2016 Snowmageddon

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Well it's impacting enough of us on the east coast, i figured we could have it's own thread, instead of bogging down the other threads with weather talk (this is for you MikeDean411)

We (Baltimore/DC) are expected to get hit hardest by the storm. Initial forecasts called for 12 to 24, as of this morning, I've heard 22 to 30 :angry: Having a flight out on Sunday PM for Orlando, this does not make me happy.

So how much are you supposed to get? See Above

What are your plans while couped up inside? Watch a lot of college hoops and Law and Order Binge, stocked up on Chilli and Ice Cream!!

Do you have to be at work regardless, and how will you plan that? No, we are closing (golf course) at noon today, and will be closed at least through Sunday and I'll be out of town as soon as I can come Sunday night

Good luck East Coast folks, I'm hoping things are clear by Monday. I have to fly through Philadelphia on my way to Rome.

Good luck East Coast folks, I'm hoping things are clear by Monday. I have to fly through Philadelphia on my way to Rome.
you should be fine. Last I saw Philly is supposed to get "only" 12" and by Monday it should be out of the area for almost 36 hours.

What a cool trip...have a great time.

you should be fine. Last I saw Philly is supposed to get "only" 12" and by Monday it should be out of the area for almost 36 hours.

What a cool trip...have a great time.

Thanks - good to know.

Unfortunately it is business but I'll work in a little site seeing.

Bah, only getting 1-4 in central CT. :sidefrown:

We're not supposed to get too much and as of this morning I'm skeptical we'll get anything but ice and crap falling out of the sky. I'd rather have the snow.

I'm remote today, most of my team is usually remote anyway but we got official notice to stay home today.

We're going to sit tight and take it easy. Grocery store isn't far. We'll have lots of tv time for sure.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Bah, only getting 1-4 in central CT. :sidefrown:

You say that like its a bad thing! After last winter, I'm rooting for very little snow and a very early spring!

We're supposed to get 2 to 5 inches with a 1/4 to 1/5 inch of freezing rain.

No hoops for me but lot's of sleep and rest, I have a terrible cold

I have to be at work monday bright and early

We're supposed to get 2 to 5 inches with a 1/4 to 1/5 inch of freezing rain.

No hoops for me but lot's of sleep and rest, I have a terrible cold

I have to be at work monday bright and early
Feel better buddy, sleep does wonders for colds!!

Central KY here...it's pouring now, estimated 10-17"

Staff safe East Coast THP brothers (and sisters)!

Looking like 12-18" here in the Richmond, VA area. European is saying higher said, local is saying lower side.

While stuck inside? Grabbed a few movies for the two year old, so I will be watching those and playing with alot of kid toys. HA! Stocked up on Captain, hot wings and snacks!

Work? I am currently working now and the snow has just started falling. I am letting my team go as we speak. No work for me this weekend!!!

Having a flight out on Sunday PM for Orlando, this does not make me happy.

I know that we (SWA) are planning to start up ops again in BWI/IAD/DCA around 1000C on Sunday morning, so hopefully you'll be okay.

The mess predicted around Charlotte, NC got me out of day 2 of a meeting. Now trying to get past Atlanta before the freezing stuff hits.

According to fox DC I'm in the 12-20" area and wasn't happy with the talk of maybe seeing more.

i plan to just chill out watch some tv, movies and THP. Will probably knock out shoveling periodically thought the storm to stay ahead of the mess. Don't want that much snow just sitting in front of my front door or patio door

Looking like 12-18" here in the Richmond, VA area. European is saying higher said, local is saying lower side.

While stuck inside? Grabbed a few movies for the two year old, so I will be watching those and playing with alot of kid toys. HA! Stocked up on Captain, hot wings and snacks!

Work? I am currently working now and the snow has just started falling. I am letting my team go as we speak. No work for me this weekend!!!

the euro model has been the more bullish one the whole time.

Working remotely today. Lost of Freezing rain and ice but only supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow. Hoping the power stays on but I know at some point all the ice will probably knock it out.

I know that we (SWA) are planning to start up ops again in BWI/IAD/DCA around 1000C on Sunday morning, so hopefully you'll be okay.
If I could thank your post 1,000 time I would, (I'm flying SWA) I'm thinking even though it's an 8:15 flight, for which I'd normally arrive around 6:30 to 6:45, I may get there as early at 4 or 5, figuring it might be zoo, with all the stranded passengers from Saturday night.

I don't know how the rebooking of those go, I just hope they don't put them on flights that are already booked for Sunday, and I get bumped.

Man....that's a lot for Kentucky isn't it ?

Yes! KY will usually get it's fair share of snowy days but no more than a few inches.

I just moved back to KY after many years in South Carolina....I didn't even own a snow shovel. Trying to find one over the last week was crazy.

Yes! KY will usually get it's fair share of snowy days but no more than a few inches.

I just moved back to KY after many years in South Carolina....I didn't even own a snow shovel. Trying to find one over the last week was crazy.
Yeah good luck with that.

I'm amazed by all the people in this area that wait until the first snow is imminent to go buy a snow shovel. It's not like snow is foreign to this area. Every year you can count on at least 4 to 5 snow falls of at least 6", so why wouldn't you already have this on hand, or at the very least buy it in November or December when you first see them.

The lack of planning by a lot of people is just amazing, not just in snow but you wonder if it falls into their everyday life as well.

Right now for my area of Ohio, we are on the line of 1-3 and 3-6 inches of snow. All depending of course on which way the storm moves. Goes south, less, comes north more. I've got my fingers crossed for south, way south. :act-up:

Man stay safe out there to all those affected by the storm.

Back