Dubai Desert Classic [Spoilers]

CBaker

2024 Team Hackers #FailsatFive
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well the Euro tour is continuing their Middle East swing with the Dubai Desert Classic this week. This event has a fairly good field, and opening day is going on live tonight from 11pm-4am EST following the group of McIlroy, Stenson, and Oosthuizen.

Yes it has a good field. Should be a good event.

Can't get used to seeing Oosthuizen with the full beard! I watched a little of it and McIlroy seems to be hitting it great, just needs the putter to wake up.

The Middle East tourneys outside of Qatar seem to draw a strong field.

I enjoy these early tournaments in the Middle East, but man the time difference makes it tough to follow

I watched Rory tee off last night on 10 and it was fun watching him block his tee shot and then put his 3rd into the sand followed by his 4th rolling right back into the same trap. I like Rory and it just shows how hard golf can be considering the number 4 player in the world can struggle just like the rest of us on a hole.

I watched Rory tee off last night on 10 and it was fun watching him block his tee shot and then put his 3rd into the sand followed by his 4th rolling right back into the same trap. I like Rory and it just shows how hard golf can be considering the number 4 player in the world can struggle just like the rest of us on a hole.

He's actually #2 now, but yes I agree. Thought he might have thrown a club watching that haha

Watched a bit of this last night. Pretty good field I'd say. Also pretty crazy watching Rory hit his tee ball in the water on the 18th and still make birdie!

I like these late tourneys, they start at 8pm for me so I can watch a good 2 hours or so before hitting the hay. May stay up Saturday night to watch the end (ends at 1am for me).

Watched the first little bit last night, then recored the rest. Looks like Rory turned it around after those first couple of holes based on the leaderboard.

This tournament makes me want to visit Dubai so badly.

Looks like Rory didn't have a great 2nd round, but I LOVE seeing the big easy at the top of the leader board.

Looks like Rory didn't have a great 2nd round, but I LOVE seeing the big easy at the top of the leader board.

He was 4 over through 11. Turned it around to get back to even.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He was 4 over through 11. Turned it around to get back to even.

He did that in round one too. If he could just not start in a hole he would be towards the top

When Rory is " on" there aren't many in the world that can stay with him. Seems like a fine young man also!

He did that in round one too. If he could just not start in a hole he would be towards the top

Plenty of time left. Have to remember he's shot 63 here before.

Back