ES 16 launch monitor

cmgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw on Ernest sports facebook page that it is possible to order the new ES16.
$4000 with some software free.
Did anyone had the chance to try it?
I almost bought the skytrak but decided to wait when I learned that a new model was coming from ES.
it is more expensive than the skytrak.I am wondering if the results will be a lot more reliable or similar.

And I thought the ES14 was expensive. I'd love to have one, but not sure I'd come close to using it enough to break even.

Pfft...might as well save up for a flightscope.

I've been keeping an eye on this for months as the initial cost I heard was quite a bit lower than what they released. It honestly does a lot more than skytrak does, AOA, club path, face angle, club head speed, ball speed, LA and spin all captured not derived by equations. It uses both radar and camera to capture the data.

The only testing being done so far is in house from what the company told me. They are supposed to have an outside demo program but no details on it yet.

Initially it is supposed to only operate on Windows with iOS and android to follow shortly. This is a miss as the point of being portable is to be easily moved and set up which isn't the case if I got to lug a laptop with me.

The unit is still considerably cheaper than a flightscope that'll do the same stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfft...might as well save up for a flightscope.

Yep, for 4995 and have something you KNOW works.

I hope they send a unit in for review though, if it does what they claim, its intriguing. I just have a hard time at that price point not going a touch more to get a KNOWN commodity. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but, maybe not.

Yep, for 4995 and have something you KNOW works.

I hope they send a unit in for review though, if it does what they claim, its intriguing. I just have a hard time at that price point not going a touch more to get a KNOWN commodity. Maybe they will prove me wrong, but, maybe not.

I thought the flightscope that gave AOA path, face angle, ball speed, la and spin plus smash was closer to 7g?

I have a hard time as well with the price for an unknown product and their first venture into this much detail. All previous devices have been pretty basic with what they gave you.

I hope one of you guys get to test it though. I'm supposed to be on a demo list through them.

I thought the flightscope that gave AOA path, face angle, ball speed, la and spin plus smash was closer to 7g?

I have a hard time as well with the price for an unknown product and their first venture into this much detail. All previous devices have been pretty basic with what they gave you.

I hope one of you guys get to test it though. I'm supposed to be on a demo list through them.

https://flightscope.com/products/flightscope-xi-tour/

4995 on that unit. Still a crazy amount IMO, but, I also know if I could find a way to afford one, I would.

https://flightscope.com/products/flightscope-xi-tour/

4995 on that unit. Still a crazy amount IMO, but, I also know if I could find a way to afford one, I would.

WOW, talk about a major price drop. JB mentioned that xi-tour unit was around $9K when he announced it this past spring. It's still too steep for me at $5K, but I see your point about the (relatively) small gap from ES16 to the Flightscope.

That's a lot of golf lessons by someone who knows how to use the thing! It does look like a fun toy though!

Just saw on Ernest sports facebook page that it is possible to order the new ES16.
$4000 with some software free.
Did anyone had the chance to try it?
I almost bought the skytrak but decided to wait when I learned that a new model was coming from ES.
it is more expensive than the skytrak.I am wondering if the results will be a lot more reliable or similar.

4K ? No problem, hold on while I dig out that amount in lose change from my pocket....lol A few years ago, I seriously thought about buying one but in the end, I guess the brain finally kicked in...I could use that money to buy more clubs! Plus kids came along so that dream vanished, along with buy a Porsche Turbo...for now :D

4K ? No problem, hold on while I dig out that amount in lose change from my pocket....lol A few years ago, I seriously thought about buying one but in the end, I guess the brain finally kicked in...I could use that money to buy more clubs! Plus kids came along so that dream vanished, along with buy a Porsche Turbo...for now :D

I'm sure we could find four or five local MD guys, put $1,000 each in, as long as one of them has a garage bay that they can talk the wife into turning into a hitting bay, the others get a key to said garage, not so unattainable that way.

With some places charging $50 1/2 hour for use, the $1000 would pay for itself pretty quickly.

I'm sure we could find four or five local MD guys, put $1,000 each in, as long as one of them has a garage bay that they can talk the wife into turning into a hitting bay, the others get a key to said garage, not so unattainable that way.

With some places charging $50 1/2 hour for use, the $1000 would pay for itself pretty quickly.
Funny, I started to write that in the first post as well. Almost mentioned the idea of renting a storage locker too and putting it in there along with a loft and lie machine, instant man golf cave

I'm kinda wondering what their target buyers are for this?

Too close to a flightscope for a small shop to take the risk on an unknown product?

Too much for home use for most?

Kinda sketchy?? The es14 was overpriced and didn't have as good of results as the Sc100. And was $500 more.
I'd be a bit skeptical. You can a buy used gc2 for that!
Or alot of golf lessons.

Sent from my S6 edge

Back