Wilson D200 hybrids

I've really started to click with these hybrids. It took a little while to get used to them, but I've they've earned a permanent place in the bag now.

I hit them extremely well on the back 9 of my round today. The best shot was the 4h to 3 feet on the 186yd par 3 11th.

Wilson D200 hybrids

Getting the 3H in the bag for next season to go with the protos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And here it is. Stoked.

8659d8eb7201e5c86072b4b2bd8b3a73.jpg

After a couple rounds, I think I might have finally found a hybrid that isnt a complete hooking machine. had a couple really good shots with it last week

Found a D200 hybrid, head only. Wonder how this would work with a Bassara Eagle shaft. It's the shaft I currently have with my Adams hybrids.

I watched Paddy Harrington absolutely destroy the course at the Sony Open today with his D200 hybrid. After the 15th hole, we were walking to the next hole and I complimented him on his hybrid shot. He smiled and said "yah but it went TOO far". I told him I don't quite have that issue yet.
This hybrid goes far.

Bought a D200 (A flex Chrome Elements shaft) with the intent of pulling the shaft and putting either a Bassara E or Kujoh shaft in it (for $23 I figured what did I have to lose). I took it to the course today and I think I'll keep the A flex in. Holy cow I've never had a hybrid get up in the air as quickly, or as high, as this one does. It's straight, high, and long. I have the 4H (22*) so I need to find the 5H now.

Bought a D200 (A flex Chrome Elements shaft) with the intent of pulling the shaft and putting either a Bassara E or Kujoh shaft in it (for $23 I figured what did I have to lose). I took it to the course today and I think I'll keep the A flex in. Holy cow I've never had a hybrid get up in the air as quickly, or as high, as this one does. It's straight, high, and long. I have the 4H (22*) so I need to find the 5H now.
I think the hybrid was the sleeper of the D200 family. The irons are super high launching, long & forgiving. The driver is pretty special as well, but the hybrids are excellent on another level.

I think the hybrid was the sleeper of the D200 family. The irons are super high launching, long & forgiving. The driver is pretty special as well, but the hybrids are excellent on another level.
Yeah, I'm finding that out. I went to this club several times today, and hit shots I'd have been a fool to attempt with other clubs. It was just so darn consistent. I love my New Idea hybrid's, but the D200's have made a clear case for shoving them out of the bag.

Anyone played the D100ES and D200 hybrids? Can I get a comparison? Both seem high launching and forgiving. One also happens to be 66% cheaper.

Wow. Got out to the range for my first session with this thing. It's a bomb. I tend to snap hook the crap out of my hybrids but this club kept them long and straight. It's immediately being put full time in the bag.

Wow. Got out to the range for my first session with this thing. It's a bomb. I tend to snap hook the crap out of my hybrids but this club kept them long and straight. It's immediately being put full time in the bag.

Yep, it's a cannon for sure. It's an absolute beast off the tee on short par 4s for me.

Hey Rusty, This club is saying "Take me up in the plane and take pictures of me".Probably should not have spoiled the iron.Now they all want something.
And here it is. Stoked.

8659d8eb7201e5c86072b4b2bd8b3a73.jpg

This club is a beast. I can't believe how far I launch this thing.

These ARE a beast!

These ARE a beast!

This club is a beast. I can't believe how far I launch this thing.

Hi Rusty,

I just want to echo your comments about the D200 hybrid. Today I hit the D200 3 hybrid for the second shot on the Par 5 18th hole. I
t almost carried to the green and I'm not that long of a hitter. I could not believe how high and how long it went. I was in awe. These D200 hybrids are indeed beasts.

I assume by your signature that you are a pilot. I'm a retired commuter/airline pilot and glad now that I just play golf. Keep the blue side up and hit em straight. :bulgy-eyes:

I used to hook the TM SLDR hybrids almost every other shot. I have not hooked one shot with these D200's! The 3 and 4 D200 hybrids have become my favorite clubs in the bag.

Hi Rusty,

I just want to echo your comments about the D200 hybrid. Today I hit the D200 3 hybrid for the second shot on the Par 5 18th hole. I
t almost carried to the green and I'm not that long of a hitter. I could not believe how high and how long it went. I was in awe. These D200 hybrids are indeed beasts.

I assume by your signature that you are a pilot. I'm a retired commuter/airline pilot and glad now that I just play golf. Keep the blue side up and hit em straight. :bulgy-eyes:

I used to hook the TM SLDR hybrids almost every other shot. I have not hooked one shot with these D200's! The 3 and 4 D200 hybrids have become my favorite clubs in the bag.

I just had a boys weekend golf trip and honestly the D200 3H and 4H are now my go to clubs. My buddies for 3 days were in awe of my hybrid shots. These are amazing.

Nice to have another pilot on here. ✈️

Have a D200 4H (22*) coming to me. Should be able to get it in the bag next week. On the prowl for a 5H (25*) now. The D100's are good, and I'm a bit afraid that the D200's will give me a gap between my 5H and 6i, but I'll live with it if I have to. I'd rather have the extra help at the bottom of the bag to help me get up and down.

Have a D200 4H (22*) coming to me. Should be able to get it in the bag next week. On the prowl for a 5H (25*) now. The D100's are good, and I'm a bit afraid that the D200's will give me a gap between my 5H and 6i, but I'll live with it if I have to. I'd rather have the extra help at the bottom of the bag to help me get up and down.

Good choice. I really do love these hybrids. They are my go to clubs.

One of the guys I play regularly with hit my 4H today. He was utterly amazed and impressed. He doesn't have any hybrids in his bag, but I'm trying to convince him that needs to upgrade a few slots in his bag ... basically everything except his wedges and putter. Trying to get him hooked on W/S as well.

One of the guys I play regularly with hit my 4H today. He was utterly amazed and impressed. He doesn't have any hybrids in his bag, but I'm trying to convince him that needs to upgrade a few slots in his bag ... basically everything except his wedges and putter. Trying to get him hooked on W/S as well.

Does he already have W/S wedges? :alien:

Does he already have W/S wedges? :alien:
Nope, he has my old TM ATV wedges. Loves them ... I could never get along with them so just gave them to him and he loves them. Not sure why I am giving a single handicap player club advice (and clubs to boot) ... but I guess that's what friends do. Just makes it that much tougher for me to catch him.

I added a D200 3 Hybrid to my arsenal after the success I've been having with the 4H. I don't really have anywhere in the bag to put it without removing either my 25* iron or my M1 4 wood.

So far it flies noticeably lower than the 4H but carries about the same distance. I'm not sure how to incorporate it into the bag just yet, but I'm going to keep working with it to see what works.

I added a D200 3 Hybrid to my arsenal after the success I've been having with the 4H. I don't really have anywhere in the bag to put it without removing either my 25* iron or my M1 4 wood.

So far it flies noticeably lower than the 4H but carries about the same distance. I'm not sure how to incorporate it into the bag just yet, but I'm going to keep working with it to see what works.

Why this club over the other hybos on the market? What drove you to your decision?

Why this club over the other hybos on the market? What drove you to your decision?

I've been hitting my D200 4 Hybrid extremely well for the past few months off of both the turf and the tee, so I wanted to see if the D200 19* 3 Hybrid would give me the same performance with more distance. If I can get the 3 Hybrid to 240 yards then I will drop the 4 wood in favor of the more versatile hybrid.

Back