What iron do you hit the most?

Not sure what is wrong with me, maybe because I'm short, but most of you say 7 or 8, those are the least for me...I hit my AW the most (probably because I can't get to most par 5s in two)...

I hit my 7 iron the most because I have the most confidence with it. it may only go 120, but its very consistent and sometimes that is better than an extra 20 yards...

8 irons. I find myself between 150-160 on a lot of my par 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to go with my J15 Cast AW, it seems like I used it on almost every hole last weekend. If I didn't use it on a shot that was 120 yards or less I was using it chipping around the greens. Such a versatile club and I think I'll be leaning on it quite a bit this year.

6 for me. My 7 is the most consistent iron in my bag, but I can do a lot more with the 6 for different shots. Up here in the spring, we get lots of lake winds blowing through and causing havoc. So while my 7 is usually my 160 club, I'll grip down on the 6 and send it in at a lower trajectory so I don't end up hitting a 130 yard 7 and scrambling to save par (read: bogey).

It has to be a dead spilt on the PW and the 8 iron, only because I love a little bump and run with the 8 just off the green

For my iron set it would be my 7i, but if you include wedges then it would be my 54* wedge.

I hit my 7 the most, as that's usually where I start when I'm warming up on the range, and then move from there.

54* is my most used club. Tends to be my second shot a lot at the courses I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably my 6 iron. It tends to be the second shot on most par 5s I play if I get a decent drive, and is my tee shot on my long par 3s. Also if I duff my tee shot on a par 4 it's my second shot.

And I just checked my game golf stats, and I am aware of my game. I was correct by 4 strokes. My 8 iron is my second most hit iron and used for approach shots on most par 4s

Last edited:
I hit my 7 the most, as that's usually where I start when I'm warming up on the range, and then move from there.

I'm the same. On the course, I wouldn't say I hit anything more or less than the others but since I start my warm up with a 7i, it gets the most work.

I find starting with a 7 is great as I start small so I am practicing punch shots and flighting it lower with less spin and then I work up to a full swing.

I think for me it's the 8i.

8i and 50* for me.

Between my PW and 7 iron.

I would have to say my 8i or 9i.

My 58 and 9 iron

I probably use my 7 iron the most. It's probably the most used club for chipping. I use all of them for chipping, but one has to be used most, right? All the irons probably get used for normal shots about the same amount.

Just based on club wear I use my 9i or my GW the most.

Probably my 9.

On the range it's the 7 iron because that's how I start my practice. In actual rounds though, they all get circulated pretty regularly. In my other sets it's the sand wedge because I don't have custom wedges there except for a rusty old 60 degrees Vokey which I use in the sand and I use the sand wedge for all shots inside 50 yards.

I'd say it's my 8i. I'm actually gonna keep track if this because I'm curious.

After thinking this over, I think it changes depending on what course I play. The longer the course the more mid / long irons I hit. The shorter courses see me use more short irons and wedges!

If we include chipping, it's my 7 iron. If we don't include chipping, it's probably still my 7 iron.

Back