Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

The grass is starting to turn green around here. The sun is staying up, I cannot wait to get back out on the course. This Arizona boy was hurting a bit this winter.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an issue with my shafts. Callaway rectified that and now with correctly fitted shafts. 1st round out was 74 on Sunday. 13 GIR, much better dispersion and a little lower flight. That with no more ballooning and these are are absolutely the best irons I've hit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
what was the issue with the shafts?

what was the issue with the shafts?
They were the XP95 I was fit into XP105. All is fixed and good great CS at Callaway. None better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A little 9i from 168

07998eac3e4e4e7b35852740dd8d2f7c.jpg

Got to hit both models today pro and non-pro during my lesson. Both felt great, very solid an explosive on impact good feel on heel side shots with pretty darn good ball speed retention.

The pros gave me slightly better launch (lower) conditions than the regular cf16. I will definitely be spending more time with these to find a shaft setup that works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itching to get out and hit these again. Absolutely in love with the feeling of a well struck shot with these irons

Can only dream of hitting a 9I that far, very nice shot!!!! :clapp:

To be fair, the guy is built like a tank LOL. I struggle to hit my 6 iron that far.

I am in full ponder mode on these.

Please, please, for the love of my wallet, someone say something negative about them...:banghead:

Please, please, for the love of my wallet, someone say something negative about them...:banghead:

They're expensive.

They only make them in right and left handed

They don't drop your handicap like PXG irons

Your wife will go ****** crazy and probably divorce you when she finds out how much you payed for them, more so when she finds out you only got 5-pw for the money you paid!!!!

Are these really THAT expensive?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Stopped by Golfsmith yesterday for a quick club test. My current iron set is TaylorMade TP CB and wanted to test them against Apex CF 16. I only brought my 7i into the store. Really can't offer any additional superlatives that haven't been mentioned in this thread. Apex CF 16 irons are sweet to hit. Ball flight and trajectory easily meet expectations.

I should have taken a picture of the summary but here is a basic summary. Apex total yard average is 175 with a tight dispersion. TP CB total yard average is 170 with a tight dispersion. Carry difference is also +5 yards for Apex. Spin numbers are similar for both clubs. Apex loft is 31 deg and TP CB is 32.5 deg. Therefore, the extra yards isn't a surprise.

I really like the Apex irons. Thankfully, for my wallet, this purchase qualifies as a want instead of need.

One other quick comment. I also tested my XR driver against the XR 16. Damn you Callaway!!! I'm kidding of course. I really like my XR driver but +12 yards is hard to ignore. I'll do another test outside at demo days next month. An upgrade will likely happen if this test repeats itself.

Not that much 899 for a 5-PW set with stock/no up charge shaft options

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They only want to go high and straight.

Well mine were sitting in my bag watching me wash dishes and never once offered to help........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Part of you won't want to hit them because they are soooo pretty.....

And then you hit them and see how awesome it is and everything goes out the window. Looking forward to getting my first round in with these on Saturday.

Damn you THP.

I got 6-SW (7 clubs) in stock graphite and it cost $1225 before tax ($175/club). I had a $500 gift card and got $350 for trading in my old set so I didn't end up that much out of pocket, but if you upgrade shafts it can get spendy.

Back