Odyssey White Hot RX Putter Review

Haha, hey, it's easy to tell the story when it's legit and delivers. Odyssey really does deliver here.

Best mallet shape, imo, they have released. Best of all worlds.

I'm really digging the shape too. I hope one of the stores around here has them in stock soon, so I can see it in person.

aadb9db8fbf2789acfe41d440695ec22.jpg

14af64e4cfa947e3730939819a3a307f.jpg

53b8c2b95de5b3bd802df1ab158bbf12.jpg

Also, the face texture:

8c7dc455d1aac555b3fe37e2a27bee8a.jpg

c42d724ac00e87e5af0fa1286cec1e56.jpg

im a #7 fan but the fang is looking good

I ordered mine with the "black" steel shaft and an Odyssey Jumbo Lite grip which is made by Winn. It should be a fantastic looking putter!

Must.....resist.....peer....pressure.....

Cant wait to try this one out! still waiting on my #9 to arrive!

I ordered mine with the "black" steel shaft and an Odyssey Jumbo Lite grip which is made by Winn. It should be a fantastic looking putter!

Well played TB, WELL PLAYED. I ordered mine with the black shaft as well, but with the standard grip since I plan on putting a Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 with counter core on it :D

Well played TB, WELL PLAYED. I ordered mine with the black shaft as well, but with the standard grip since I plan on putting a Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 with counter core on it :D

I've got about 15 different style grips on my 25+ putters including common ones from Superstroke and uncommon ones from Garsen but my favorite flavor of the month is the Winn Jumbo Lite.

jumbo-lite-excel-putters-allcolors_b4466363-46c0-432e-a316-a063daaca4fa.jpeg

Man I am so close to pre-ordering the #9. I think I am gonna call though because I want a blade cover and not the mallet cover. Plus I have some other questions for them as well.

I think I'm gonna wait on the fang for a bit but that looks super intriguing as well....

Man I am so close to pre-ordering the #9. I think I am gonna call though because I want a blade cover and not the mallet cover. Plus I have some other questions for them as well.

I think I'm gonna wait on the fang for a bit but that looks super intriguing as well....

Wait till we get together, you can roll mine to see if it interest you.

Wait till we get together, you can roll mine to see if it interest you.
Sounds perfect. Let's make sure it happens soon. haha

I'm definitely adding a #2 at some juncture. This insert is the real deal for insert fans.

Sounds perfect. Let's make sure it happens soon. haha

I'll be in Ohio at some point this year. I've got a little score to settle .

I'm definitely adding a #2 at some juncture. This insert is the real deal for insert fans.

I've never been a fan of inserts so this is going to be something different. But I do like the feel of the V line I just bought.

I'll be in Ohio at some point this year. I've got a little score to settle .
I think a few of us do. I know I do as well. But I think this year I need to head your way as well.

But getting back on topic. I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on the insert and the headshape. You don't normally play an insert do you?

I've never been a fan of inserts so this is going to be something different. But I do like the feel of the V line I just bought.
This will seem softer than that, FWIW. Just keep in mind that the inserts aren't just about feel, their retention ability directional and pace wise on misses are why so many play them nowadays. Add a higher MOI design like the vline, 7, or mow. Vline Fang and you have a putter that should ooze confidence.

When you get it in hand, trust it, because the roll is impeccable.

This will seem softer than that, FWIW. Just keep in mind that the inserts aren't just about feel, their retention ability directional and pace wise on misses are why so many play them nowadays. Add a higher MOI design like the vline, 7, or mow. Vline Fang and you have a putter that should ooze confidence.

When you get it in hand, trust it, because the roll is impeccable.
I bought this on your word, no reason to not believe it will be a great relationship.

Very review James. I also ordered the #7. Intrigued with the difference between my mxm #7. It will be my first insert putter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lots of talk about the WH RX line in the Odyssey thread so I thought this could use a nudge for those curious about the line and the insert.

Lots of talk about the WH RX line in the Odyssey thread so I thought this could use a nudge for those curious about the line and the insert.

Good bump. And I'm close to adding the V Line Fang without even rolling it once. It looks that good to me

Back