have some Cally Supersofts and Hex Control (Hex Costco) in the stash that I found in good shape. Played them, and liked them well enough to keep.

The only ones I don't normally play are Pro Vs. I usually keep them and give them to other guys that like them. Not that they aren't great balls, I just get along fine with other balls and I can give them away to fans of the Pro V and they'll usually toss a ball or two my way that they find. Win-win.

I only play prov1, z star/xv, Bridgestone and chromesoft for the most part. If the found ball is in good shape and alomg these lines I'll play it

I will play them all. New balls/premium go in one pocket and s**t balls in the other.

I will play anything and everything. It's a great way to play a ball that I wouldn't necessarily buy but might discover it's a great ball for me.

I tend to find a bunch of PROV's at my course which I put in play all the time. However, when I buy balls I get the B330RX's.

I usually just toss any balls that I find to playing partners, unless they're my kind. If I have an extra brand laying around, I'll usually use it to try some shot I wouldn't normally attempt.

I give them away.

Consistent.....is my biggest feeling about it. I play my ball of choice for the reasons I have and with my game being a work in progress I feel the more things that are the same, are each one less variable to think about or factor in. But of course I have intentionally experimented with different balls and at times still do.

But badly bruised balls I wont even pick up, and in fact now that I think of it I often enough do just leave balls I see if I know it isn't mine. I don't know if its laziness I suppose sometimes or because I don't care and I know its not mine and I have plenty anyway and/or know I probably will not use it anyway so why bother.lol.
Oh 100% agree with you on wanting to use the same ball all the time. We're not pros who will know exactly what happens with each shot but if we use the same ball every time we can and will have a better understanding of how the shot will perform.

I also have stopped picking up balls I know aren't mine.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Back