Fancy a Scotland golf holiday August 2016?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondered whether any of my American (or other) golfing cousins were looking to holiday in the UK this year specifically to play golf.

If so, this http://www.standrews.com/Tournaments/Eden-Tournament Tournament in St Andrews between 7th -12th August may be just up your street. The cost of the golf is £120. Obviously you will need to add airfare, accomodation & food on to that.

The way it works is the entry form goes live at 1pm GMT on Friday 12th February and you need to enter as fast as poss. The first 120 people to enter are accepted so long as their handicap is 15 or below. To get in this group you need to get your entry in within prob 50 seconds of the form going live. This year they are not allowing Auto Fill to be used and they are able to detect when it has been used and will DQ anyone who has used it.

If you do not get in the first 120, the final 120 guys are then accepted on handicap/time of entry basis. After entries close at end of Feb, they also draw up a reserve list and if guys drop out from the accepted 240, someone from the reserves will be contacted to see if they wish to play.

The tournament works like this. Sunday you can have 1 practice round on each course (New & Eden). Monday is first round of strokeplay. Tuesday is second round of strokeplay (the other course to the one you played on Monday).

After close of play on Tuesday whilst the BBQ takes place they then select the best 64 scratch scores to go through to the Scratch Matchplay stages. Usually the qualifying scores for the two rounds are around the 154 mark. Last year it was a good year as weather was better and q score was 150. After that is done, from the remaining players they select the best 32 Nett scores to play in the Handicap Matchplay stages.

Anyone who does not qualify for the matchplay stages can put their name down for a stableford comp on the Jubilee course on the Thursday. I have played all the courses up there except the Castle course, and the Jubilee is without doubt the toughest of the lot for me. You can also enter a medal comp on the Strathtyrum course on the Friday.

Essentially even if you do not quallify for the matchplay, you are still guaranteed 6 rounds of golf for your £120 if you want them. This represents blindingly outragous value for money if you want to play competition golf in St Andrews.

If you are interested and want more info ping me a PM.

You are also able to partake of the local beers etc in the Jigger Inn at the side of the 17th fairway on the Old Course. Which has to be a plus point.

Richard

That is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

That's pretty cool. I wish I was able to swing something like this. Maybe someday! :)

Man...I would kill to do something like this. Maybe when I grow up

Back