Do you carry a current USGA Rules of Golf book when you play?

Do you carry a current USGA Rules of Golf book when you play?

• No. I do not carry a rules book nor do I have the app on my phone.

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Yes, I carry a book in my bag.

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Not a book, but I have the app on my phone

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I carry a book and have the app on my phone.

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
I carry a book and have the app. I also have a book at my office and one at my house. I page through them periodically. I apparently have serious golf nerd issues.

Nope. I have thought about it, but haven't had a whole lot of reasons to ever need it in the rounds I've played.

If all else fails just play 2 balls and figure out the correct ruling after the round

Never. I'll vote in the poll when I get to a computer

I have the app, before that carried the book. Have had to use them a few times.

Is there a rule that allows the pin to be left in while putting because the cup filled with water, then froze, making pulling the pin impossible?

Have the book but it sits on my desk. Used to have the app but deleted it.

Yes, I carry the USGA book and a simplified version my course sells.

I used to carry one back in the day when I played more competitive golf in high school & college. I rarely use it anymore cause all my rounds are fairly casual. But I do have the app on the phone to reference in case it's needed.

I do not carry one and honestly don't know the rules all that well. It's one of the things I'd like to get better about in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the app on my phone. Sometimes I have to use Google to search for a decision because the search feature in the app is a little rough.

I have the app on my phone.

When working a tournament, I obviously carry the full rule & decisions book, but I'm not playing in that case.

I don't have the book, I normally just ask the people I am playing with if I have questions.

That being said, I wouldn't mind carrying the book because there is usually a good discussion/argument about rules.

I dont and never really need it. I dont play any sanctioned tournaments so Ive never had a need to

I have the app on my phone in the event I have to use it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the book in the past,but not in the bag currently

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The only time I worry about the rules is in a tournament. If some guy/girl want to take a drop 100 yards from the green after hitting two balls OB, and they write down a bogey, why should I care. Casual golf and tournament golf are two completely different animals.

The only time I worry about the rules is in a tournament. If some guy/girl want to take a drop 100 yards from the green after hitting two balls OB, and they write down a bogey, why should I care. Casual golf and tournament golf are two completely different animals.
I completely agree! And I'll add that if someone starts spouting the rules at me it's going to be a long day.....for them!

I have a book in my bag, but I have never took it out.

Play by the rules the best you can and have fun. If you're pulling out a book during the round, I probably wouldn't want to play with you.

I don't carry a book. I use to back in college and during my Assistant Pro days, but I haven't since then.

I voted yes because the last few years I've played in a state tournament where they give you a rule book at registration. I throw it in the bag, although honestly I have never ever opened it while on the course.

I have a rules book in my bag, but do I pull it out much? Nope.

No I never have and probably won't ever.

Back