The first Par 4 Albatross in LPGA history

I get excited when I chip it in from the fringe, I'll withhold distance judgements. Great shot!

Have to say Jason Gore's Albatross at Torrey Pines on #18 way more spectacular and difficult though.

I don't really disagree, but she used a 3fw and he used a 5fw. I will grant you that hers was off a tee and his was off the deck.

Makes me feel better about the 260 yard par 4 at my local course.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was ONLY 218 yards. How many people on the forum have ever drained a 218 yard shot? Certainly not me. Congrats to her on the great accomplishment!
(Raises hand for his only HIO)

It's still a HIO no matter what, which is an awesome accomplishment. That said, 218 for a par 4 is silly.

It's an amazing accomplishment, (heck I wish I had a HOI at ALL) but seeing that the SHORTEST Average Driving Distance on the LPGA in 2015 was 225.11 by Lisa McClosky. Ha Na Jang averages almost 255 off the tee. You'd have to think even the shortest driver on Tour, would probably still be hitting a 3 wood into this green at 218 years. At that yardage, if should have been a long Par 3, IMO.

Agreed. I have 2 aces and have witnessed a few others but I only know one person who has an ace over 200 yards.

Whether it is called a par 3 or a par 4, all of the golfers need to play it and on a relative basis it doesn't matter whether a 2 is a birdie or an eagle. However, I bet that the reason it was designated a par 4 is that from an excitement standpoint there is a big difference for spectators and tv viewers.

So cool with history being made

I've been working here all week. Crazy golf here. I saw Mo Martin's hole-in-one and no b******t, I saw six other hole-outs from different players in the groups I had. The wind was unreal the first two days but they started tearing it up when the wind died on the weekend. Super fun tournament, hope I get called back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be the not in the majority of this opinion but that is a joke making it a par 4. These girls are really really good and this just will serve to take away that opinion for some people. The LPGA dropped the ball on this one. For the person who said the USGA guidelines for women is up to 210 yards, that really doesn't hold water in this case. A 471 yard hole is supposed to be a par 5 for men but that is never the case for the PGA. She made a great shot but the setting it up as a par 4 is a joke.

That is impressive. To ace a hole, let alone 218 yards, is something not many people can do.

To me that's the same a acing a long par 3. It's a heck of a shot and she should get credit for it...but it ain't the same a acing a par 4.

I am a bit disappointed by the reaction. Rather than celebrate her accomplishment, people contest the decision on tee location and par. Have we never watched a PGA pro hit a 3 wood onto a short par 4 green? Of course we have. So they dial back a par 4 so the ladies can do something similar and suddenly it's not right and should be a par 3?

Nope. Not me. Incredible accomplishment and Albatross.

thing was tracking all the way. Good for her.

Incredible shot. Kudos

Back