NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

Still undecided at this point. We've tossed around the idea of adding some spice to the rounds and I suspect we'll get it worked out a couple weeks beforehand. One thing is for sure...we're going to have a great time!

I am fine either way, if people want to add some competition I am good with that but have no problem just meeting up with some like minded THPers for golf at a beautiful locale. I just hope I am swinging better than the last time I hit Poppy Ridge.

Throw those rounds up on GameBook. I know I would follow! It will be a great time I bet!

I am fine either way, if people want to add some competition I am good with that but have no problem just meeting up with some like minded THPers for golf at a beautiful locale. I just hope I am swinging better than the last time I hit Poppy Ridge.

I still need to get out there beforehand so I'm not rudely surprised by anything!

Last edited:
Thats awesome guys. I am going to be in California the week leading up to this and then Texas for the UST and THP Shaft Spectacular, or I would have considered staying in Cali. Have a great time.

I'd be up for a format, but I know when playing special courses everyone generally likes to be able to golf their own ball. Also made tough with not everyone playing both days. Whether it be stroke play or something else, I think it should definitely be on Gamebook, it was so much fun when we used it at the NorCal vs SoCal event.

One thing to note, Gamebook has the old Poppy Hills scorecard, so that would need to be updated. Not sure about Laguna Seca, but something to check on.

I'd be up for a format, but I know when playing special courses everyone generally likes to be able to golf their own ball. Also made tough with not everyone playing both days. Whether it be stroke play or something else, I think it should definitely be on Gamebook, it was so much fun when we used it at the NorCal vs SoCal event.

One thing to note, Gamebook has the old Poppy Hills scorecard, so that would need to be updated. Not sure about Laguna Seca, but something to check on.

I'll email them about it now! I'm really up for anything even if that means just playing straight up.

I'll email them about it now! I'm really up for anything even if that means just playing straight up.

I'm not sure if they update the courses. The last time I used it, I just went through and updated the scorecard where needed.

I'm not sure if they update the courses. The last time I used it, I just went through and updated the scorecard where needed.

I shot them an email so we'll see what they say! Laguna Seca is in there as well and looked fine.

We have a threesome (me, my brother and Hickster) playing on the 18th at PoppyRidge, Livermore at 1030 hours (1 1/2 hours north of Monterey) and could use another. Post if you want in. $65 for 18 and lunch included. Poppy Ridge is the other NCGA owned course.

Thats three days of golf! Whoohoo!

Ken

I would love to, really like Poppy Ridge and only about 40 minutes from me but I am already taking Tuesday off that week. Good luck, you will have a good time. Do you know what 2 nines you are playing? They have 3 nines (Chardonnay/Merlot/Zinfandel) so you can mix and match them.

We have a threesome (me, my brother and Hickster) playing on the 18th at PoppyRidge, Livermore at 1030 hours (1 1/2 hours north of Monterey) and could use another. Post if you want in. $65 for 18 and lunch included. Poppy Ridge is the other NCGA owned course.

Ken

Ken

Added it to the first post!

Added it to the first post!

Thanks Hickster, I can always increase the number of players to above 4, which would be awesome, but we would need to know pretty soon. So let me know peeps! First come first serve. I'm buying the beer.

ken

I would love to, really like Poppy Ridge and only about 40 minutes from me but I am already taking Tuesday off that week. Good luck, you will have a good time. Do you know what 2 nines you are playing? They have 3 nines (Chardonnay/Merlot/Zinfandel) so you can mix and match them.

Too bad, we would love to have ya! Which 9's would you recommend? Are you sure you can't get away, pretty sure I can hear a cough, doesn't sound good, you need time off, Lol.

Ken
I submitted a time off request this morning. I will keep you posted.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Ken

I am going to play there tomorrow for the first time, not sure what to expect.

I am going to play there tomorrow for the first time, not sure what to expect.
It's a fun "course" that consists of three separate 9's so you can play several times and it will still be new.
They were reworking the bunkers when I played there 2 years ago. Looking at how they were setting them up, having a good bunker game will be important.

Looking forward to hearing about your round.

It's a fun "course" that consists of three separate 9's so you can play several times and it will still be new.
They were reworking the bunkers when I played there 2 years ago. Looking at how they were setting them up, having a good bunker game will be important.

Looking forward to hearing about your round.

I had a great time today. The three 9 hole setup reminds me of Cinnabar in San Jose. This course luckily isn't as difficult as Cinnabar. There are definitely some challenging holes but I really enjoyed the courses. I played on Chardonnay and Zinfandel.

One of the guys playing with me told me Merlot was the hardest, so I'm glad I missed that one. You definitely need to have a good bunker game as there are plenty of bunkers around! Plus there's so much darn sand in them too. I was sinking in some of them.

The customer service was also top notch. I was very happy. I bought a mallet cover and they are shipping it to me since they sold out. I will definitely be coming back there! It would be great to tee it up with you guys there.

I had a great time today. The three 9 hole setup reminds me of Cinnabar in San Jose. This course luckily isn't as difficult as Cinnabar. There are definitely some challenging holes but I really enjoyed the courses. I played on Chardonnay and Zinfandel.

One of the guys playing with me told me Merlot was the hardest, so I'm glad I missed that one. You definitely need to have a good bunker game as there are plenty of bunkers around! Plus there's so much darn sand in them too. I was sinking in some of them.

The customer service was also top notch. I was very happy. I bought a mallet cover and they are shipping it to me since they sold out. I will definitely be coming back there! It would be great to tee it up with you guys there.

sounds great, glad you had good time. I am looking forward to playing in couple of weeks, I'll grab some souvenirs, from each course.

not sure which 2 we will play on the 18th, I'm not picky and it sounds fun to have a choice. Since it will be day one of three in a row, Im just going to try to get this body through it all, lol.

thanks for the info, if you and others want to join us, say the word and I'll grab more times before it's too late.

sounds great, glad you had good time. I am looking forward to playing in couple of weeks, I'll grab some souvenirs, from each course.

not sure which 2 we will play on the 18th, I'm not picky and it sounds fun to have a choice. Since it will be day one of three in a row, Im just going to try to get this body through it all, lol.

thanks for the info, if you and others want to join us, say the word and I'll grab more times before it's too late.

I doubt the family would sign off on golf three days in a row haha. Have you played Poppy Ridge often?

I doubt the family would sign off on golf three days in a row haha. Have you played Poppy Ridge often?

I've never played it, but I'm damn sure looking forward to it :D

I've never played it, but I'm damn sure looking forward to it :D

It kinda reminded me of San Juan Oaks a little bit. You're going to enjoy it!

It kinda reminded me of San Juan Oaks a little bit. You're going to enjoy it!

That's not a good comparison for me, haha! Granted, when I played SJO I'm pretty sure the rough hadn't been mowed in a week. I'm guessing Poppy Ridge will be in peak condition on 3/18!

My friend is a definite for Sunday at Poppy. Looking forward to it, it's getting closer!

nope haven't played it, I have family in Livermore, but I gave the game up for about 20 years, that's about the time they built it. Always wanted to play there and am looking forward to it! I want to try the hardest of the nines, just for the heck of it.

Back