Ping G irons shaft suggestions

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently hit G30 irons with R- CFS shafts. I'm getting ready to order the new G irons. If I go with AWT shaft it will r-flex, not sure about TT XP95, I wouldn't higher ball flight, not sure on what flex on the XP95. If anyone uses this shaft, any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you can it'd be best to get fit and try the various shafts to find the one that results in the best flight for you.

If you want to run a shaft fit from True Temper try the link: http://www.shaftfit.com/

Dave

Get fit for your shafts.

I currently hit G30 irons with R- CFS shafts. I'm getting ready to order the new G irons. If I go with AWT shaft it will r-flex, not sure about TT XP95, I wouldn't higher ball flight, not sure on what flex on the XP95. If anyone uses this shaft, any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you like the CFS shafts you have now, the AWT flew similar for me when I tried them out. But with the added choices in the new line, I'd try to hit them all before you buy if possible.

Get fit for your shafts.

What he said. It's all about feel. Something those online shaft fittings just can't produce for you. I saw this firsthand when I got fitted a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback. I know its best to be fitted, but it seems my swing goes from bad to worse at a fitting. Basically I would to find input on these shafts.

I play the TT XP 95 in R flex in my XR irons. I really like them. Easy to swing great launch without ballooning . They were recommended to me by the Mizuno Optimizer. I recently ordered the Ping G irons and decided to go with the AWT 2.0 shafts in R flex.

I also use the xp95 in regular flex. I like them but they do seem to launch the ball high but I dont know if its the shaft or the G30 irons

I also use the xp95 in regular flex. I like them but they do seem to launch the ball high but I dont know if its the shaft or the G30 irons
Mu guess is both promote high trajectory having played both that shaft and G30s at one time although not together.

Back